Rory Pregnancy Rumors: My Thoughts

I’ve addressed some rumours before, particularly with reference to the apple image that Netflix released, although at the time people thought the rumours pointed to Lorelai being pregnant. The latest rumour has Rory pregnant. Initially I wasn’t going to address it. As I noted on my Facebook page, several of the Gilmore Girls actors I’ve interviewed have mentioned the wild theories about Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life being incorrect; Jackson Douglas even mentioned intentional ‘red herring’ scenes shot to throw off fans. For this reason, I do not believe that Netflix would intentionally blow a major plot line, like Rory being pregnant. But the comments on my page exploded, so I guess we need to talk about it!

So, let’s run through it.

The latest Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life theory has Rory pregnant with Logan as the father. They are basing this on two images that are below, one which includes an apple (which Lorelai ate when she was pregnant) and one which may or may not have a stroller blurred in the little pocket mirror reflection.

The Apple

I tend to disagree with the apple theory, as I’ve talked about before. I personally thing the whole thing harks back to the first season when Lorelai prepares a plate of Pop Tarts with an apple “garnish” for Rory and her friends before taking them to the Bangles concert. It even looks like the image used by Netflix.

Pop-Tart appetizers to hold us over 'till the pizza comes. And one apple.

A photo posted by @gilmoregirls on

The “Stroller”

If you look in the reflection of the pocket mirror, you could interpret the circles as wheels and the upper part as a stroller with a blanket on top. Or you could interpret it as clothes hanging in a closet with some shoe boxes below, distorted by distance to look like circular wheels.

Because Dirty Whore was taken.

A photo posted by @gilmoregirls on

Could Logan Be the Father?

As for Logan being the father, there is ample evidence that Matt Czuchry was more involved in the revival than any of Rory’s other past suitors, and if we are going to see Rory pregnant, I think it would make sense for us to have resolved the dating part long before this appears. Alexis Bledel has stated that we will “get closer” for all the love interests within the span of the revival. We also know that Rory begins her story arc “dating” casually and early casting notices penned one role as a possible love interest (in my opinion): a “30-something Paul” described as “a good boyfriend” who only appears in the first episode.

So, if there is a Rory pregnancy, I would suggest it likely to appear in the very last episode and that Logan would, for sure, be the most likely father. It could be a nice way to tie into a future revival of Gilmore Girls, if it ever does return again.

My Final Thoughts

Although part of me likes the Rory-is-pregnant story idea, I am not optimistic that it will happen. I think that we’re pushing it, in the timeline of the revival, to include such a major plot point and that it may be contrary to the “feminist” angle that has always been a part of the show. I don’t feel like it would be the way Amy would “tie up” loose ends. But, I could be wrong!

Am I ruling it out? No.
Do I think it’s possible? Yes
Do I think it likely that Netflix leaked this information? No. Absolutely not.

I don’t think Netflix would go to the trouble to clamp down on spoilers during filming, to enforce strict policies on who saw the scripts and how long they were kept, or that they would film red herring scenes if they were going to “accidentally” drop a major plot point in their very carefully crafted social media promotions.

47 thoughts on “Rory Pregnancy Rumors: My Thoughts

• October 17, 2016 at 1:30 pm

We actually don’t know Matt Czuchry was far more involved. He just said he’d read all the scripts. But he could just be seen in a single short scene in each one for all we know. As far as I can tell, he spent most of his time with the life and death brigade. Frankly, if Rory gets beck with Logan it will be an utter travesty! They were horrible together! And nothing will ever convince me otherwise!

No-one is getting pregnant! The so-called clues are just riddiculous! I recently re-watched the whole series and the way ASP wrote the show – to me- I just can’t see her ending the show with Rory and Logan. For me, its Jess or single!

#TeamJess

• October 17, 2016 at 2:35 pm

If you look at the credited actors, Logan is credited as being in all four episodes. Dean is credited as being in one, and Jess is credited as being in three episodes.

(Sorry, I didn’t want to try to spell actors’ names. Who knew that all of her love interests were played by people with unique, difficult to spell names???)

• October 17, 2016 at 3:59 pm

It wouldn’t make sense to involve the Life and Death Brigade if Logan wasn’t a prominent part of the story line. Sorry, Team Jess.

