Gilmore Girls Up for Emmy Award

Gilmore Girls finally has its Emmy nod! Well, in an unconventional way. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will compete in the Best Limited Series category for this year’s Emmy nomination, competing against shows such as Big Little Lies, Feud, and American Crime.

Lauren Graham announced the great news by sending members of the press some pastries postmarked from the Dragonfly Inn with a special note, as below:

Greetings from Stars Hollow!

With Emmy voting just around the corner, we are sure that you will be catching up on a lot of television, including the four 90-minute chapters of “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” on Netflix — which is officially in the race for Outstanding Limited Series! Rory and I find nothing goes better with couch time than some fresh baked treats straight from Sookie’s kitchen.

Enjoy!

Lorelai Gilmore

gilmore-girls-pastries lorelai-gilmore-note

As for whether this Emmy Award nomination puts more pressure for a repeat series? Both Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham are leaving themselves open, but only if it’s the right thing to do.

“What can we do that is satisfying, and worth continuing, and gratifying to the people who care so much about it?” said Graham, 50. “I don’t know if there is a need to do more. I would never want it to feel like we overstayed our welcome.”

“There’s probably a way to keep these characters alive, but I don’t know if that’s the best thing for them,” she added.

Bledel shared that her decision would weigh heavily on what the Palladinos have in mind for Rory: “I’m just interested in telling a story that is dynamic and that I sort of relate to and can hook into. And if that happens … I don’t know.”

Maybe if the re-revival gave us back a stronger Rory?!

7 thoughts on “Gilmore Girls Up for Emmy Award

• April 24, 2017 at 11:27 am

Really, why? What about this limited series was Emmy-worthy?

• April 24, 2017 at 10:58 pm

I’d say Kelly Bishop and Lauren Graham’s performances are worthy of consideration, I know it’s odd to say about a show that is so wordy but it’s in what the non verbal stuff where they are so good. It’s a very tough category actress wise but it would be great if they were shortlisted

• May 28, 2017 at 9:43 am

The writing, without question.

• April 25, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Because there are very few to choose from. Also, nostalgia

• April 25, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Please if going be more or not people make up your mind

• May 29, 2017 at 12:24 pm

What for? A Year in the Life destroyed that wonderful Show that was Gilmore Girls.
    I think Amy Sherman Paladino deserves punishment instead of an award for disappointing and INSULTING the fans with the stupid sequel. I wish she never had done it and I try to forget that I saw it, because I cannot enjoy the original series anymore when I think about the horrible ending.

• June 16, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Mabel Ramon I wonder if I don’t share the same feeling… Indeed, I’ve tried often to watch it… Felt as if I got bored, stoped it, and forgot it for months… Something that would never happen with the original series…
    Yet, who knows, an award could give us a true Gilmore Girls season, with real characters as in our beloved dvd :)