The Huntzbergers Return to Gilmore Girls

Gregg Henry, who returns to Gilmore Girls to reprise his role as Mitchum Huntzberger, posted the above photo to Twitter, with the caption:

The photo shows Gregg alongside Matt Czuchry, who plays Logan Huntzberger, and show co-creator / writer / director Dan Palladino.

Although it’s great to have an on-set photo, this photo is particularly significant because we know that filming this week was taking place at The Ebell Club and that there are fancy props on set, which could indicate some sort of large event. In this new photo, we see Matt Czuchry and Gregg Henry in wardrobe as “Logan” and “Mitchum,” clearly dressed for a fancy event… but not a formal event, which is a clue that may go against one of my main theories… or maybe not.

Word on the street from fans scouting the location indicates that the scenes they are filming included a lot of extras:

But a restricted set of Gilmore Girls cast members?

All the filming was inside…

But, before we all scream WEDDING or LIFE AND DEATH BRIGADE, the other cast members on the set at The Ebell Club from *other* days could offer clues.

So, whatever it is also involves Scott Patterson (Luke), Kelly Bishop (Emily), Lauren Graham (Lorelai) and Liza Weil (Paris). To add to the confusion, Milo Ventimiglia’s trailer was also on set, so presumably Jess is also in the scene?

So, instead of drawing my own conclusions here, I leave this to you… what do YOU think is happening at The Ebell Club?

But to finish off, I’m just going to leave this right here, because the photos of Matt at the Tribeca Film Festival just had to be shared.

3347CC9B00000578 3545003 image m 43 1460938510664

21 thoughts on “The Huntzbergers Return to Gilmore Girls

• April 17, 2016 at 10:59 pm

they definitely don’t look dressed for a wedding …guess we can finally put that theory to rest :)

I also suspect they were filming different stuff for different episodes/characters. Reportedly, Matt, Alexis, Gregg Henry and a bunch of extras were the only ones on set that day. While Scott, Lauren, and the others were spotted the previous days …so my bet is they were filming a different event.

but who knows, it’s all very confusing ahah

• April 18, 2016 at 1:16 am

Wedding rehearsal perhaps? Maybe Rory finally got Logan to change his mind about them ;)

Either way, Matt is aging like a champ. Congrats to him. Unpopular opinion but I never really minded what Mitchum said to Rory. From a professional standpoint, he just gave her his honest opinion/assessment of what he thought her potential was. (And it’s not unreasonable to agree with him). Rory is undoubtedly a talented writer, but throughout the series she never exactly displayed the “it” factor and burning drive needed for the cutthroat journalism industry. I always thought her talents better suited novels and fiction. And it definitely annoyed me how every character always treated her like an extremely special snowflake, and the rare instance someone didn’t, she completely broke down (which Logan unfairly got blamed for) and acted like it was the end of the world, proving Mitchum right. The real world is tough! I hope the revival sees her realizing that.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:37 am

IT WAS RORY WHO LEFT LOGAN NOT LOGAN LEAVING RORY “UNTO THE BREACH” EPISODE

• November 2, 2016 at 11:38 am

WEDDING REHEARSAL OMG THAT WOULD BE FAN FREAKING TASTIC

• April 18, 2016 at 1:52 am

As Lucy said, I doubt it was a wedding scene… What would Mitchum do in L&L’s wedding. BUT could be an engagement party (Rory&Logan) or one of those charity events. Who knows. What made me curious was that Jess was seen there. Hmm. Interesting.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:40 am

UMM WHO SAYS IT IS LUKE AND LORELAI’S WEDDING

• April 18, 2016 at 2:39 am

Maybe it’s about Rory’s career or something? And maybe he wants to give her a job?

• April 18, 2016 at 3:26 am

I don’t think it is a wedding but rather a party for celebrating someone’s achievement and I think it is for Rory’s work as journalist. That seems to me the only explanation for having Luke, Jess, Paris, Emily, Lorelai, Logan and Mitchum there dressed for a party.

The last 2 are in the same field so makes sense that they are there and of course Rory would want her family and friends also to be there when she is being recognized for her work.

