Jared Padalecki Revisits Dean “In A Really Cool Way”

Sorry, #TeamDean fans! As we’ve suspected for some time now, Dean will only be a minor character in the return of Gilmore Girls! Though we were all aware that Jared Padalecki only filmed scenes for one day, there were many that hoped he managed to appear in multiple scenes.

We previously shared that Jared Padalecki revealed the location of his scene at the recent Jus In Bello (JIB) conference, saying he would return to Doose’s for a scene. We now have a video of his appearance, giving us even more insight into his invitation to be back on the show and his role in Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life:

[Amy Sherman-Palladino] basically said, ‘Listen, we’re going to write you a really cool scene and if you get a day off let us know we will just put your scene on the schedule for that day. It’s a set that we already run and own [and] it’s an actress that already is working every day, so let us know.

Despite only the single scene, Jared previously let us know that he hoped to be “a better Dean,” so hopefully #TeamDean fans are getting more than just a glance at their favourite leading man. It would be nice to really have a solid look at where Dean is now, since I personally felt like his character was not as filled out in his last appearances on the show, not doing true justice to the part. His final episode on Gilmore Girls, ‘To Live and let Diorama,’ Dean is angry and bitter and particularly angry with being compared to Luke. And that’s it. No resolution.

Now, despite the fact that this happened as Jared Padalecki was cast in Supernatural, as an actor, he also felt that his character had no resolution:

When I stopped doing Gilmore Girls, it was abrupt…One day I was an actor on Gilmore Girls and the next day I had a TV show and would never again be on Gilmore Girls.

Jared shares that his single scene allowed him to be Dean again and help tie up Dean’s arc “in a really cool way,” which has us very excited.

7 thoughts on “Jared Padalecki Revisits Dean “In A Really Cool Way”

• May 30, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I’m pleased with that. I never considered him an option for Rory again, but I’m glad he’s had a chance to come back and hopefully show the ‘nice’ side of Dean again. Even if it’s only one scene, it’s nice he’s getting to give the character better closure (hopefully).

#TeamJess

• May 30, 2016 at 11:04 pm

I would have to say that I’m not so happy with how they will rap up dean’s character, I was and still am a die hard dean fan and loved how he was to rory in the beginning. If I were to redo it I would have dean and rory get back together and be in a relationship again but it’s not me redoing it.

• May 31, 2016 at 3:57 am

I don’t think Dean and Rory were ever meant to be together. He was a nice first boyfriend but he long out stayed his welcome on this show. He became a bit of a bore after season one and it got to the point were I pretty much grew to hate him. But, if only for my love of JP and season 1 Dean, I always thought they could have ended his story in a better way. They just let his character deteriorate to the point were I was so glad he was gone. I’m glad JP has said we’ll see a happy Dean in the end. I kind of imagined him to be married with kids, I hope he is.

• June 11, 2016 at 6:26 am

I secretly always hoped Rory and Dean would eventually end up together. Dean had a way of “grounding” Rory and keeping her from acting too intelligent and uppity-uppity. Maybe he wasn’t her intellectual equal, but he had much common sense and wasn’t afraid of doing an honest day’s hard work. I think they complimented each other well (their characters, I mean). I think the love he felt for her was deeper and stronger than any amount of love Logan or Jess could ever feel for her. Logan is just a spoiled brat, if you ask me. I wonder sometimes if Logan could handle not having any money and if he’d survive without his dad’s money. Jess was just a juvenile bum, who would’ve dragged Rory down with him, so I’m glad she didn’t end up with him. Dean always treated Rory with respect, and was always there for her when she needed a friend. Dean even (against ALL his good, moral upbringing) allowed himself to get involved with her again while he was newly married. I think Dean will always love Rory and it would make an interesting story line for the two of them to end up together. Just my opinion.

• October 11, 2016 at 9:41 am

You cheat with someone you can cheat on them. Dean was a dumb hick who couldn’t keep up with her. I think ALL of gilmore girls fans would revolt if they got married.

• July 2, 2016 at 8:12 pm

It could be a cameo, but it doesn’t mean there’s no possibility that Rory will end up with Dean. What if the cameo happen after Rory have completely lose Jess & Logan? So, most of the story might be about Jess & Logan (so it has nothing to do with Dean), but the ending…we still don’t know.

• October 10, 2016 at 5:13 pm

I had hoped that Marty would blitz all the ex’s and end up with Rory