• October 17, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Go Jess. But after rewatching it for the X time I cinder of felt for Logan. Maby he will be a stay-at-home dad, and Rory be the worker. But still Jess is number 1, allways !!

• October 18, 2016 at 2:32 am

Actually we do. We know Milo worked about 4 days on the revival. From what we’ve seen on social media, the Life and Death Brigade alone filmed that long. And Logan has scenes with his father too. Which means he must have scenes that connect he, Rory, the Life and Death Brigade and his father. Its tough to see on a closed set what the actors are up to.

Rory and Logan were the most functional relationship on the show. And Rory did reject Jess for Logan already. There is so much dialogue between characters about Rory and Logan possibly getting married too. Jess only appeared in 2 episodes in the last 2 seasons, he wasn’t going to be a regular in 7. If ASP was determined to have a Jess and Rory endgame she would have contracted Milo to ensure it.

• October 31, 2016 at 10:33 pm

I doubt it. Watch it again.

• October 31, 2016 at 10:34 pm

I doubt it. I recommend you watch it again.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:21 am

ACTUALLY WE DO KNOW HE WAS IN ALL 4 EPS AND jESS AND DEAN IN 1

• November 26, 2016 at 9:39 am

Thank you!!! Even though Logan is engaged.

• October 17, 2016 at 2:15 pm

I agree with Catherine completely this is all speculation. No one knows any facts and I’m 100% sure ASP doesn’t want any huge spoilers released at all. I don’t know how we have any evidence that Matt was more involved in the revival or not
    Jared filmed for 1 day & one scene in dooseys market
    Milo started filming in February 8th or 10th & finished filming April 18th
    Matt was NOT on the set til April. Matt was still filming the good wife and he flew back at forth and I have NO clue how many days he filmed the LDB stuff and Matt’s scenes were all filmed last and out of order cuz of Matt’s availability. That’s all I know. We Have absolutely No facts or any clues on what the storylines are going to be & I think ASP wants it that way. Plus if Red herring scenes were shot to avoid leaks & throw fans off then how do we not know these “spoilers” only exist to throw us off? We will only know the truth November 25th.

• October 17, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I think that Rory could be pregnant, and I don’t really care who the father is, and I don’t think the pregnancy is a focal point of the revival. Instead, it is the cliff hanger. It makes up the ending that the cast has been talking–the one that resolves it but doesn’t all at the same time. I don’t think we’ll ever find out unless there are additional episodes. I think the last four words are:

Lorelei to Rory: “Are you . . . .”
    Rory interrupts: “Pregnant? Maybe.”

It’s kind of a neat full circle if it’s done that way.

As to the photos, the pop tarts and apple is a callback to the season 1 episode where they see the Bengals. That was my favorite Paris episode of season 1. She had some fun and unexpected lines while watching the concert.

I think that the photo with the Vicious Trollop is more of a reference to Emily Gilmore than Lorelei. And I could be incorrect, but I do not believe the room is in Lorelei’s house. The furniture is more Emily’s style. I know that Luke furnished his and Lorelei’r room when they lived together, with his grandmother’s antique furniture that looked like that, with all the angles and cherubs, but I’m almost certain they got rid of it. Especially after she and Luke broke up. I can’t imagine it would be in her room again. She really hated the stuff. I think people are reading too much into it.

Just my thoughts.

• October 17, 2016 at 3:03 pm

It is Lorelai’s bedroom and it is the furniture is that ugly stuff that was Luke’s Grandmother’s. Watch Ep 6.09 and compare. You’ll see it.

I’m not sure why Netflix chose to use that as the background, but they did.

• October 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm

** I don’t think we’ll ever find out who the father is unless there are additional episodes.

• October 17, 2016 at 2:59 pm

“Do I think it likely that Netflix leaked this information? No. Absolutely not. ”

Exactly. They wouldn’t troll the audience.

Also, it appears that the images Netflix puts together are composites of items shot (e.g., Pop Tarts and coffee cup with the logo) on a background of scenes from the original series. Notice that the kitchen in the Pop Tart image is very clearly from the original show and does not look like the updated kitchen we see in the leaked set photos (unless, of course, a kitchen remodel is part of a GG:AYITL plot) and the bedroom scene is furniture we have only seen in one episode of the original show. It’s possible that the reflection in the toaster is purely unintentional, just an artifact of where they shot the items in the foreground.

