Set Photo Provides Major Spoiler

Actress Carrie Madsen currently signed on to guest star on the Gilmore Girls reboot for Netflix (the 33rd confirmed guest star), Gilmore Girls: Seasons. Carrie will play the character of “Sandra” in the final two episodes, Summer and Fall.

640full-carrie-madsen

Carrie revealed this news herself on Instagram, posting the following image:

@turtpagoda this one's for you!

A photo posted by Carrie Madsen (@carriemadsen) on

But the real kicker is the featured image above. The image shows a silhouette of a woman in a chair, possibly Carrie Madsen herself, beside someone in a hat (perhaps Amy Sherman-Palladino?), clearly behind a camera filming a scene. But, though the image completely lacks a caption, what’s telling is the following:

• The image is tagged as being filmed at Wilshire Ebell
  • Hanging in the background is a chandelier. THE chandelier. Update: The prop I thought was a chandelier may have actually been a lamp, since we only had a partial photo of it. Both items have a leaf motif.

I talked last week about the significant scenes previously shot at The Ebell Club, with my guess being “Wedding” as a major event that could take place there. The presence of THE chandelier all but confirms my theory (Update: it could be that the original prop hint was a LAMP, which changes the outcome!). So, the question remains, who will the wedding be for?

1. Luke & Lorelai, because of this?
  2. Rory & Logan, because of this and this?
  3. Rory & Jess, possibly because of this and this?
  4. Emily & someone, because of these hints and this?

The last is an item we haven’t talked about much, but I would still consider it a plausible (if unlikely) theory. My only reason for including it is that I feel The Ebell Club is more suited to a formal “Emily” event than to anything Rory or Lorelai would plan for themselves.

Update: Both Matt Czuchry AND Milo Ventimiglia are on set (so are Lauren Graham, Scott Patterson, Alexis Bledel, Liza Weil).

Update from TODAY’s filming, with Extras dressed “SUPER” fancy

Chime in, what do you think?

6 thoughts on “Set Photo Provides Major Spoiler

• April 15, 2016 at 11:47 am

Strange, this doesn’t seem like a wedding?

• April 15, 2016 at 12:09 pm

the prop with the tag is not a chandelier but a floor lamp. It was back in the depot where I saw it without the tag when I took the studio tour last week. So I don’t think it is connected to the scene in the picture above.

• April 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm

You should check IMDb. It tells you which of Logan and Jess are in which episodes

• April 15, 2016 at 3:41 pm

I don’t think its a wedding. Its clearly an LDB event based on the shape of the chandelier. It fits the theme of the second photo you noted here http://www.gilmorenews.com/2016/02/22/gilmore-girls-set-photos-reveal-plot-clues/ It clearly matches the gothic theme. I think the LBD are doing an event and if Milo is there… maybe rory dragged him there as her bf?? Just speculating here but maybe this a confrontation that we’ve been waiting for between Jess and Logan. I think this scene is either from fall or summer too because Matt, Milo and carrie are all listed for fall and summer. Maybe rory has to choose and decide what she wants in a life partner. One that loves to party or one that is clearly does not find them exciting. However you should note that Rory does seemed turn off by the fact that Jess doesn’t like enjoy and mingle at parties so maybe we’ll see that she’ll pick Logan.

• April 15, 2016 at 6:06 pm

the pic was also taken three days ago… so todays scenes prob have little to nothing to do with it

• April 16, 2016 at 2:48 am

Squeegee beckenheim – don’t take IMDB as an official source of which episodes, as Arieanna (and others?) have said elsewhere it’s not necessarily being filled in by anyone who knows for sure.