Winter. Nailed it. (Spoilers for Winter only)

As soon as I saw the Jeep, I was All In.

jeep

From the self-aware, tongue-in-cheek machine gun chatter opening to the joyously upbeat Dolly Parton ending, this was Amy Sherman-Palladino at her absolute best.

The scene with Kirk at Emily’s dinner table was simply masterful. Navigating from Kirk’s full-on pottiness (crying in the car loud enough to alert the help) to a serious argument simmering just underneath Rory’s homelessness, to the gasp I’m sure you also gave when Luke approached Richard’s chair… was astonishing. There is nothing on television as emotive, entertaining or enjoyable as this.

It was like the best episodes from the original series where the only reason I wasn’t snorting drink out of my nose is because I’m trying to hear what they were going to say next – and it was scene after scene of laughs and lovely pieces of plot fitting together and characters I loved and missed and are now back in my life. Even the character name-checks (Jess, Sookie, April) made me yelp a little.

Every cameo was a treasure, from the sets to the old props, from Cesar to Gypsy to Lorelai’s Jeep to Hep Alien effortlessly reforming out of thin air, to ‘Dee Dee’ emerging from a London bathroom, to Louise Goffman (Carole King’s daughter, who duetted with Carole King on the original theme song ‘Where You Lead (I Will Follow)’) being chased down the street by the original town troubadour Grant Lee Phillips, who – during the most pleasurable 90 minutes I’ve had in a long time – has space to strum and sing and which, like in The Muppet Show, gave natural pauses to the comedy and oh oh oh, The Drama.

car

Just when you think we’re tiptoeing – or tap dancing – around dear Ed Herrmann’s death we’re presented with an elephantine 12-foot portrait of Richard Gilmore and then thrown head-on into his funeral and relentlessly into Lorelai’s own portait of her father – initially awkward, then excruciating, then so, so sad. Again this is just genius writing, brave, forceful and brilliant. There are few living writers who can blend comedy, drama and emotion and knit them together like this.

Also, Digger!!! Long-time readers have been supremely patient with my apparently singular affection for Jason Stiles but oh my goodness his little scene with Lorelai is perfection. The setup is exquisitely uncontrived, their history summed up in a brief, honest exchange with a send-off like a hug for everyone who wore out their VHS tapes or burned out their DVD players from endless rewatching.

Jason: Umlauts.
Lorelai: Digger.

The only jarring twinge I had was that Emily had the same maid, Berta for at least 4 months. Unheard of, right? It was only then I realised how shook up Emily must have been without Richard. She needed something to be constant and noisy. The character was doubly vindicated when I discovered she was played by Rose Abdoo (Gypsy).

Berta: Hollalo?

This episode had so much to accomplish and it sent fireworks up at every mark: Pay our respects to Edward Herrmann and the original material, check. Actors up to speed, check. Rory’s relationships moving on, Michel’s sexuality and a flat-screen television rising mercurially out of a cabinet? Check, check, check. Mission accomplished. Those big chrysanthemum fireworks that fill up the sky.

reunion

Did you notice that except for a couple of scenes, the entire episode has a frosty Kieslowski-esque blue cast? By my reckoning, Autumn’s going to be pure gold and in Amy’s capable hands I can’t frickin’ wait.

Heh, I nearly forgot to mention Paul. He is a brilliant contrivance and a smart way to kick off that whole shebang. But yeah, she’s really gotta dump that guy.

What were you favourite nods to the original show?
Anyone else wonder if Emily kept the leaf that fell on Richard’s casket?
Have you started knitting a scarf like Rory’s? I bet it’s a thing on Pinterest.
Fave pop culture references? I caught Cyrano (de Bergerac), Def Leppard and I think that one at the end was about Supernatural?

(Apologies if anyone has missed me since news started rolling in for GG:AYITL. I’ve certainly missed you. I’m a real baby when it comes to spoilers and I simply didn’t want to know anything about what might or might not be coming. Call me old fashioned (or just old) but I like a surprise and I was hoping this one would be a doozie. And so far, it is! Also, Arieanna was posting her heart out and a lot of other sites were firing up Gilmore news feeds so I figured you wouldn’t be lonely. Forgive me. I’ve only just watched Winter so I won’t be reading responses or the many months of backlogged messages for a couple of days. Hopefully something will explain Alex Borstein’s odd screen credit as Drella. But I needed to post this because Winter was so stupendously awesome I needed to brainfart and now I’ve used up all my superlatives. Probably speak to you again after the Autumn.)