• October 17, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Either way, and from the bottom of my heart:

#TeamJess

• October 17, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Season 1 Episode 6 Lorelai is cutting & eating an apple from the kitchen table while on the phone with Emily when they make plans to shop for Rorys bday. This as well as when they go see the Bangles and Lorelai gives the girls pop tarts and an apple nixes the pregnancy thing in my book. The only episode where apples were forbidden fruit was when Sookie had baby #2 and Lorelai had unprotected sex and was freaking out. I think people are OVER THINKING things!

• October 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I’m certain the apple picture is a reference to the Bangles episode as that’s exactly how Lorelai put the pop tarts and apple on the plate.

As for the second picture, the ‘vicious trollop’ lipstick was from the episode where Lorelai and Emily went to the spa together in season 2. I may be wrong, but remember how much Emily loved the bathrobes? Well maybe that’s what’s in the reflection of the mirror? I don’t know though, I’m just guessing like everyone else….

One thing for sure though is I’m 100% #TeamJess so I’m not keen on the idea of Rory being pregnant and Logan being the father. We’ll just have to wait and see though.

• October 17, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I’m sorry I would like to see roxy and Logan back together.

• October 17, 2016 at 7:37 pm

#teamlogan!!!! Pregnant or not- total equals. Brains, both good looking, as Emily put it, “they both come from money”. Rory liked the things her mom didn’t- her coming out, Chilton, Yale, etc. But, she still did things her way, like her mom. Cannot wait for the revival!!!

• October 17, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Think about Rory as a “person”…. Yeah, yeah, I know she’s not… It’s a thought experiment…
    THAT Rory could only end up/be happy/content/challenged by Logan.
    She out grew Dean. He’s a small town boy. And Jess is the perennial ” bad boy” — we all have one. But he’s a “step out side yourself guy”.
    Logan is the only one with the experience/world view/fortitude to accept Rory for precisely who she is/must be.

• October 18, 2016 at 4:48 am

This is all pretty much in response to commentor Nicola:

We don’t know how long the LDB shot for. All we know is, these scenes were composed of some spectacular dance rutine that took a few days to shoot, and that the actors in these scene were seeking attention on social media and posted Instagram photos for days. It doens’t mean it took days to shoot – just that they spent a few days uploading the pictures.

And the LBD was also an important part of Rory’s life, not just Logan’s. There’s supposed to be an emotional R/L scene and the LBD event is the stage for it, but it could go either way (proposal or goodbye).

And so was Mitchum. I think Logan might be a part of Rory’s business life, not necessarily her romantic one.

Oh, and according to ASP a few years ago, she asked Milo back for season 7 but he was doing Heroes. We never did get Amy’s season 7, you know. You can’t base anything on the “half baked” season 7 we had. The way ASP built Jess’s character was meant for him to come back into Rory’s life, eventually. I don’t know how the show will end but I really don’t think it should be with Rory and Logan together. I’d rather see her single.

• October 18, 2016 at 10:56 am

Amy was never contracted for Season 7. She may have wanted him to guest star but we didn’t lock the actor down when she could. He didn’t appear the entirity of Season 5, and he wasn’t doing Heroes then.

We know Tanc was filming days because he told the Guardian newspaper in the UK:

‘“In the end I was doing night shoots on Gilmore Girls and then wrapping and going straight from Gilmore Girls to Roadies,” he said.

“I did a 52-hour shift and I don’t drink caffeine, nor do I do drugs, so the make-up artist did a great job, and the cinematographers were really good with lighting.”

One scene on Gilmore Girls was particularly difficult and required a lot from the exhausted actor.

“My very last scene required a lot of dexterity and it involved a lot of things happening, and I did feel quite punch-drunk at that stage,” he said. “But it was good.”’

I presume these are the same night shoots as the interview with Matt we saw a few weeks back. As you say, the Life and Death Brigade have a huge scene in fall. Why have a huge showcase scene that is pretty much irrelevant to the plot? Also we need to remember Tanc said that between GG and Roadies he’d learned piano, tango and golf. I don’t think he golfed in Roadies so that may be another of his scenes.