It can be a wedding, but then it would be Rory and Logan’s (because of Mitchum presence), but I don’t think Logan is dressed as a groom at all (guys normally go for a tuxedo) .

• April 18, 2016 at 5:22 am

Could be a rehearsal dinner for Logan and Rory’s wedding? Would make sense why those characters are all in the same room together for a semi-formal event.

• April 18, 2016 at 5:55 am

Its a dan Palladino season! So atleast we know they aren’t filming for fall or winter

• April 18, 2016 at 7:11 am

I guess Hollis Doyle could take a break from being Trumps alter ego and running for president to come back as Mitchum Huntzburger, which must not have required too big an adjustment as they are both rich, narcissistic assholes

• April 18, 2016 at 7:27 am

Folks have any of you ever heard of a rehearsal!!????
    With their life status’ they would be in suits for that.
    And from talks and articles it sounds to me Jess is going to end up being a very sincere and close friend to Rory so someone like that would be there for her. PLUS if Luke and Lorelai are a couple Jess would be there as “family”.

• April 18, 2016 at 8:18 am

What is to say they got dressed at the club for the wedding like they did for Richard and Emily’s vow renewal? Why else would Mitchum be there; as well as Life and Death Brigade. They haven’t said LeAnn Hunley is there as his mom or his sister Honor…I would think Pops, the old man would be dead by now; but who knows. I am just saying, rich people don’t go to the wedding in their wedding clothes. We established that with Richard and Emily. Isn’t that how Luke’s pants got wrinkled?

• April 18, 2016 at 8:41 am

If its Dan Palladino, then I’m pretty sure it would be Summer episode. Looking at how they’re dressed, I would say its some sort of business conference, maybe about the current state of journalism and how many struggle, like Rory in the profession. Or a benefit of somekind. The fact that only Rory, Logan and Mitchum are in the scene, makes me think its work related. If there is to be a wedding on this show, I think it will be Luke and Lorelai’s. I don’t think there will be more than one.

• April 18, 2016 at 8:59 am

I really don’t care if Rory ends up with a former boyfriend. Just don’t end the series with her marrying one. And please don’t give us a love triangle involving two of Rory’s exes. I understand ASP wants to please all the fans, and each of Rory’s exes have decent size fan bases. But quality control needs to come first. Dedicating a significant amount of time to Rory’s being in love triangle with multiple high school/college boyfriends ten years later is dishonest and undermines those characters and is just cheesy. BTW, if it is a wedding it’s likely Lorelai and Luke’s or even some other minor characters. I really don’t see Rory getting married in these episodes.

• April 18, 2016 at 9:03 am

Could it be a Yale Alum event or Richard-related Yale dedication? This explains why Mitchum, Logan, Paris and Rory are in attendance. Emily goes in place of Richard and Luke and Lorelai are there to support both Emily and Rory. This would also explain the fancy (not formal) wear, it’s a business/social function. The only person I can’t explain is Milo. He’s either there to support Rory as a friend or as a date or he’s there to crash the party. I’m hoping it’s the latter so that we can see some sort of Logan and Jess confrontation. These two actors played off each other so well in season 6 that I am incredibly interested to see their dynamic now that their characters have a nearly a decade of growth.

• April 18, 2016 at 9:24 am

According to Hollywood Reporter Matt said that he read all FOUR seasons’ scripts. I’m guess he’s pretty important to the plot to have access to all four of the scripts and conclude that its a pretty satisfying ending.

• April 18, 2016 at 9:35 am

Matt said fans would be “really happy” and will “receive the closure they didn’t get before.” This leads me to believe that Rory will not be single in fall since that’s the exact same ending we received the first time.

• April 18, 2016 at 2:10 pm

I love this show I have watched it 3 maybe 4 times lol it’s a kinda show like you get to no them I no seems crazy but that’s me lol anyway can not wait for it to come on but they ought to bring it back on full time

• April 21, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I’m hoping that Rory and Logan end up back together.I am very interested y Rory Logan and so on would be in the same scene bc having those people in the scene it could be some sort of part or even a charity event or I don’t know.In the end I Adam very excited for season 8 to come out.