Rich

Rich originally began contributing to GIlmore News as 'Dairyman' in 2013, a reference to the character Dairyman Dick in Tess of the D'Urbervilles, (call me Rich). Here in the UK we were late to the Gilmore party and I don't remember what made me watch my first episode - the one where Lorelai picks Rory up from the police station after she and Logan steal a yacht - but I remember watching it again immediately. And then again. Thankfully, the next show was on the next day and I watched that one three times too. And then the boat one again. I couldn't believe the dialogue was so quick and so funny and I pretended to myself that I was only watching it so I could figure out who I was more keen on - the mom or the daughter. I swore that Aaron Sorkin must have been involved but I couldn't find his name attached anywhere, even on the internet. So I watched and loved and laughed and cried and the day after the series finale, they ran the entire show from the beginning again and Rory turned into a baby so then I was all about Lorelai. Lauren Graham is astonishing ("Mother: Breathtaking") and the show was - and is - lightning in a bottle. It's a treasure for those who watch and get swept up in it, like I did and like the readers of Gilmore News. It's heartbreak and chicken soup, family dysfunction and blind optimism, lighthearted romanticism and balls-out brilliant. Thanks to Arieanna and gilmorenews.com for letting me squat and allowing my inner Gilmore Geek out for air. I worry how it would otherwise manifest.

52 thoughts on “Winter. Nailed it. (Spoilers for Winter only)

• November 25, 2016 at 6:43 pm

I also like Jason! Not more than Luke and Christopher, but still. Totally loved his scene. He complimented Richard and expressed sympathy – both very sincerely and sweetly.

• November 26, 2016 at 11:12 am

I agree – Jason’s appearance was a high point in the four episodes.

• November 25, 2016 at 8:16 pm

I just want to know where I can get Paris Geller’s purple and gold scarf. Really

• November 25, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I’m confused about Michel. In the first season, he talked about charming the ladies. It implied he was charmed by them as well.

• November 26, 2016 at 12:17 am

Am I the only one to notice that sookie had a much deeper voice …which I presume is Melissas normal voice …. but I missed the high pitched sookie. .It made the whole scene abit weird for me and not quite right!. BUT LOved whole show !

• November 26, 2016 at 9:07 pm

I even doubt she was Melissa Mccarthy. I had to look it up to be sure. Very different voice

• November 27, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Yes, thank you! Her voice *was* deeper and she was less manic and hyper and gushing like the original. I wondered if it was because she didn’t have time to get into character, didn’t have enough takes to find a rhythm, get a good take, or bond with her co-star. Her performance felt off to me as well. I even considered if she was making a personal statement by refusing to play Sookie high-pitched and ditzy anymore. She was slower, more measured, as she ticked off the different cakes and I thought she was really taking the pacing down. I watched the entire series for the first time during a few months leading up to the latest season and when I saw Melissa McCarthy play a kind of goofy, brilliant, but air-headed spaz best-friend to Lorelai it seemed weird at first. Definitely politics have shifted a great deal in 16 years since the show started. Maybe she didn’t want to play a high-pitched kind of girly silly woman anymore? It felt too much like a stereotype? I’m digging for explanations though. It’s somehow hard for me to accept she just phoned it in. I think the easiest answer is probably the right one though. She didn’t have time, came in for two hours, did one take and was out of there.

• November 26, 2016 at 1:05 am

“Gypsy” plays the maid? I didn´t recognize her at all! And I was also confused by Emily not only having a maid more than two days but also opening her house for the maids family. That kept me a little confused but it also makes kind of sense that she needs some stability.
    I´ve already watched “Winter” two times yesterday and would be ready for a third. :)

• November 26, 2016 at 4:18 am

I can not believe it ended like that, and now that’s it?? they should really start making more of the Gilmore girl shows, obviously its LOGANS which is awesome, and it seems like shes taking off how her moter did pregnant and not married the only thing is shes older then loreia was, so now start the show off with loreia being a single parent. I thought she was going to end up with jess I really did but I think LOGAN and her are the best, LOVED the part where she met all logans friends and then he popped up giving her the hat and cape and the song, omg best part :):):):)

• November 26, 2016 at 10:01 am

She’s pregnant with logans kid yeah but y didn’t they get married

• November 26, 2016 at 7:03 pm

It had to come full circle. Rory is the age Lorelei was in season 1, Logan is just like Christopher. Anyone count how many times they said full circle in the 4 episodes?

