Matt Czuchry and Alexis Bledel Film with the Life & Death Brigade

Tanc Sade just gave us our first behind-the-scenes look at Rory & Logan! Alexis Bledel, Matt Czuchry alongside Life & Death Brigade Members Tanc Sade (Finn) and Alan Loayza (Colin), seen peeking in the back. We know that the Life & Death Brigade members have been filming all week, and those scenes have involved what looks to be a pretty intense dance number.

In this new photo, Tanc Sade teases:

Earlier today, Nick Holmes (Robert of the Life & Death Brigade on Gilmore Girls) shares that the scenes for this week tearly made him cry:

Nick Holmes also uploaded a quick message on Periscope last night after completing a very late night filming Gilmore Girls, talking about the emotional and special scenes they’ve been filming.

“Watching Matt Czuchry and Alexis do some of the best work that’s been done on the show. They’re both just such lovely people and so good with this material.

The Life and Death Brigade stuff will be a very memorable visual feast. It’s just delicious.”

Today is the last day filming for the Life & Death Brigade, with just a few more days left filming for some others. Nick shares that he can feel how special these last few days are for everyone.

45 thoughts on “Matt Czuchry and Alexis Bledel Film with the Life & Death Brigade

• May 5, 2016 at 11:30 am

At last!! We finally get some #Rogan. This was the one spoiler photo I’ve been waiting on. Love it!!

• May 5, 2016 at 11:55 am

Look at all the blue eyes!!!

All this life and death brigade stuff makes me think Rory chooses Logan. Milo said he only filmed for a few days for the rival. :(

• October 26, 2016 at 5:33 am

Milo actually did 3 of the 4 seasons. Jared only one. Matt, all 4. But…if Milo/Jess is back and successful ( owner of The SH Gazette?), that could seal his and Rory’s relationship and future and bring Rory home from her” vagabond life” ( quoting Emily) for GOOD.

• May 5, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Yeah but if its mostly Matt with the Life and Death brigade, it makes me think there isn’t much time just between them. I think it might be that “closure” MC was talking about. I really hope so. Rory really doesn’t belong with Logan.

• May 5, 2016 at 12:20 pm

how are these guys getting away with sharing so much stuff?

• May 5, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Them sharing all this sort of makes me think its not that significant. Why would they be doing a dance number? I thought this was Gilmore Girls, not Bunheads! Truth be, putting aside my feelings towards Logan, which aren’t great, his freiends are still some of the worst characters on the show and they often made him look like an idiot. Most of there stuff seems to be a dance. Tanc has ben tweeting about it for weeks.

• May 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I love this! Who knows what this means for Rory and Logan, but hot damn, they look great together!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I’m sensing a shift in Alexis over the past week. For months she has been nearly invisible – even with all of the hoopla of the GG revival you wouldn’t even know she was on the show. The few glimpses we did we were reserved at best. In the past week all that has changed. Look at the screenplay reading with Mae Whitman and the pics with GG cast members – she genuinely seems to be enjoying herself. I don’t know whether selling her place in Brooklyn has anything to do with, but whatever it is I am glad to see it.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Maybe, but also she’s just been working A LOT. With 69 days of filming she (and Lauren) must have been in the bulk of them. Maybe she’s just more relaxed now that an end to filming is in sight. I mean, Alexis has always been a bit more reserved anyway, so not surprised.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:55 pm

I think that what you see of Alexis heavily depends on the instagram pictures you see online. She just happens to be around people who take lots of pictures recently. That’s it. Wonders of the internet.

• May 5, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Maybe means Logan isn’t endgame? (If he is still connected to these bozos.)

I do not see the fascination with these guys.

• May 5, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I remember reading that many actors have social media clauses in their contract, meaning that part of their contractual obligation is to promote the show by posting stuff on their twitter, instagram, etc. Perhaps that is why the LDB boys are posting. Tanc, in particular, posts about the other show he is working on quite regularly.

• May 5, 2016 at 3:19 pm

“Watching Matt Czuchry and Alexis do some of the best work that’s been done on the show.” Has Alexis finally learned how to act?? BLESS!

• May 5, 2016 at 10:40 pm

The comments are so mean in here.

And Catherine stop being a damn broken record, i’m not even team Logan and it’s annoying.

Lovely picture.

• October 26, 2016 at 5:35 am

I’m with you, girl. Wow.

• May 6, 2016 at 1:27 am

1) Sincerely hope Logan isn’t endgame. He was never right for Rory.

2) His friends are… *sigh*. What is it with fictional people named Logan and them having horrible friends? Logan in VM – same story. These guys aren’t that much better than Dick Casablancas.

3) Tanc has amazing eyes! How the hell did I miss it before??