Stan Zimmerman was on set for part of that filming at least. He said it was ‘sexy’, so I think we have to assume Logan has romantic part in Rory’s story. Sam Pancake said on this very site that based on what he knew he would choose Team Logan but that he wanted Milo for himself!

I very much doubt Rory kept in touch with Finn and Colin after college. They are Logan’s friends, they will appear through Logan.

We know that the Life and Death Brigade scene doesn’t feature a goodbye because the actor who plays Robert says he doesn’t know how Rory/Logan ends. He’s in that scene.

• October 18, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I thought the actor who plays Robert doesn’t know how it ends because he didn’t want to read the script to find out how it ended.

• October 18, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Yes, that’s correct. They are also not given full scripts.

• October 21, 2016 at 10:45 am

Yes but if he was in the scene where Rory said to Logan it wasn’t going to happen he would have no choice. So we must imply that the Life and Death scene is not Rory and Logan’s last.

• October 18, 2016 at 7:56 am

I really hope Rory and Logan don’t end up together! I doubt it though because in an interview a few years ago before they were even talking about the revival Amy said she was team Jess, and unless her husband isn’t I think Rory is probably going to end up with Jess. But I know she isn’t going to be with Dean so that’s good. As for the pregnancy rumors I don’t think those are true Rory knows what she’s doing, she’s organized and is not going to let something like that happen unless she wants it to. And for that matter anyone could be pregnant April, Lorelai, Liz, Lulu, Lane, etc.
    In the end I will always be team Jess sorry Logan

#TeamJess

• October 18, 2016 at 10:02 am

Yeah but in March 2015 (aka last year) she gave an interview to MTV where she said she was “Team Rory”. She stated that Jess and Rory seemed OTP but that he was a terrible boyfriend. Rory couldn’t fix him and he was emotionally unavailable. He had growing up to do (which in fairness he did)

In terms of Logan ASP found him endearing and really liked him. All in all she said that the 3 guys were all the right boyfriends at the right time and that with each of them you can either say, “Never again,” or “I shouldn’t have let them go.”

Sounds to me like she may have envisioned a certain path for Rory but as characters develop and you continue writing for them you see them going in a different direction. It’s possible that she brought in Logan to simply stir the pot and create tension between mother and daughter but then Matt was just a phenomenal actor and had great chemistry with Alexis and the more she thought about it the more she felt Logan could be a good fit, flawed, but good. This happens all the time. Logan Echols was supposed to be the murderer in season 1 of Veronica Mars but the scenes Rob Thomas wrote for Veronica and Logan were so good he became her OTP.

I’m not saying Jess can’t be end game. After all, ASP has stated that the romance aspect in the revival is for the “fans” and by my count there are only like 5 GG fans that want Logan with Rory, (full disclosure: I’m one of them). Jess has matured, as we saw in season 6, so maybe he is end-game. Maybe right in the middle of Logan’s 2nd Proposal in the last minutes of “Fall” she pulls a Sweet Home Alabama and leaves to go find Jess near a swamp to profess her love, but to suggest that he is end-game just because of something ASP said eons ago isn’t really fair.

Link: http://www.mtv.com/news/2179442/gilmore-girls-creator-rory-boyfriends/

• October 18, 2016 at 8:35 am

I don’t believe the pregnancy rumors either. It seems like a lot for Rory to start out a couch surfer without any roots to being pregnant and settled within a year.

Regarding Jess and Logan’s roles in the revival, Milo said he’s still the rebel who kicks up some dirt that allows other characters along in life. Couple that with he only shot for 4 days and my conclusion is that his role is to convince Luke and Lorelei to get their heads out of the sand and finally get married. I don’t know if anyone has been on a set before but 4 days does not give a character enough time for a real story arc. It sometimes takes half a day to shoot 2 scenes, with setup, lighting, etc. and if he is in 3 episodes that’s a lot of set changes and not enough time to have a real presence in each of the episodes. And I’m guessing a lot of his shooting was with Luke.