• November 26, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I sure hope it’s Logan’s!!! I’ve always been a Team Logan gal, but remember: Rory admitted to having a wild one-night stand with some guy who didn’t take his Wookie costume off! So….it might not be Logan’s.

• November 26, 2016 at 6:51 am

Omg i half way through i thought i love tge show butbits over over over dramatic without scenes to laugh and recover. This is a completely different show. I got to say im a bit disappointed by the heavy emotional load 😞

• November 27, 2016 at 5:58 am

I agree! The SH Musical was a dud as was Other. Luke & Lorelai were BLAH, no feeling! Rory’s sex with a stranger.. who is she & Lorelai’s reaction, who are these people? And the disappointment in Last 4 words 😳😱😰. I hope GG does not end like this but will just have to watch series

• November 27, 2016 at 6:04 am

So agree… left me empty & sad. Would rather not had more b/c series was so beloved & this did not seem like same characters. To much dud musical!

• November 27, 2016 at 7:00 am

I totally agree. I was pretty disappointed with Sookie just up and leaving The Dragonfly Inn and how Lorelei acted after the funeral. Come on you can’t come up with something nice to say about your father?
      It was great to see all the cast, even if it was for a minute or two (Dean).

• November 26, 2016 at 7:56 am

Very disappointed with the end. This really does not make sense. It is even stupid. For my part she should have finished with Logan especially knowing that feelings are shared. But who csais bit be Amy will make us a suite following. Yes it’s beautiful to dream

• November 26, 2016 at 9:48 am

What was the Supernatural reference? I didn’t catch it. It’s not the line about the Winchester mystery house, right?

• November 26, 2016 at 10:38 am

It was exactly what I was expecting after reading about how the production was progressing – disjointed and lacking in a lot of the character progression that had been made in season 7. Yes, I thought S7 was good – actually better than most of S6.
    L&L seemed to go right back to the no communication thing they had during most of S6 and I was sad to see so little interplay between their characters – where was the banter, the connection, the love? I really didn’t see it.
    Rory’s seems to continue the character regression she started at the end of S4. How does someone who starts off so smart, ethical, clear-sighted and goal-oriented end up as the other woman of the guy who she was so mad at for cheating on her? And where did all her career goals go to – with her credentials and drive, she should have been able to progress better than she did. As far as I can tell, with brief periods of going back to her original self, she’s been lost since the end of S4.
    I will give credit to the way Richard’s death was handled. Overall, it was a shining point in these 4 episodes. As was Kirk being, well, Kirk.
    Otherwise, I think that less attention to guest stars and cameo and more attention to the actual storyline would have served the fans better. I think that much of the story was disjointed because of the effort to just fit everyone in wherever they could based on the actors’ schedules. To the point that it had you asking, but where was that character in that scene – they should have been there.
    If I had to give this revival a grade, it would be a C+.

• November 27, 2016 at 12:29 am

Agreed!!!! On every point. So disappointed with Rory’s storyline.

• November 27, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I totally agree! So disappointed that Rory had come any farther and goes even farther down. Also they totally didn’t finish the Paris storyline. It was like they forgot to put her in the last two episodes!

• November 26, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I loved Winter, it was everything I wanted and even more. As far as Drella is credited, I was really curious and I went back to every single scene at the Dragonfly. So, just after Lorelai and Michel get down the stairs and walk in the living room, to the left there is someone playing the harp. I’m assuming there was a bigger scene and they had to cut it.

• November 26, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Seeing that Emily not only kept a maid for that long, but hired the maid’s husband AND inviting both of them and their children to live with her was a huge shock. Since we are only talking about Winter, I won’t say anything further except that I love how they are showing Emily as a person and not as Mrs. Gilmore. She is growing and I think it’s great. They also did a fantastic job as far as including Richard into the revival. He is still very much in their lives and that’s wonderful.

• November 26, 2016 at 6:31 pm

I don’t get the “wrapped in plastic” reference

• November 29, 2016 at 12:30 pm

She was quoting Pete Martell from Twin Peaks.

• November 26, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Best homage: Hep Alien band practice!!!!

• November 26, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Can someone please explain the backstory of Petal? Did the town give her to Kirk because he was lonely (I didn’t see LuLu)? Cute piggy!

• November 26, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Lorelai told Rory that Miss Patty overheard Lulu and Kirk talking about having children so the town clubbed together, they think it will give them a few more years

• November 26, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Lu Lu is in the 2nd ep in the Black, White and Read scene, she seats L & L then tells them about her and Kirk making out in the same sofa.

