Gilmore Girls aired its last episode on May 15, 2007. But we don’t want it to be the last! Will there be a Gilmore Girls Season 8? Or will there be a Gilmore Girls movie?
- Alexis Bledel has not heard of a script and is happy with how the series ended, though she said if a movie happened, she has a vision for Rory: “I imagine her working in a newspaper room somewhere just going after a story.” August, 2009
- Alexis Bledel says “I thought that Rory’s graduation was a perfect right bookend to the pilot episode where Lorelai is struggling to figure out how she is going to pay for her academically advanced child’s education.” August, 2009
- Lauren Graham says she’d consider the script: “there’s nothing I would dismiss out of hand in the world of being an actor.” July, 2009
- WB Exec Peter Roth says he’d love a Gilmore Girls feature movie (not just a TV movie) – May, 2009
- Lauren Graham keeps telling fans “I don’t know” when they ask about the Gilmore Girls movie – though she’s not saying “no”! – May, 2009
- Lauren Graham does get asked a lot about the movie – April, 2009
- Lauren Graham admits to seriously considering how it could be done, though doesn’t know if it would satisfy fans – January, 2009
- Milo Ventimiglia says “I don’t know” when asked if he’d join a Gilmore Girls movie – November, 2008
- Matt Czuchry tells me exclusively that he hasn’t heard about a movie or been contacted in any official capacity about it – August, 2008
- Alexis Bledel says she hasn’t heard anything about a movie – August, 2008
- Lauren Graham admits that Sex and the City changed things, that “a TV show can’t just end now. It’s implied there’s got to be more.” – April, 2008
- Creator Amy Sherman-Palladino says “Team P has a fair amount of wound-licking to do before they dive back” – April , 2008
- Melissa McCarthy says she has no idea if the movie is in the works, but “I do think it’d be fun.” – November, 2007
- Scott Patterson says he’s been contacted about the movie and he’d do anything to work with Amy Sherman-Palladino again – October, 2007
- Melissa McCarthy thinks Amy Sherman-Palladino could write up something that would be more than just a “reunion movie.” – August, 2007
- Amy Sherman-Palladino says “we’ve talked about maybe doing a little song-and-dance together again,” in terms of working with Lauren Graham. - July, 2007
- “I think if the stars align we can do it. I’d love to work with that cast one more time. Dan and I would write something great. It would mean a lot to us.” – Amy Sherman-Palladino
- “I think you wait a couple years. Wait a couple years. Make sure there’s some interest.” – Dan Palladino
- Lauren Graham says to ask Amy about a Gilmore Girls movie – June, 2007
- Lauren Graham wishes Amy Sherman-Palladino had gotten to be a part of the end, to share her final four words – June, 2007
- Amy Sherman-Palladino says she hopes to make a Gilmore Girls TV moviie to tie up all the loose threads. Scott Patterson confirms he’d be interested, and Alexis Bledel says she’d read the script and see how she felt at the time. Lauren Graham says it “could be a fun idea if everyone wants to do it. I’d would do it just to get the four final words out of Amy.” – May, 2007
Stay tuned for more!
And don’t forget to sign the petition.