Don’t Freak Out Over An Apple

Gilmore Girls fans are so devoted that we analyze every single detail of every single thing about the show. With the upcoming release of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, that has meant dissecting every new image. Sometimes, though, we can get carried away.

With this new image from Netflix, we see a plate of Pop Tarts with a single apple and many people have messaged me wondering if the apple could be a clue. Lorelai once said apples were her ‘pregnancy’ fruit. She explained, in Season 5:

“Okay, see, I’m eating an apple. Now, normally, this would not be a sign of anything except hunger. Except I don’t eat much fruit. I know I should, but I don’t have a hankering for it. Had it when I was pregnant with my first kid, though. Kept craving those apples. And this morning, boy, was I craving an apple.”

So, you know, when Gilmore Girls reveals an apple, everybody freaks out. Is Lorelai pregnant? Is Rory pregnant? People also believe that Lorelei’s shirt in the trailer, “I’m with human,” means she’s pregnant, instead of being a nod to a well-known designer

Imwithhuman

Only, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen an apple with some Pop Tarts. In the first season, Lorelai serves Rory & her friends a plate of Pop Tarts and a single apple before taking them to the Bangles concert.

Okay, okay. I definitely think I over-reacted just a little! 😂😂 The quote that Netflix used in their caption –" Pop-Tart appetizers to hold us over 'till the pizza comes. And one apple" is almost identical to the quote said by Lorelai in episode 13 of season one when Rory, Paris, Madeline and Louise are working on their school project and go to the Bangles concert! She even serves them an identical plate of pop-tarts with an apple in the center. The "And one apple" part of their caption and all of the comments on the photo definitely through me off! Sneaky, Netflix. 😉 I hope this clears some things up and that our theory is right and Lorelai isn't pregnant! (I personally don't want her to be pregnant in the revival.) #gilmoregirls #gilmoregirlsrevival #ggonlyrevivalnews #lorelaigilmore #rorygilmore #laurengraham #alexisbledel #starshollow #poptarts #coffee #apple #netflix #gilmoregirlsrevival #gilmoregirlsayearinthelife

A photo posted by Gilmore Girls Revival & Edits (@gilmoregirlsonly) on

So, let’s not over analyze! Sometimes a shirt is just fun and an apple is just an apple.

I also love that Pop Tarts were included in Alexis’ / Rory’s little visit to Michelle Obama

6 thoughts on “Don’t Freak Out Over An Apple

• August 3, 2016 at 2:42 am

Finally, someone else remembered the poptart scene! God, how many articles about the revival have started because of that picture? All it represents is Lorelai’s rather quirky hostessing and lack-luster housekeeping skills.

• August 3, 2016 at 6:20 am

So, people really need to take a chill pill. Seriously. And get their facts straight. Netflix pratically told us where the idea of the photo came from.
    No one has to know every single line said on the show, but you have to be sure before freaking out the whole world over a promotion photo.
    Anyways, Netflix, as always, has been doing an amazing job in promoting the show. I can’t wait for November ♥

• August 3, 2016 at 10:50 am

I’ve also read it as more of a “Luke has moved in” clue. Like, he’s the “eat healthy” guy, so the apple would be a sign of his inffluence on Lorelai? Dunno, I’m getting over excited already.

• August 3, 2016 at 1:09 pm

There have been a tone of articles – genuine articles, such as on the Radio Times blog/website about this, all saying that the apple practically confirms that one of the GG is pregnant. Its one thing for fans to jump the gun in excitement but if TV writers/bloggers are just going to copy what said fans write on twitter, then I think its time they start to consider new career options.

• August 4, 2016 at 10:34 am

I for one… hope she IS pregnant.

I’m sorry, but if after all this time they’re still not married and she’s not having his kid, I will be disappointed. I don’t care how awesome the rest of the new season will be, it’ll still be a bit disappointing because… look, it’s just been SO long. The thought of Luke and Lorelai not getting it together after SO long is more than a little depressing. They should have gotten married by now. There should be another little Rory on the way… a plaid-clad one, if must be… but another one all the same.

The reason this rumour has so much energy to it is for this reason, most of all, and I think you know I’m right about that – It just wouldn’t be right if they’re not sorted by now. It just wouldn’t be.

• August 5, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Lorelai is 47 or 48. ‘Nuff said.