L & R mention the reason for the pig in the 1st ep, Kirk was talking about kids so the town ‘pitched in’ for the pig to take his mind off the idea for a few years

• November 26, 2016 at 11:03 pm

As much as I loved Kirk, I think he saw a little too much screen time (although his Eraserhead look was priceless!). I kind of feel like Lane’s story got left behind, she was there but no growth or real sense of story.

Michel and story was amazing as usual, his lines when he is trying to be nice to the children at the Dragon Fly were fantastic!

One question I had do I watch this assuming that we are moving on from Season 7 or not? If we do watch including Season 7 happened it really makes you wonder about the ethics of Logan and more so Rory. Either way she is doing the exact same thing she did with Dean but doesn’t even care this time.

• November 27, 2016 at 12:56 am

Emily used to sack her maids for the most ridiculous reasons, she was a perfectionist. But when Richard died the little things didn’t matter any more, she stopped caring. Her grief meant she wasn’t bothered by Berta moving in her own family, heck she probably even enjoyed the company, I didn’t find it shocking.

With GG, the viewers will always want more no matter how it ends. I’m not fussed that Rory didn’t get her happy ending, she’s got a new path to take. As for Logan, if he truly loved Rory he wouldn’t still be engaged to the French woman.

• November 27, 2016 at 5:48 am

Overall I think the revival was solid.

Lorelai’s plot was good, though I did feel some of the old Luke/Lorelei chemistry was missing. That ending damn well made up for it though.

Emily’s plot was great, she grew and changed the most, but still gave us those classic Emily moments.

Rory’s plot was the most uneven. The Life and Death Birgade scene was so much fun, it was a highlight for me. But her affair with Logan just seemed SO out of character and the revival never really took the time to convince us that it would have happened.

Criticism: The revival spent too much time cramming in guest stars from other work (bunheads, parenthood). None of those inclusions felt justified. I’d could have done without SandeeSays or the therapist who barely spoke and never helped. The musical was the WORST. It was populated with non-stars-hollow characters we didn’t know! I would have preferred a Hep Alien concert.

It also irked me when the revival ignored S7 developments (Christopher’s financial freedom, Rory turning Logan down, Zach landing a sweet touring gig), despite the creators vowing not to.

The final four words felt fitting as part of the story and the world, but what they didn’t feel was FINAL.

• November 27, 2016 at 6:39 am

I almost forgot!!!

What I wish there was more of (and what I hope we see more of if there is another installment):

During the episode where Rory tells Lorelai about her plans for a book, Lorelai drops too dark pieces of information about her and Rory’s past:
      -She once left Rory in a bucket at a hardware store
      -Emily called Rory “Susan” until she was two

The first tidbit brought a hard stop to my vision of the perfect upbringing Lorelai provided Rory, and was a harsh reminder that Lorelai wasn’t always superwoman, sometimes she was just a teen mom.

The second tidbit, was news to Rory, and made me strongly recalled an early season when Lorelai says to Rory “You only know the warm and fuzzy Richard and Emily, and that’s all I want you yo know.”

Because Rory is an adult now, and if she is going to write this book, she is going to need to learn the uncensored version of life before Gilmore dinners. I wish the revival had focused more on THAT. And i hope we get another installment that does.

• November 27, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Rory did get to experience the no excuse, high expectations of the Gilmore household when she lived with her grandparents.

• November 27, 2016 at 7:04 am

Just finished fall! I watched 1 season per day… slowly, I got up at 4 a.m., made coffee, and watched when I knew there would be no interruptions. Just me, coffee, my Christmas tree lit up, and the Gilmore Girls! It seems so surreal to be back in Stars Hollow!! I can’t explain it! I believe Amy and Dan did the best possible job fitting so much into this reboot!! If no questions were left unanswered, it would feel too final. I love the way it all ended! The reunion is complete, Rich, now that you are back! I missed you! You are the one who kept us connected to GG when there was no reboot even in the picture … I believe that’s why it happened! That takes talent! You are our GG touchstone… please don’t leave!

• November 28, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Calil – in case you didn’t see my lazy bulk reply: thank you.