• May 6, 2016 at 6:40 am

so, do we think R/L end up together and these guys blew it (ASP must be delighted about this) or are they trying to throw us off? …I just can’t see why the first happenin with all the secrecy going on, so I suppose it’s the latter.

• May 6, 2016 at 7:52 am

Everyone on this comment thread seems upset that Logan is most likely the one with the “edge” per Michael Winters, I for one am beyond ECSTATIC!!! If we’re treating “Seasons” as S7 for ASP then from where she left off it makes complete sense that she would continue the Logan and Rory story, she never got to finish it. We’ll see what ASP has envisioned for Rory’s ending, even if it’s not Logan (but I hope it is!), I’m excited to see what Amy had planned all along.

• May 6, 2016 at 9:05 am

I just don’t see how Logan can be Rory’s endgame and it be good for her or the show. He’s just NOT right for her. It’s not even about Logan, its how Rory was when she was with him. She was so annoying and frankly behaved like a spoilt brat. He didn’t bring out the best in her. I don’t see the logic of them ending up together, it would be all too easy for Rory. ASP doesn’t like easy. Also, his family and friends are just horrible. The LDB were never funny, just obnoxious. I really hope they’ve just spent most of their time on this stupid dance number and nothing else. Frankly, I would rather Rory ended up marrying Kirk than ending up with Logan.

• May 6, 2016 at 9:14 am

To Catherine, that’s your opinion and a lot of people disagree including me.

I just think you’re really going to set yourself up for disappointment if you’re basing your enjoyment of the revival (and it sounds like you are) on who Rory does or doesn’t end up with. Just sit back and enjoy what ASP has in store for you. It’s going to be okay.

• May 6, 2016 at 9:59 am

“Life & Death Brigade members have been filming all week” ??? These irrelevant actors have been filming longer than Milo has? That’s ridiculous. I hope the revival won’t end up being a joke. The more I here about it the more I lose interest.

• May 6, 2016 at 10:01 am

Catherine you are my soulmate!!
    Kirk!!! Haha! More chemistry between Rory and him than Logan!
    But seriously their eyes are phenomenal!

• May 6, 2016 at 10:02 am

@Rogan
    I do think Alexis felt a lot of pressure. It could be that she was pushing out distractions so that she could focus all of her energy on the role and that now she can finally relax. Like I said before, whatever it is I am glad to see it.

• May 6, 2016 at 10:25 am

I don’t really care who Rory ends up with. I just hope her romantic life doesn’t take up too much screen time and that the never interesting LDB nonsense is brief. I’d love to be surprised and see Rory end up just hooking up with a couple exes and then moving on with her life.

• May 6, 2016 at 11:41 am

Hi guy this is my first time writing even though i’ve been visiting the site for a while greetings from Venezuela, i’m team Jess all the way with every rewatching i love him more, but also the rewatchings have made me like a little Dean in season 1 and there are episodes of Logan that i really enjoy especially in the beggining, but i still want Rory and Jess to end up together, i´m not taking those photos or “spoilers” to heart cause i find thar Jess scenes were never really long but to me very significant to the story and i also don’t believe Milo i think he’s not meant to give any information on the other hand Tanc is clearly “spoiling” us so i don’t think this LDB are significant to the plot

• October 26, 2016 at 5:38 am

I agree with you…but I am happy with whatever Amy comes up with. I’m sure there will be a lot of moaning and whining afterwards because everyone won’t get what they want. Maybe if we all behave ourselves, they will do another one?!

• May 6, 2016 at 12:23 pm

One of the old writers posted a pic of Matt and Alexis’ chairs and captioned that “they have great chemistry”…that coupled with the sheer amount of time that LDB/Matt have been filming def makes me think it’s a Logan endgame. Especially since Milo has filmed so much less in comparison. I’m #TeamJess till the day I die so don’t want to believe it, but trying to prepare myself for the crushing blow lol I loved that we actually got to know Jess independently of Rory and that he had other facets of his personality. Let’s be real – Dean was just an infatuated puppy, he never knew the real Rory, or even really tried to understand her. Logan, while able to match her intellectually, I think failed to understand her as a person also and in doing so changed who she was – for the worse. The most telling thing to me is that they dated for years before he ever visited Stars Hollow, which was less than an hour away from them. I mean tell me if I’m wrong but I think SH was a huge part of Rory’s life and so important to her. Jess, he may have hated SH, and been a douche as a kid, but I think we were given enough insight as to why. It was never “okay” for him to behave the way he did…but we also begin to see improvements. I could go on about this forever haha. But I’ll just stop here, and keep trying to imagine Logan in a better light

• May 6, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Sheesh, people get so passionate about LDB’s presence on the show. They obviously meant enough to the plot that ASP asked them back.

