Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life Viewing Party

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Netflix at 12:01am PST on November 25th, 2016. I will be hosting a LIVE and GLOBAL viewing party starting at 6am PST (6 hours after release). Together we will watch all four episodes of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, spacing out time in between to discuss each episode and be social. I’ll even be swapping out my snacks each Season, just like in my Viewing Party Guide. There will be some live discussion on the Facebook event as well, but this will be easier to follow along with.

41 thoughts on “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life Viewing Party

• November 25, 2016 at 6:19 am

One down…onto two. They are not long enough and there won’t be enough agh!!!😳

• November 25, 2016 at 8:13 am

That’s what i feel too, there should have been 8 episodes atlas. And Richard…

• November 25, 2016 at 6:37 am

Kirk and his öööber business! lmao

• November 25, 2016 at 6:40 am

you know the part where rory meets lorelai at the gazebo? lauren graham was totally tearing up when she said “I’ve missed you, kid.”

• November 25, 2016 at 6:42 am

You guys can also comment within the live blogging. It creates threads per discussions!

• November 25, 2016 at 6:42 am

Sun is setting here in Denmark so I am almost through Spring-episode. Already looking forward to re-watching during the weekend :-)

Enjoy, all of you, where ever you are watching!
    PS: Kirk is even more adorable than he was back in the ‘old days’!

• November 25, 2016 at 6:46 am

They CAN NOT let that be the end!!!

• November 25, 2016 at 8:29 am

Me too! We’re those really the infamous four last words??

• November 25, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Totally agreed! I want more of the Gilmore Girls asap!

• November 25, 2016 at 6:52 am

finished watching the whole thing almost an hour ago.
    I. am. very. confused.

• November 25, 2016 at 7:09 am

The Life and Death Brigade was epic. And sadness. And in the end, there is no happy ending. Damn Rory and Logan :(

• November 25, 2016 at 9:23 am

I know! I am so disappointed and disgusted. I knew once she talked to Christopher that this was the end. So ticked.

• November 26, 2016 at 6:32 am

So after watching all 4 and thinking about her visit to Christopher I got the point regarding her last 4 words. Not thinking about her Mom and Chris but her own situation

• November 25, 2016 at 7:09 am

Ugh! No “closure” with any of the guys except Dean! Not expecting the ending although I did suspect earlier but then decided no. They have to make at least one more!

• November 25, 2016 at 8:11 am

Winter was lovely I smell snow older wiser but still the same problems that never go away my sister and I and my 2 daughters hooked had a couple Shirley temples and Rorys yes they do taste pink american snacks to get us in the mood now mac and cheese and pop tarts for spring xx

• November 25, 2016 at 10:14 am

Is it normal to be all verklemp the first 20 minutes???? I’m so loving this!

• November 25, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I’m freaking out with the ending. The long stare from Jess… now what? Was anyone else surprised by how lack luster the meetings were between two characters? I mean Rory hadn’t seen some people for years and acted like she saw them last week.

• November 25, 2016 at 2:13 pm

loaded last words!!!

• November 25, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I can’t help it, but the end had left me so disappointed..and dissatisfied ,I guess my expectations were just too high 😣

• November 25, 2016 at 3:37 pm

OMG, I cried through every season!!! Feel it’s left in Limbo, not the finish I expected, but ironic!

• November 25, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Finished it a few minutes ago and I am so confused… Am I the only one disappointed by the last four words? You cannot finish the show like that! I don’t want to spoil anyone… But really, no happy ending for Rory…

• November 25, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Ok, there needs to be another episode!!! U can’t leave it like that!!!

• November 25, 2016 at 7:15 pm

This can’t be the end. It’s too cruel!

• November 25, 2016 at 8:00 pm

It’s not going to be a popular opinion, but it all was a huge disappointment for me. All of the “cameos” felt forced and had no real purpose, it all felt like a jumble of disjointed parts (I mean, what was the purpose of that musical?? Not only was it annoying, but it never went anywhere…and it took up space where I would have rather seen Rory interact with Lane or have any real interaction with anyone). There were no satisfying story lines… I didn’t need happy endings for everyone, but some sort of completeness would have been nice. And what was the point of the ending? I knew that’s what it was going to be after she talked to Christopher, but why?

All of it…what a huge let down.

• November 25, 2016 at 9:08 pm

What drugs are the Dan and Amy on? Wow. Emotions……. some sad, some happy, a lot of confusion, some pretty good anger about losing 3 hours I can never get back on summer and spring. What an exhausting journey!

• November 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I’ll never get enough Gilmore girls and now baby makes three! Poor Logan but Jess would be a great dad! Bring on more ASAP please!