In terms of his relationship with Rory, I always felt it was the secondary storyline for him. ASP once said that Jess was brought in, specifically, to create tension and conflict between Luke and Lorelei. That he had great chemistry with Alexis was probably a bonus. I think Jess was the right boyfriend for the right time in her life but she outgrew him. That’s not to say he wouldn’t have been a great match for her long-term but in the end, when she had the option to go back to Jess in season 6 she couldn’t do it because she was in love with Logan. She admitted that she couldn’t help it but that’s love. You don’t get to choose who you fall in love with. No one can deny that Logan got under her skin from day 1 and she was was happy with him. Besides, in season 6 ASP dropped hints that Logan was it for Rory. During their trip to Martha’s Vineyard, Rory felt that Logan could be the “one”. In season 7, (granted ASP wasn’t involved in the writing but David Rosenthal did consult her a ton) he gave her a rocket as a symbolic gesture to tell her what they had was true love. She asked if Logan belonged to her, and when Logan asked if she belonged to him, she said yes. During the hay bale maze, Logan didn’t pull Rory to go left, Rory pulled Logan to go right, meaning he would follow her, not the other way around. Finally, and I think this is the most important thing to note, Logan really loved Stars Hollow. The significance of that can not be underestimated. Stars Hollow is a huge part of Rory’s identity and anyone who ends up with Rory has to love the town just as much as she does. Jess never did like Stars Hollow. He always wanted to leave. With Rory coming off of being a nomad for years I bet the only thing she wants is to stay put somewhere, most likely close to her mom. Logan, would do that for her.

I’m not going to get into the details as to why I think Logan is a better fit but suffice it to say, the only really truly meaningful relationship she had was with Logan. It would be beyond cruel to bring Logan back into the fold to deny him for a second time, especially since she did want to marry him, just not yet. (Totally out of character for him to be all or nothing but I think they had to do that so that Rory and Lorelei ended up together in rushed series finale). Why bring him back for her to say, “nah”. Logan’s is really the only storyline that didn’t have closure.

• October 18, 2016 at 11:05 am

Agreed. Logan/Rory’s issue was the timing of the proposal. And timing is the easiest thing to fix. Rory will need to re-examine all the reasons she said no back then and see if those reasons still stand now.

• October 18, 2016 at 1:08 pm

There are other hints as well: In “We’ve Got Us a Pippi Virgin” Luke tells Lorelai that Rory deserves a real prince, and not one waiting for a brother to die. The next episode we find out that Logan is the heir to the Huntzberger empire. When Logan takes Rory to dinner at his family’s house, he even tells her that Josh isn’t marrying the heir to the Huntzberger fortune but she is. Not sure why else ASP would write that line if it wasn’t at least a possibility.

• October 18, 2016 at 11:00 am

I am literally LOLing at some of these #teamjess comments. Y’all are really reaching for your ship. I get it, it’s hard to let go when you’re attached, I am guilty of it myself. But to respond to Catherine, it will not be an “utter travesty” if Rory chooses Logan in the end, if you’re basing your enjoyment of the revival entirely on who Rory’s endgame is… that’s just… selling the show and the characters short. Milo himself said to watch the show without any shipping expectations.

Here’s my personal opinion/speculation:
    I think if we’re heading for a triangle in the revival it will more likely be Logan/Rory/Single than anything romantic with Jess.

We know that Milo filmed for 4 days and that his scenes are with Scott, Alexis and Sean. We know that Milo is surprised at where the Jess character ended up in S6 and where we find him again in the revival. We also know that Milo doesn’t think Jess is the final stop for Rory (GGuys podcast) and that he doesn’t think Jess would be on #teamRory (comic-con panel). We know that Jess is in Stars Hollow to “push the ball forward” for Luke and maybe Rory in some respect. I’m thinking career and not necessarily her love life.

We know Matt filmed for at least 5 days (I’m thinking it’s more) and that he’s read all four scripts. He’s been less available to press for interviews, why? Did he have to sign a very specific non-disclosure agreement? He was the first of the boys to be confirmed. In fact he was announced right after the core four (Lauren, Alexis, Emily and Luke). Why? My thought is ASP approached him first when negotiations started because she knew she needed Matt in order to tell her story. If he didn’t come back she would have to rewrite Rory’s romantic arc whereas with Milo and Jared she could work around their availability (Jared filming for 1 day, Milo working on his pilot).

