Gilmore Girls 7.22 "Bon Voyage"
Original Air Date: May 15, 2007
Discussion Date: August 14, 2008
Read "Bon Voyage" Recap
- Why doesn’t Lorelai let Rory put clothes on before driving her to the Inn to meet Christiane Amanpour?
- Do you think it realistic that Christiane would give Rory her card?
- Does it seem like Rory is in less of a panic about her future now?
- What do you think of the rollercoaster trip?
- Do you think Rory wants to talk with Logan?
- Is Lorelai really over Luke, or does she just want to be?
- Why does Lorelai think being friends is healthier with Luke?
- Why does Rory whine about the town throwing her a party?
- Why do both Luke & Lorelai talk about being "over" each other? Why that term?
- Why is Emily berating Lorelai about the rollercoaster vacation?
- Did Rory accept the job with Barak Obama because it’s a good job or because she had no other offers?
- Do you think this is a good first time job for Rory?
- Would you accept a job that may not have any vacation time for 2 years?
- Would Rory have accepted this job if she’d still been with Logan?
- Do you think Lorelai & Rory should still have a mini party for the sake of the town?
- Why does Luke decide to lead the town in throwing a surprise party for Rory?
- Does Sookie interpret Luke’s gesture as something more than friendship?
- Are you impressed that the town all decided to get together for a more organized collective party for Rory?
- Is Lorelai overpreparing Rory as a way to avoid facing that Rory is leaving?
- Do you think that Rory and Lane will keep growing apart now that Rory is moving away?
- Why is Rory upset that Lorelai is not being sentimental?
- Do you think Rory is up to the task of being a political reporter? Would she enjoy it?
- How do you think Lorelai will be with Rory so far away for so long?
- Does Rory leaving push Lorelai to re-examine the other relationships / priorities in her life?
- Why does Luke decide to find the solution to the rain issue all by himself?
- What prompts Luke to put Lorelai’s necklace in his pocket? Is doing all this for Rory showing him what he feels for the Gilmore girls?
- Are you surprised that Lorelai wasn’t told about the surprise party?
- Do you think the party provided a way for us, the viewers, to say goodbye to all the cast?
- Do you think Christopher should have been invited to the party?
- Is Richard right? Did the town throw the party as much for Lorelai as for Rory?
- Do you think Richard & Emily see Lorelai differently now? With more respect?
- Why is Taylor’s speech so graphic?
- Did Emily think they needed to bribe Lorelai to come to dinners?
- Does Lorelai enjoy her parents more now, or does she realize they will all need each other more with Rory gone?
- Why didn’t Luke take credit earlier for putting the party together?
- Did Sookie tell Lorelai about what Luke did knowing it would get them back together?
- Did Luke put the party together as a romantic gesture for Lorelai? Would he have done it, had he not wanted more than friendship?
- Do you think Luke & Lorelai will get married now?
- Did Luke suggest the breakfast at the diner, or do you think that was Lorelai’s idea? What does it signify?
- When Luke says to "take all the time she needs", was that a statement about his relationship with Lorelai? Is he hinting at marriage?
- When Lorelai orders quickly, is that telling Luke she doesn’t need time to know what she wants?
- Do you think Lorelai told Rory about Luke? If not, why?
- Is Lorelai confident Rory will do well?
What did you think of the series finale? Did it tie up enough loose ends? How does it compare to the rest of the series?