Milo Says Jess is in the Same Spot Where We Left Him

Milo Ventimiglia spoke to Elle, saying when the Palladinos called him regarding the Gilmore Girls revival, he told them:

‘I’ll totally be there.’  But it’s strange to play a character that I’ve played 13 or 14 years ago.  He’s kind of the same where we left him.  We pick right back up in the same spot.

Regarding which “Team” he’s on:

I was at a Comic Con one time and somebody asked me what team I was and I said ‘you know, put that to the side… did people ever consider that if Jess is Team Rory?’  Maybe not, she broke his heart twice.  I think he’s on her side because he cares about her but everybody is dying for them to be together and it’s like it didn’t work.  Why force anything?  I don’t know, I just think people need to wait until November 25th, put away their expectations and hopefully just enjoy what we shot and what came out.

milo-talks-to-elle-part-ii-15nov2016

When asked what he wished to happen for Jess in the revival, he said he had no expectations and thought it would just be fun:

Speak some words, see some great friends of mine.  I’m just going to enjoy it.  I think there are a lot of fans that … the second show ended and their minds kept wandering down the ‘what if’ path.  My job was over, I stopped.  I stopped worrying about where these people were or wondering where these people were.  Stories end, the stories end.

7 thoughts on “Milo Says Jess is in the Same Spot Where We Left Him

• November 15, 2016 at 10:01 am

If this is true I’m already disappointed. A 32 years old guy shouldn’t be at the same spot as 21.
    About Rory, I think it’s pretty clear that Jess isn’t her endgame.

• November 15, 2016 at 12:34 pm

I don’t know, Lisa. The last time we saw Jess he was a published author and part of a publishing house with his friends. He loved what he was doing, so I think it would be great for him to still be doing the same thing if that is what he was passionate about. I remember Rory being so attracted to Jess because he was happy and fulfilled. He was doing what he wanted to do, and she was still trying to find herself. I think Jess is going to help Rory find her way. Whether that is into his arms is yet to be seen, but I sure do hope so!

• November 16, 2016 at 10:03 am

I think Jess will help Rory with her career, not in love therms. Milo almost said with all the words: It didn’t work. What else should we read from this? Isn’t Jess. Let’s accept this. Even if he was shown as a sucessful guy, time demand evolution. Being in “the same” spot is disappointing.

• November 15, 2016 at 10:15 am

I loved reading this. I think with him saying he’s in the same spot must be his still writing which isn’t a bad thing cause that’s where we left him writing and opening his publishing store.

I gotta say I loved what he said about the Team question. Everyone’s gonna have their team they love and even I do but I gotta say when I thought more about it and saw the trailer I went “I’m team Rory” I think I’d love to see her end up single and finding herself and in her place because we see she seems so lost. Also gotta say him saying he’s Team Rory and cares for her made me smile a bit because no matter what he gets Jess cares for Rory which I thought was sweet.

I think I’ll have to live by more of what he said I was getting so nervous and excited over wants to come with all the characters after such a long wait I gotta just put my expectations or hopes I’ve had for years aside and just enjoy it. :)

• November 15, 2016 at 10:35 am

Some also seem to forget milo is NOT going to reveal anything that is to come in this revival. He is sworn to secrecy the whole cast is. He has said many times before he is Not going to ruin it for the fans by telling then what happens. That ruins the magic for the fans seeing it for themselves I did when asked Milo always refers to the original series and talks about that happened back then. He WILL NOT reveal anything before November 25th. I agree people should expectations and just enjoy what happens and that we get to experience these characters lives once again. And also when Milo said Jess is in the same place he was. I wouldn’t take it that way cuz I have a feeling he meant he is still writing & has become a mature decent young man. Maybe they don’t end up together but at least he still cares for Rory & I can live with that.

• November 15, 2016 at 12:23 pm

That what I took from it also. I think he meant he’s still writing and working for a publishing house – not still living in a cramped apartment with 4 other guys.

• November 16, 2016 at 1:44 am

I think Jess and Rory are just great friends. A loving relationship where friendship remained. Lorelai will be with Luke from what we saw in the trailer, it would be nice for Rory to have someone as well, she does not need a man to be happy, but it would be a lonely lonely work life.