• October 18, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Milo didn’t shoot with Lauren Graham? Wow I didn’t know that. Yeah, that’s a bit suspicious, right? According to IMDb Matt is listed in all 4 episodes so it would be natural that he read all 4 scrips. I suspect Milo read all 4 scripts too so I don’t think that in and of itself means anything. And contrary to popular belief I don’t necessarily think Logan’s Dad popping in means anything. ASP did say that having 90 minutes for each episode will allow them to explore other characters’ stories. Logan’s biggest storyline outside Rory was his father. It would make sense that they revisit their relationship and where it stands after Logan renounced the Huntzberger path. Plus with the state of newspapers as they are, maybe the Huntzberger’s lost everything and Logan’s father has come to his son for help (I think I read somewhere, or was it from the costume video on FB, that Logan is successful.)

Honestly I just think there is literally no point in bringing Logan back for more than a Dean-esque drive by if Rory is meant to end up with Jess. Whether Jess shippers want to believe it or not Rory wasn’t undecided about marrying Logan, she was undecided about the timing of it. Two different things. 8 years have passed and Rory is tired of being on the road which indicates the timing may finally be right, so now what? The timing is right and surprise, here is Logan, in Stars Hollow, in some weird costume, finally forgoing turtlenecks, all hot, successful and (hopefully) single but no, wait, I doesn’t want Logan anymore because I still pine for you, the guy who I haven’t been in a (non-sexual) relationship with since high school and have seen twice since you just drove off into the sunset to find yourself. And yes, I must admit this this second rendezvous wasn’t an attempt to rekindle our soul burning love but rather a shrewd calculated move on my part to get back at my above mentioned now ex-boyfriend Logan, who I was still in love at the time despite all the cheating I believed occurred (THEY WERE ON A BREAK!). And I’m sorry I rejected the slick move you tried on me on this same second rendezvous even though you are a newly minted blazer wearing success story with better hair than I’ve seen in many moons. Yes, yes, you’re just a guy standing in front of a girl asking her to love you because you are finally in the right state of mind to try but sorry, it’s going to be a pass for now but don’t fret, in 8 years I’ll remember that I’ve loved you so deeply this entire time. Wait for me by the gazebo.

So Logan, I know I lived with you and told you I loved you a million times and could see myself marrying you and have stated on record that I belong to you. And I know that I have somehow managed to convince you to come to Stars Hollow with all your friends in tow in the hope of all hopes that there is still a chance for us but I’m so sorry to say this but I have to humiliate you for the second time by rejecting you in front of all of your lovely friends because I just realized in this second here that I still love Jess and he is waiting for me in the car.

I mean, it’s possible, but doubtful.

• October 19, 2016 at 7:00 am

I don’t think Milo read all four scripts. In fact I think the scripts that he did get to read were partials (meaning just his scenes). I don’t think he’s been given access to the full ones. Ausiello asked him if we can expect a triangle between Jess and Logan and he kinda brushed it off like “man, I haven’t read that far” I took that to mean he didn’t *get to* read that far. So maybe Milo doesn’t even know who Rory ends up with or if with anyone at all, he would just know that it’s not Jess since obviously he didn’t film it. But who knows…? I mean 4 days filming just doesn’t seem like a significant amount of time to convince me that it should be Jess. I’m leaning towards Logan or single.

• October 19, 2016 at 8:10 am

Gotcha. I think it just generally odd that Milo didn’t read all 4 scripts considering he is still really good friends with Amy and Dan. Perhaps he was just prepping for This is Us. I agree that 4 days is not enough time to create a well-rounded and robust triangle for viewers. I’m even wondering if he is single. What are the odds that all 3 suitors are still single 8 years later? I mean if that is how it works in Stars Hollow then maybe I should find a way to move to that fictional town where the men are all decent and unattached. LOL.

I guess we will find out in the revival. I don’t think Rory will end up single but rather agree to giving one of her suitors another chance. They’ll leave it open ended to assume they probably lived happily ever after…or not (depending on who she chooses :)

• October 19, 2016 at 10:59 am

With how guarded they are with the plot, I don’t think they were handing out scripts to just anyone. I think only the cast who are in the scene got those specific scene scripts and Nick Holmes even said that he had to give his back after the table reads. From what I understand only 4 people got early and full scripts: Lauren, Alexis, Emily and Matt. I’m kinda iffy about Scott, but he’s also a possibility. This tells me that Matt’s character must “figure heavily” or at least Logan’s story must span across all four episodes if it necessitated him reading scripts for episodes he’s not in (he’s confirmed in 2, but possibly all 4. I don’t trust IMDb since any fan can update it).