• November 27, 2016 at 8:43 am

Spoilers: Overall I loved it. There were a few things I maybe didn’t completely love though. I found the surrogacy part weird and it just felt like a way to bring Paris in, but they had plenty of opportunities to bring her character back, so why this? I totally get that Emily got in Lorelai’s head about the kid thing, but I felt that conversation with Luke at the diner was enough, they didn’t need to take it further.
    I felt quite sad that the Inn wasn’t the dream that Lorelai and Sookie had wanted for so long. Also yeah why was Sookie speaking with a different voice? It was nice she was a part of it in the end though.
    Now Rory. I love the girl, which is why I feel a little sad for her. She’s always been so ambitious and I truly hoped she’d have some successful career, so it was quite sad to see her so lost. Out of interest, are Team Logan happy? Because although he featured the most, I felt out of the 3 guys his character was the most disappointing. Yeah he was very Logan, but engaged yet still having a thing with Rory? That was my biggest disappointment for Rory, she deserves better than that. However, these episodes have convinced me further that Logan really is the ‘Christopher’ and that he’s not the guy for her. Which brings me to Jess. Yes I was already Team Jess, but man I can’t tell you how much I love him and Rory together. Again when she was lost, who helped her? Jess! He told her to write that book, he put her on the right path and the way he looked at her…. I just think they’re the right match, I really do.
    Anyway, overall I loved the whole 4 episodes. I loved the simple things like the town meetings and the food festival, the new film by Kirk and Hep Alien. I thought all the Richard stuff was done incredibly well and it was interesting to see how they were all coping with it. I liked that Emily seemed to have a better relationship with Luke too.
    The only 2 things I didn’t like we’re the surrogacy thing and I felt the musical went on for too long, but these are just very small things. Overall I’m happy, but still left wanting more!!!!

• November 27, 2016 at 4:20 pm

I agree with you A LOT. My one qualm would be, with the Richard stuff I was disapointed not to see more written in for Rory. The actress did the best with what she was given, but the Rory/Richard relationship was so special I wish she’d done more of her own tribute. Writing at his desk was the closest she came.

Wasn’t Paris’s ambition to be a surgeon? So odd that she, with the focus of a laser, would have switched goals. I wonder if the surogacy clinic was written in to give us another possibility for the father of Rory’s baby. Could she have decided to go it alone? Maybe she dosen’t have a stable career, but she’s 32, and her mom managed at 16. Perhaps she chose single motherhood.

• November 27, 2016 at 9:43 am

Oh and I just want to add, while I feel some sadness or disappointment for some of the characters, I’d like to stress that this doesn’t mean I thought it was written or done badly. I thought it was great actually and sometimes, as we all know, life doesn’t always go how we think it might. So it was realistic to have these things happen.

• November 27, 2016 at 4:25 pm

I loved Winter. It was a reminder of why I fell in love with Gilmore the 1st time.
    The Paul character is perfect. Everyone forgetting him was classic Gilmore and showed how Luke has become one of the girls he loves l. I must say my world was made perfect seeing Luke & Lorelei together. I just have Summer and Fall to go.
    With a lot of people cancelling cable, a Gilmore return to TV would be great!

• November 28, 2016 at 7:45 am

j’ai vue les 4 épisodes. j’ai trouver cela super mais j’ai été déçu par certaines choses.
    – rory : j’aurais aimer quelle trouve un emploi quelle rêve temps et avec un petit ami quelle aime. vu qu’elle est enceinte je pencherais que jess va revenir car lui il aime encore comme le 1er jour, il n’a pas cesse de l’aimer et il ne la pas oublier.
    – jess : je pensais qu’il allais encore se lancer à l’eau et l’embrasser et lui dire qu’il aime toujours.
    – paul : j’adore le personnage elle doit rompre avec lui mais n’arrive pas a le dire à un moment ou a un autre c’est lui qui lui dis.

Pour moi l’histoire de gilmore girl c’est pas fini il nous manque d’autre détaille comme avec qui va se mettre rory ? va-elle garder le bébé? qui est le père? Logan va-t-il se marier? jess va t-il prendre les devant? est ce que elle va rester a la gazette ou faire autre chose? son livre la t-elle publier? la réaction de ses proche en le lisant? et plein d’autres encore ….
    En tout cas moi je veux une suite c’est du gâchis de terminer ainsi avec ses mots “maman, je suis enceinte”

• November 28, 2016 at 9:46 am

Je suis d’accord avec vous sauf sur Jess mdr petite préférence pour logan mais jess a beaucoup évolué positivement .Mais d’accord avec vous sur la fin cela nous laisse un goût amer

