Actress Carrie Madsen currently signed on to guest star on the Gilmore Girls reboot for Netflix (the 33rd confirmed guest star), Gilmore Girls: Seasons. Carrie will play the character of “Sandra” in the final two episodes, Summer and Fall.
Carrie revealed this news herself on Instagram, posting the following image:
But the real kicker is the featured image above. The image shows a silhouette of a woman in a chair, possibly Carrie Madsen herself, beside someone in a hat (perhaps Amy Sherman-Palladino?), clearly behind a camera filming a scene. But, though the image completely lacks a caption, what’s telling is the following:
- The image is tagged as being filmed at Wilshire Ebell
- Hanging in the background is a chandelier. THE chandelier. Update: The prop I thought was a chandelier may have actually been a lamp, since we only had a partial photo of it. Both items have a leaf motif.
I talked last week about the significant scenes previously shot at The Ebell Club, with my guess being “Wedding” as a major event that could take place there. The presence of THE chandelier all but confirms my theory (Update: it could be that the original prop hint was a LAMP, which changes the outcome!). So, the question remains, who will the wedding be for?
- Luke & Lorelai, because of this?
- Rory & Logan, because of this and this?
- Rory & Jess, possibly because of this and this?
- Emily & someone, because of these hints and this?
The last is an item we haven’t talked about much, but I would still consider it a plausible (if unlikely) theory. My only reason for including it is that I feel The Ebell Club is more suited to a formal “Emily” event than to anything Rory or Lorelai would plan for themselves.
Update: Both Matt Czuchry AND Milo Ventimiglia are on set (so are Lauren Graham, Scott Patterson, Alexis Bledel, Liza Weil).
Update from TODAY’s filming, with Extras dressed “SUPER” fancy
Okay. I've seen Alexis, Matt, and the guy who places mitchum. And I was told they're the only people here today. What could they be filming?
— Meredith Grey (@_allcdngirl) April 15, 2016
Chime in, what do you think?