• May 6, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Yay! Does this mean good news for #TeamLogan? So excited now. Can’t wait to watch it on Netflix!

• May 7, 2016 at 9:10 pm

What a Beautiful photograph…all have such gorgeous eyes!!

• May 7, 2016 at 10:19 pm

The amount of time someone spends on the shoot does not automatically mean they will be important to the final story plateau [I doubt if it will be a true end-game] as their scenes may not even escape the cutting room floor. One also assumes with six hours to fill that quite a bit of extra shooting will be done to provide some final editing flexibility and maybe even some extreme subtrefuge to circumvent any unauthorized plot point leakage

• May 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I’m Team Rory. I never thought any of the three guys were the right one for her. I thought Jess had the best potential to end up a real person and a good match, but he had to grow up quite a bit.

• May 10, 2016 at 5:59 am

I think they’ve rehearsaled a lot and the week was needed to do so, not the shooting.
    Which was done only the day Alexis was there (she probably didnt’ need to practice, becouse as half argentine she already knows how to dance it). I also think they’ve filmed a very good scene to watch but in general I don’t think the precence of LDB is a good news for team Logan. And if he’s back from California to work with his father – as it looks like – again, I’m afraid it’s even less.

• May 10, 2016 at 8:37 am

On one hand from all the “spoilers” it seems like Logan is the front runner.. But in general whoever she ends up with, if she does, the more important part would be the journey getting there.. Like from the get go everyone knew clearly Luke and Lorelei were going to be together but it’s the journey getting there that has kept us watching.

• May 11, 2016 at 7:57 am

Great point CoffeeLikeOxygen, and that’s why it will be Jess!! All the times missed and finally it all lines up like Luke and Lorelai!!

• May 12, 2016 at 4:41 am

Rory should be with Logan that just go together and belong together . Dean was a first love a high school thing Jess was just a thing different from Dean to come to Logan yes Logan is the one I hope

• May 13, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Didn’t ASP wanted to do a spinoff series about Jess? In which Jess would’ve lived in CA with his father. And the series were supposed to be about his life there. So it doesn’t seem like ASP planned to end Gilmore Girls with Rory and Jess as a couple, in my opinion. I could be wrong of course. But logically it seems Jess is not the endgame.
    P.S. Spinoff series didn’t get picked up because the show wasn’t viable

• July 21, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Honestly, I am hoping Tristan comes back and sweeps Rory off her feet. There was so much tension between them that went unexplored. Here is hoping!

• July 22, 2016 at 11:16 am

For me, Rory and Logan never truly understood one another. While intellectually, they may keep up with one another, I don’t think they fully understood what the other truly wanted from life. Rory, while somewhat charmed and spellbound by the high-life, I never thought she honestly believed her life would continue to be that way after collage – she really wanted to earn her place in the journalism world, despite many of her actions, that was true to who she was. I don’t think she really got that Logan loved his life of prividge. To be fair he did nothing but complain about the pressure his parents put him under but I think she may have misinterpreted that as him wanting a completely different lifestyle. I know he eventually he broke away from his father, right at the end of their relationship but with a Yale degree and the Huntzburger name, he was always going to end up in a high paying job with a bit of effort. And if he hasn’t began to take over his father’s company when we see him again I will be shocked. For me, Rory ending up with Logan is the single worst thing that could happen in the revival. Personally, I always thought Rory seemed really awkward around him and in the latter seasons there were just so few moments where Rory seemed like herself that it makes it hard to see them as an end-game couple.

• August 11, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Completely agree with you Nikki. I think ASP didn’t get a chance to go deeper into the Rory/Logan relationship, but that was her end game all along. I honestly don’t get why some people feel so strongly about Rory/Jess when they had so very few moments together. Just rewatched the entire series and I don’t see how we could root for anyone but Rory/Logan. Crossing fingers!

• September 22, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I honestly find it strange there is so much LDB posts. I thought the Revival is supposed to be a surprise for fans. Yet everyone is assuming Rory & logan are endgame. If they are then what was the point of the secrecy & why even shoot Red herring scenes if your going to post clues/spoilers all over twitter & Instagram.

• October 31, 2016 at 11:02 pm

I can direct a similar question to you. Why a lot of people assume that Rory and Jess end up together? If everyone so sure that they will end up together, what is the point of secrecy and what is the point of watching the show?

• October 26, 2016 at 5:44 am

Let me say my quick piece : this show is about the GILMORE GIRLS. Emily, Lorelei and Rory. I’m happy to see THEM, their interactions, and their development . The other characters are VITAL to their continuing story, but, to me, are NOT the story. Who she/they “end up with” is a sub-plot in my mind. The real reason we should all be excited about the revival is the Gilmore GIRLS. ATLEAST, THATS WHAT MY DAUGHTER AND I will be focusing on.