I think Milo saying things like he’s not team Rory and how Jess fans should couch their expectations and forget about who ends up with whom and just enjoy the story ASP wants to tell- Is him softening the disappointment for his fans. Also, all his talk about Jess showing up to push the ball forward I think is very heavily pointing at Luke.

And why have the LDB and Mitchum back at all? Why have Logan “figuring heavily” in the revival at all if he’s not potentially a romantic interest for Rory? I mean, that’s a big chunk of wasted screen time then. I mean it’s not like he has an uncle who is dating her mom to explain his being there, you know? Logan can only be in the revival because of Rory. Jess has other reasons for being there.

• October 22, 2016 at 10:43 am

I wish I could give you a like.

• November 2, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Ha! Me too! I love your thoughts fat_aimee and rogan. Couldn’t agree more on everything! Absolutely every single thing we’ve heard about the revival points to Rory and Logan ending up together. Finally!

• October 18, 2016 at 11:50 am

Two different things.

Firstly – I agree with you about the pregnancy. It isn’t ruled out, but it does seem unlikely for all the reasons you’ve given. It’s four double episodes and that’s not much to get there in.

Secondly – I agree with Haddy about filming times. Because of the nature of the LDB scenes, they will take ages to shoot regardless of actual scene length in any episode. However, as a number of people have commented – other evidence does suggest that Rory/Logan probably has more air time and more likelihood than Rory/Jess. We’ll see!

• October 18, 2016 at 6:02 pm

I think we can safely assume that Matt got more attention for the revival because the actors who do the LDB (especially Tanc Sade). They were the one posting more pictures, but that doesn’t mean they were there the most.
    The fact is they are more connected into social media than Alexis, for example. I just think the things we’ve heard are not enough to make any assumptions that big.
    And it’d be so weird to have Rory in that position. She was never like that; it’d be honestly OOC. I can handle Logan being her choice, but not the baby thing.

• October 22, 2016 at 10:58 am

Sometimes when I see people who are assumedly #TeamJess talking, I see a ton of delusional utopic wishes. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Jess as character but, unless to me, there’s no reason for making Jess and Rory a couple again. The last time we saw Jess on screen that was an closure for him and Rory, she didn’t love him anymore, he said he didn’t deserve that and probably moved on. Rory is not the only girl of the world. I’m almost sure Jess is on revival for Luke and he and Rory can be friends now (I hope so!), but there’s no leak to bring him back for a love matter with her anymore. The more news we know, more I’m convinced that Logan is Rory’s endgame and people rooting for Jess seems to be in a desperate denial about it, because deeply they probably know it’s more likely to happen. I’m sorry, but that’s the true, of course there’s a chance that nothing of this is true, but don’t ruin the revival’s experience for you cause of that high expectation.

Logan is a completely stars hollow’s outsider, he had no reason to come back for the revival except for Rory. Matt don’t gives any interview, he was the first to close the contract. They may not be together in the end, but definetly there’s something to talk about between them. Jess and Dean haven’t.

• October 24, 2016 at 3:06 am

Amy contacted Milo in October 2015. He said it a comic con there are video proof of it. Look it up. Milo was the first one to get contacted. Also we have absolutely NO proof Logan scenes will actually be in Stars Hollow. all the pictures we have seen so far are backstage and someone even say they were taken on the WB backlot. We have No farther information. Sure Logan might be endgame. But your facts are WRONG.

• November 2, 2016 at 9:20 am

I didn’t say Matt was the first to be contacted, you don’t know if he was contacted after or before October, but he was the first to be announced as hired from a deal, not Milo. You’re twisting my words, and he was the only one to get the 4 scripts. Matt was in Stars Hollow set at the featurette dressed with a probably LDB suit. He wil be in Stars Hollow, you can bet this.

• November 15, 2016 at 5:38 pm

#teamlogan makes for some very convincing arguments! Sorry #teamjess, I think the writing is on the wall…

• November 17, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Why does it have to be any of them? In eight years could Rory not have found someone who is not codependent (Dean), a jerk (Jess), or an egoist (Logan)? A brand new character would be better than any of those three choices. Or Team Single. Maybe we can break the perpetuated belief that people (especially women) can only lead a happy life if they have a significant other.