Lauren Graham Filmed Multiple Reactions to the Final Four Words

Lauren Graham spoke to Ryan Seacrest about the last four words and found out there were multiple reaction shots:

We did film several reactions of mine and I haven’t seen the show because I have terrible problems and can’t watch myself until ten years later, so I don’t know except how it’s been described to me but the reaction I gave was, I would say. was a 50/50 mix of surprise and total joy.

Was she happy with the final four words?

According to Amy, those were always the four words and they were not intentionally designed to drive anyone crazy.  It was kind of a coming full circle in a way, in her mind.  Having said that, I didn’t know know what they were until halfway of filming of this.  When I heard them, my reaction was wait, what, huh?  I thought it was going to be ‘Good Night Dear Town’, something that really tied it up with a bow.

She was happy about doing the Revival:

As an experience, I was so happy with what we did and it was just an incredible experience, but I, too, was just surprised by the end.

So, let’s circle back to the reactions. We have the RELEASED reaction of “50/50 surprise and total joy”… what could the other reactions have been?

Ways Lorelai could have reacted to the final 4 words

Over-the-top squealing with joy
Profanity
50/50 Anger & Joy
Sadness
Questioning who the father is
Other
Please Specify:

surveymaker

12 thoughts on “Lauren Graham Filmed Multiple Reactions to the Final Four Words

• January 30, 2017 at 12:22 am

Not a fan of the reunion. Rory did a180. She turned from being a responsible person to a who cares person, at the same time lamenting the fact that she couldn’t get a job. I didn’t care for her at all. I’m just hoping that she’s Lorelai’s surrogate, not pregnant by Logan. At 32 she’s a little old to be getting pregnant like Lorelai. Too immature! How could she totally change her personality? Between her and her mom, she was the most responsible.

• January 30, 2017 at 10:30 am

I agree. Did she even read one book during the reunion show? Rory? I mean, come on.

• January 30, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I hadn’t considered the surrogate route. Hmmmm…..

• January 30, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Those words would have been the “full circle” ending IF they were the end of season seven, but I believe they lost validity Rory being this old and this much time passing. While I understand ASP desire to finish like she started, I think she should have ditched the last four words AND THE MUSICALS.

• January 30, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Here’s an “other”:
    “I….knew it!” But the follow-up would probably be. “So, who’s the father?”

• January 30, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Seems like the final four words could hardly be that surprising. The only question was which Lorelai would say the final two and would ASP break her first commandment by leaving everyone happy if/when both girls simultaneously say the last two words—

• Pingback: Una Mamma per Amica: Le reazioni d Lauren Graham alle 4 parole finali

• January 31, 2017 at 6:28 am

Didn’t strike me as “50/50 surprise and joy”. I thought it was pretty non-commital actually…like waiting for viewers’ reactions first and then filming the rest of the reaction for the next season after the feedback. I was shocked until it was pointed out to me by the very bright Millenial I gave birth to, that “after all, Rory is in her early 30s, so it’s no longer about ‘the sins of the mother…’ but about whether it’s going to be easier to be a single parent in the Millenial era.”

Can anyone say, is there going to be another season after this, or is the intention to leave fans up in the air drawing their own conclusions?

• January 31, 2017 at 2:48 pm

The final four words came as no surprise. In fact, it seemed appropriate considering the affair she was carrying on with Logan, soon to be married,. Pregnant with a surrogate for Lorelai? Ewww, giving birth to her own sister? Nasty. And the musicals? I just did a fast-forward on those; what a waste of time that added nothing to the show and seemed like a time-filler. I had such great hopes that I binged all the seasons just so I could be up-to-speed for the new release. Uh, I didn’t miss anything. Luke needs a backbone. Emily killed it though. Loved the prospect of Dragonfly 2.0.

• February 2, 2017 at 12:38 am

Mcityrk, brilliant as usual. Alternative last four words:

Rory and Lorelai (simultaneously): I’m pregnant.

But better as it was intended – because the story comes full circle. From a certain writer’s perspective, that’s tied up with a bow like a Moebius ribbon.

You have to try as hard as Lorelai not to become your parents and who was Rory’s role model?

• February 3, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Hi Rich-

Yep, agree with the symmetry in the ending, just would have fit better 5 or so years ago. Any thoughts on playing the “Gilmore Girls She Wrote” game from the tab about 10 days ago?

• February 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm

I think Lorelai is not the type of person who has only one reaction, so I think first she would be really happy, then sort of angry, then she would jump up and down with joy and then she would question who the father is (and get angry depending on the answer).

I get that a lot of people didn’t like the ending, but I think it was perfect and if fit the show and it was true to the writing. But I obviously wish for more – I mean, it’s the best show ever.