If you thought the preview of the first page of the Winter script for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life was exciting, just wait! The online Entertainment Weekly preview only included the one little teaser, while the magazine itself was just full of surprises!
Thanks to some friendly scanners, I can share with you a new photo that appears to be of Lorelai, Emily and Rory at the cemetery, presumably for Richard’s funeral. Given that the Winter episode opens up 3 months after the death of Richard Gilmore (following the untimely passing of Edward Herrmann), it’s quite a delayed funeral – perhaps that’s as soon as Rory could be there? I’m curious how they address that.
Also in the scan is a fantastic interview, including:
- Whether or not they re-watched old episodes to prepare for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
- The reason Lauren Graham supported a Gilmore Girls revival (because “our creator didn’t finish it”)
- Why they chose to start the revival in “Winter”
- What trigger’s Rory to re-evaluate her career
- How Lorelei’s “arrested development” affects all her relationships, both with her family and her ‘love relationship’, and it all has to do with a revelation around Richard
- The balance between having strong independent female characters and our obsessions with their love lives (great quote in there on that one!)
- How Alexis was only curious about Rory’s career, not her love life!