• November 26, 2016 at 5:14 am

I do wonder how much of it would’ve changed if she’d just told Logan she loved him. Then I do think he’d have dumped Odette. The L&DB were sad to say goodbye to her :(

• November 26, 2016 at 8:37 am

I agree I was very sad when she said goodbye to the L&DB. I think that part when they came to “rescue” her was one of my favorites of the entire series. I kept wanting her to dump the bf and tell Logan she loved him too. He dropped everything for her once and clearly he would do it again. That being said Rory needs to make better decisions I was pissed at all the cheating(especially at the age of 32 come on) . And I totally saw that ending coming once she went to see Christopher. …. ohhhh Rory. I hope they have another “series” up because this ending still left everyone hanging.

• November 26, 2016 at 6:13 am

The most AMAZING short series EVER!! So many questions, so many new stories, so many aspects coming full-circle. I laughed, I cried, I squealed, I bawled my eyes out, and then laughed again. The entire series was written in a way that would have the audience begging for more. When the actors/actresses interviewed said that it wasn’t a closing as much as an opening to keep going they were 100% correct. The final 4 words I didn’t expect. I should have, but I didn’t. Rory and Logan ending things at the B&B the way that they did..it is clear that they are in love with one another but Rory isn’t willing to ask him to stay and Logan clearly wanted her to. Mixed feelings on how that was done. Jess…while I loved the love he & Rory shared he is still a wanderer/nomadic and Rory never has been. We all watched the effect her nomadic life had on her in the short series and the conclusion she came to that it wasn’t for her; therefore, the writing of the book. Jess’s idea. The long stare through the window. So many feels this entire episode! And then the wedding, and Dean, & Emily’s move to Nantucket mixed with her leaving the DAR & loaning Lorelei money to expand The Dragonfly…how can it be OVER?!?!

• November 26, 2016 at 6:38 am

I absolutely adored being able to get more gilmore girls. But let’s face it.. we can’t get enough!! I was however disappointed by the ending. I was happy, sad,angry and very confused. As I loved it I am sitting here begging for more!! Even a spinoff may suffice. ❤❤❤

• November 26, 2016 at 8:11 am

It was very exciting. And these series was uncrediable. Full of feeling, surpreise, lovely, great. I love it, but the end… It is a karma of gilmore girls Probably

• November 26, 2016 at 9:00 am

I cried so much when Rory and Logan said goodbye. What a powerful scene! And the entire Life and Death Brigade sequence was SO beautiful! One of my favorites of the entire revival and original series.

I think if she would have told Logan she loved him he would have absolutely dumped Odette. They are clearly still in love with each other.

Hopefully there will be more episodes and we can see what they are going to do about the baby :O

• November 26, 2016 at 10:29 am

How many people were expecting it? Will there be more?
    They were supposed to be tying it all up and then…
    There has to be more – I have missed them! Xx

• November 26, 2016 at 1:31 pm

What about Michel? remember when Dean was with Lindsey and she bring lunch to the unfinished Dragonfly Michel stand there and said that the pritty little things always accrue to boys like Dean (not in those exact words)(because he could move a shelf) and now they apply that he is gay? This is wrong and it is like someone else wrote a story this time. But i love the movies and want more. Sorry for my english.

• November 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I called the final words the second I heard about them so there was no surprise there. Not happy that Rory didn’t end up with Jess again!!!!

As amazing as it was I didn’t think it really told you much of what has been happening.

I also didn’t like the ending at all. Lorelei and Luke’s wedding needed to be shown. Another season should definitely be made.

Emily was my favourite character by far!!!

• November 26, 2016 at 6:56 pm

They can’t just leave it like they did! There has to be more, how is that closure?!

• November 27, 2016 at 7:03 am

Kelly Bishop was right. AYITL is not going to please everyone. Take it for what it is a chance to catch up with some old friends. I thought Fall was the best in keeping with the original style of the show but it was all good. Every time a new character came on the screen I got all sentimental and would say their name like greeting a friend……”Looook Paris” “Aaaaaw, Sookie”. The final 4 words are full circle. Rory will do it her way. Final closure with Logan? She will tell him and let him be involved if he wants to be. Jess still loves her. Dean has moved on. Lorelai has made peace with her life and is ready to commit. Emily starts a new chapter. I would have liked to have seen more of the town but I’m happy they did what they did. And yes the musical was bizarre. Would have been way funnier if the town did the parts.

• November 27, 2016 at 9:47 am

What about the letter emily accused lorelai has written? Totally open story line. And how/ why did the info about rorys bf paul leak??? I read in summer some comments about rory having a paul as a bf?!?

• November 27, 2016 at 9:53 am

I agree about the musical, I felt it lasted way too long. Overall though I loved all 4 episodes, but like most people I want MORE!! 😀

• November 27, 2016 at 1:35 pm