With the announcement of the return of Gilmore Girls in October, 2015, GilmoreNews has been your partner in sourcing out all the latest news. After all, we were there with you back when Gilmore Girls was originally on the air!
Gilmore Girls: Seasons Comes to Netflix
We know that the revival, titled Gilmore Girls: Seasons, will be coming to Netflix sometime in 2016 in 4 episodes (or movies) of 90-minute each. These episodes will come in the following order, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, with each episode capturing a moment in time, with an appropriate time gap between each ‘Season’ of the year. There’s even a chance of more, someday.
We do NOT yet know when the episodes will air (we can only guess) or if they will air all at once, typical of Netflix, or if Amy Sherman-Palladino’s preference to spread them out will be honored.
Gilmore Girls: Seasons Spoilers
Here I will summarize the known Gilmore Girls spoilers as relate to the revival, including some guesses. I do not post spoilers without some context backing them up, so read through to each post for all the details. Not these are not ALL of the spoilers, only the major plot points. Stay tuned to my Gilmore Girls Revival category for all the latest bits of news.
- The final four words are said in a dialogue between Rory & Lorelai. They don’t leave us with a resolution. They may even leave us “thrown.”
- There will be a musical in ‘Summer’; Stars Hollow: The Musical will star Sutton Foster, Kerry Butler and Christian Borle. There will be 4 songs with “ludicrous” lyrics by Amy & Dan.
- Lorelai (Lauren Graham) & Luke (Scott Patterson) are still together… ish. The relationship is “ramped up,” according to Scott, and they have “juicy” plot lines.
- Rory (Alexis Bledel) will start out “single” and “dating,” but there are good indications she will choose among her exes
- All of Rory’s exes are in the finale: Logan (Matt Czuchry), Jess (Milo Ventimiglia) and Dean (Jared Padalecki)
- It’s likely Dean has moved away from Stars Hollow and only “ran into an old friend.” Dean is in only one scene, but he was satisfied with it.
- Jess is there to “move the ball forward” for someone and to “cause trouble“
- Someone will get a new love interest (of Lorelai, Rory, Emily or Luke). Given that a year will have passed during the 4 episodes, Emily is a contender (but just a guess)!
- Rory becomes disillusioned of her life as a journalist, perhaps not being as successful as she wanted. Living a “vagabond” life, she rarely sees Lorelai. She visits Chilton to deliver a guest lecture on Jane Eyre. Possible career move?
- The Life & Death Brigade returns in a big way, and may indicate a major plot line related to the next point. There are “sexy” scenes and some that involve many beautiful women. Most likely these are scenes at a tango bar.
- There will be a wedding
- There is filming at a fancy location. There are suits, worn by many (photos here and here).
- Alexis Bledel shoots scenes with the Life & Death Brigade.
- Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) will be back only as a smaller role, but she will be wearing chef’s clothes!
- The first episode, Winter, picks up 4-months after Richard died. There will be scenes in a cemetery.
- All members of Hep Alien are back
- There are two festivals, including the Stars Hollow International Spring Food Festival. The second is likely Stars Hollow: The Musical
- There will be 2 town meetings
- There’s a new Nanny, and likely she’s taking care of Paris & Doyle’s kids
- Paris returns to Chilton
- There is an old folks home. No idea why.
- April will be considering grad school and will join a Gilmore dinner of some sort
- We will finally learn more about Michel
- The first set of PHOTOS have been released
- We will meet Lane’s twin boys
- There will be more than one nun (see who is one of them)
- There are scenes in a local pool
- There were “red herring” scenes filmed which will NOT be used, just to confuse fans in case of leaks
If you go to our list of confirmed actors and guest stars, there are more possible Gilmore Girls spoilers related to casting updates, but they aren’t always as solid.