Could We See Even MORE Gilmore Girls Episodes?

In the Gilmore Girls feature in this month’s edition of Entertainment Weekly, which came out today, we heard a great deal about the “4 Final Words,” which it turns out aren’t really so final. As Lauren Graham put it, “It’s not as resolved as I thought they would be. I keep saying, ‘Hey, does anyone else notice this is actually not an ending?’ Amy and Dan just giggle at me.”

We were not the only ones to jump on that, asking ‘Could that mean even more Gilmore Girls in our future?’

When asked directly by EW, Dan Palladino commented:

“We just never say never.”

Um, HELLO? WOW. And he continues:

“The cast is not killed in a terrible explosion at the end. Spoiler alert! It’s sort of a wacky world out there. It’s more difficult logistically than it would be for Amy and I to come up with stories

We don’t know if this is the ending because we never thought Gilmore Girls would come back in any form. But it’s a new world out there and there are new ways to experience things. Who knows? It might be a radio broadcast next. Just us, a couple of mikes, a Foley artist.”

The word “NEXT” is there, folks. NEXT.

#GilmoreGirlsForever

giphy

6 thoughts on “Could We See Even MORE Gilmore Girls Episodes?

• April 8, 2016 at 2:30 pm

It all depends on the success of the season 8 on Netflix.
    If it breaks streaming records for example, the chance of a season 9 (of 4 episodes again) are HIGH.

Fingers crossed.

• April 8, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Oh, god…besides Edward Herrmann (rest his soul) and Melissa McCarthy (and maybe AS-P’s gonna have her off to Paris at a major culinary arts academy, explaining her absence for this series…I *hope*!) , the whole Gilmoreverse is on board! This IS going to be the must-watch of the year, maybe the decade.

There HAS to be more. I want to see them go on and on and on…I’d love to see them age like fine wine.

• April 8, 2016 at 6:28 pm

…oops…hadn’t read the post about Melissa returning before writing the above! Though maybe my supposition about her being in Paris might work for her not being there for the first three…? Regardless, YAYYYYY!

• April 8, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I want the Gilmore girls to go on and on I watch the show over and over .. in Albuquerque new Mexico we love you all ..

• April 11, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Yes, I would have to agree…it all depends on how season 8 does on Netflix. But come on, I mean it’s GILMORE GIRLS…how can it not do great! And yes, Sookie is returning but I also heard not for all four episodes but that’s just fine with me. As long as she’s back… But I would also love if they had at least a good 10 seasons…so three with Netflix sounds awesome!!! I just don’t understand the whole idea of bringing Drella and Jason back or did I miss something? I mean, Christopher is coming back so why not bring back Sherri and Gigi as well as LIz and TJ and their baby Doula?

• October 28, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Well, it was doing great back in the day when the WB killed it, remember? Hopefully, Netflix will know better, since it’s pushing its own shows and revivals so much :D
    28 days to go and I can’t wait!