Matt Czuchry Calls Gilmore Girls Revival “Very Special”

Last night, Matt Czuchry attended The Good Wife finale part at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (sniff on the end of Good Wife!), speaking with ET about his upcoming return to Gilmore Girls. Matt noted his return for the revival, Gilmore Girls: Seasons, as Logan Huntzberger, was very special for the cast and crew and that us, the fans, have a right to be excited:

“The fans immediately in 2007 when the show ended, felt like they wanted more. And so it’s been that many years in the making that this has happened and the fact that it’s come together feels really, really special for all the cast, all the crew, and for the fans as well.”

Matt re-iterated that the scripts are going to be amazing:

“Those four scripts, it’s 90 minute movies on Netflix and they’re incredible. Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino did an amazing job as to where the characters are, where they’ve been and where they’re going. We’ll see how it finishes out in the end, but they did an amazing job with the scripts. I’m blown away by their work.”

Matt has previously said that the Gilmore Girls revival would bring us fans “closure.” Let’s see what that means!

13 thoughts on “Matt Czuchry Calls Gilmore Girls Revival “Very Special”

• April 29, 2016 at 12:05 pm

I really hope he’s the one Rory ends up with! #teamlogan

• April 29, 2016 at 2:09 pm

I hope Rory does get closure with Logan. It was messy how things ended. But I really want her to have moved on from him completely. I really hope she ends up with Jess but I don’t want any lingering issues with Logan – I would like him to be happy too.

#TeamJess

• April 29, 2016 at 5:29 pm

So hoping this means Rory and Logan end up together! #TeamLogan!

• April 29, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Team Logan. Rory’s not perfect, and neither is Logan. They have complimentary strengths, and will probably have done some growing up. #teamLoganalltheway

• April 30, 2016 at 12:16 pm

team logan!!! but i hope Rory stays true to herself and forever be Rory Gilmore

• April 30, 2016 at 5:19 pm

IMDB has Logan appearing in all 4 episodes. I know IMDB isn’t an official source, but I’m hoping the information is correct and that it means good things for Rory and Logan! #teamlogan

• May 1, 2016 at 8:10 am

That’s true love…

Team Logan!

• May 1, 2016 at 9:21 am

Looking at IMDB, it looks like she’ll be ending up with Logan.

Unfortunately.

#TeamJess

• May 2, 2016 at 1:06 pm

I just have to bring back the point that it’s been 8 years since Logan proposed and even longer than that since we saw that Rory last saw Jess (they could’ve met up again). However, It’s hard to believe that these guys have been holding on to her for so long. I mean they could’ve stayed friends and kept their distance from a romantic relationship, but it’s hard to see Rory taking the plunge and getting married to one of them. I think it’s right for Rory to decide what she wants as a life partner in the revival and stick with him. She’s thirty so its about time for her to start the next chapter of her life

• May 2, 2016 at 5:54 pm

I really love seeing Rory and Logan together. I hope they get married #teamLogan

• May 3, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I am all for #teamlogan. My personal thought is that Jess comes back and helps Rory when she is in a difficult spot, he helps push her to follow her heart and get back on track, but I do not think that Jess is intended as a love interest for Rory, more of a good friend and confidant. He was able to open her eyes when she left Yale, when she would not listen to anyone else. I think that Rory and Logan do end up together, but realistically I do not see each of them pining for the other for the last 8 years. I see them running into each other at a work related event or Richards funeral and those feelings come back. But I can also see them maintains communication all of these years and have used each other as a sounding board and a hidden friendship. It might not be a realistic story, but it would be interesting if they have been e-mailing and communicating all of these years.

After re-watching the series it is mentioned multiple times that Rory and Logan will get married and that he is the one. In the netflix series I see them becoming an item again, but I do not see them getting married, I believe there will be only one wedding and that would be Luke and Loreli. There are so many options, hopefully the script gives these characters the story lines that they deserve. We will just have to wait and see.