• November 28, 2016 at 9:43 am

I still find the end damage if it is really the last of the last more soot I think we deserved a better end. Because at least the season 7 even if I was disappointed that rory marries not logan it is true she was young so it is explained. Then yes it is true the fact that rory is the “mistress” of logan is not chouet but one as much as the other are crazy of love and I think that rory is really the only woman he liked .Otherwise I asked myself if he was not waiting for her to tell him not married not odette I love you and you know that you love me because he did say it is the dynasty who wants it he Not told me. Jess that for certain person is the best party for rory, it is true I had a little trouble at the beginning with him the I is discovered more mature more posed the worry is that rory sees that in simple Friend because his heart belongs to another and I think forever. It is nevertheless incoherent with the season 7 where logan had taken its independence via his family it left precisely to san francisco to launch itself and the most trace. The musical unnecessary for me. Paris irristibly funny and I think her scene where she puts a kick in the toilet door is cult like kirk incredibly fun. One of my favorite and most touching scene is those with the brigade to life to death. The spy has gone virtually unnoticed and I also find the laurelai marriage deserved to be treated a little better. I read That Amy would have said that she did not write to please the fans if it is true I find it damaging. So I hope wholeheartedly as Scott synonymous a suite why not every 1 year

• November 28, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Andreza, THANK YOU for finding our missing Drella (the harpist from season one) at just over 24 minutes into Winter. She’s playing the harp in the background of the Dragonfly but Lorelai and Michel walk by without a glance. Two points to you and boy, are you in the right place. Also DRELLAAAAAAAAAAA because Streetcar.

Di, I assumed Melissa’s voice was low because she was a little sick – like Lauren in a couple of scenes too, sounded a little stuffy.

Barb & Wendy and anyone who assumes it’s Logan’s – what about the Wookie? And the Life and Death music video was a Beatles homage, right? Appropriate with all the mannequinning going on right now. I was more surprised that Rory lied to Lorelai about staying with Logan in London, than admitting she’d slept with a stranger. But that’s still a weird thing to tell your mom. So who is the Wookie?

Court, yes that’s what I was thinking? They’re the Winchester boys, right? Or is it a Scooby Doo thing? Oh, I see it’s an actual house in San Jose. Shame on me, I missed a Gilmore Girls season one reference too :) Two points to you.

Kelly, stop reading my mind. I hiccuped with Paris working in a surrogacy office too. When she first appears she says she didn’t really do the case liaison thing any more which begs the question: what is her actual job? Since she has a brass name plate and fires the Smith grad she likely runs the place – maybe created the business. And if she did, that’s surely one possible reaction to the rocky relationship with her parents. With that driving her, you can kind of imagine her figuring out that what she wants is to build families: to give babies to people who want to love them. Also I’m sure it’s fairly lucrative.

Calil, my friend. I owe you a drink.

Ashley, I don’t know that they did throw away season 7, it’s just been 10 years. Christopher still says he has more money than he knows what to do with and 10 years leaves plenty of time for Logan’s ego to recover… I can certainly see Finn being his puckish self and putting them back in touch.

Quesnoy et Fabie, si je pouvais avoir une scène de plus, je voudrais voir Jess et Rory au mariage, quelques heures après les derniers mots! Also, did you watch it in French? I’m guessing they haven’t dubbed it yet?

• November 28, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Good evening if it was translated the next day, I think that rory does not confess to lauren for logan because she knows she does not carry it in her heart, and what do you want to hear by seeing rory and jess a few hours after the wedding? I use translate lol if I do not practically not 1 word lol so the translation is approximative

• November 28, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Of the three boys, it’s only Jess who’s going to be at the wedding. Surely he’d ask Rory for a dance?

• November 28, 2016 at 3:04 pm

To ok ok it is quite possible because I do not denigrate the fact that it is a true friend despite their past history. I tell you good night it is really nice to exchange courtesy even when we have divergent opinions

• November 28, 2016 at 8:07 pm

You all suck. This thread is clearly marked “spoilers for winter only”.

What is wrong with you people?

• Pingback: Don’t Worry Everyone, We Found Drella – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• December 4, 2016 at 7:45 am

I love how full circle it is. But I think the whole point should be that rory learns from her mother’s journey and tells logan. I know if he knew she was with his child he would forget his family obligations and he would be there for rory and their baby. They’re love is the real deal they’re just letting petty stuff in the way. I don’t agree that logan is Christopher. Lorelai and Christophers relationship was different. At least from my point of view. I know it was Dan pallidino’s intention for rory to repeat her mother’s life. But as woman who has learned from her mother’s mistakes In her own life I imagine rory does the same and tells logan, bc It’s vey apparent to me that he’s the father. And they live happily ever after as a whole family!