Life and Death Brigade: Filming Clues

With news that the Life & Death Brigade returning to Stars Hollow, we have been left with a lot of questions. We don’t know much, but what we do know is telling:

It’s A Boys-Only Reunion

So far, we only have confirmation of the return of the boys, Alan Loayza (Colin), Tanc Sade (Finn) and Nick Holmes (Robert). Finally confirming our guess, Nick Holmes went on periscope and confirmed that they were filming alongside Matt Czuchry (Logan). None of the girls who played past Life and Death Brigade members have been confirmed to return.

It’s Sexy

The new scenes will be “sexy” and “very fun” and full of “indulgence,” according to Nick Holmes, who plays Robert.

They are in the Finale

We know from various sources, including photos of the scripts, that the Life and Death Brigade appears in the last installment, Fall.

They Share Scenes With Rory

Alan posted this photo joking that he changed his name to “Cast,” which reveals that he is filming with Alexis. A tweet also implies scenes with Matt & Alexis together:

On set with Amy, Dan, Alexis, Matt, Tanc, Nick and a lot of the same crew! The gang is back! #GilmoreGirls #lifeanddeathbrigade

Some Scenes are at Night

Tanc put up a post outlining his crazy schedule filming Gilmore Girls at night and Roadies during the day, revealing that his Life and Death Brigade scenes (at least some) are “night” scenes. Most crazy Life and Death Brigade events have been at night, so this is encouraging.

So, what does it all mean? Is it something innocent but fun? How does it relate to Rory?

The biggest theory in play right now is that the Life and Death Brigade boys are throwing Logan a bachelor party, which would satisfy the #TeamLogan fans. What do you think? Could we see Rory and Logan together?

42 thoughts on “Life and Death Brigade: Filming Clues

• March 11, 2016 at 3:33 pm

As #TeamLogan, the thought of these scenes being a bachelor party for Logan as a prelude to a Logan-Rory wedding is super exciting! I always maintain that Rory and Logan were the best match, complementary to each other. We will see though – I don’t want to delude myself either. This could be something completely unrelated.

• October 16, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I agree Logan was Rory best match. Jess was to much of a bad boy with to many things similar with Rory (boring basically). But then there was Logan for all his mistakes and Rory these to always found a way back there was a balance between to different and to similar with Rory and Logan but then adding in the friends that were initial Logan’s and became Rory’s in Colin and Finn that brings about interesting. What I seen that I find most interesting is Finn (Why is he reading the Stars Hollow Gazette? Either that say (Rory name is on an article) but either it point to Rory’s future outside Logan or it point to something about Rory’s future with Logan. I can’t see a small town paper like the Stars Hollow Gazette being something that widely circulated out the town itself… and Finn doesn’t look to be in Hartford, he looked like he might have been outside Weston in Stars Hollow.

• March 11, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I really hope Rory and Logan aren’t together! It would make no real sense. I honestly don’t see the point of the LDB. Reguardless of Logan with Rory, I could never stand any of these characters.

• October 16, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I know not everything like that but some of the indications posted by the actor who plays Finn are seemingly big hints, either there something we don’t know about Finn’s relationship with Rory since the Season 7 split (why he he reading the Stars Hollow Gazette) or it speaks about were Rory ends up with Logan. The thing is that Amy Sherman Padillado and her husband didn’t take part in season 7 of Gilmore Girls didn’t right it… where Logan and Rory end up I think will largely come from where she intended for the relationship to be had the written Season 7.

• March 11, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I have been saying all along that this match would make perfect sense because Logan is to Rory, as Christopher is to Lorelai. Many girls marry men that are like their fathers. Plus Rory really did fit into the Richard, Emily, Christopher, Logan world better than Lorelai. She always ran to that world every time things went wrong. She is so very perfect in that world. She really did love the LDB people and they too are all of that world. Paris(and Doyle) is of that world, whom ended up really being her best friend.
    So yes, this really would be the most logical, not necessarily the most liked.
    It also makes sense that Lorelai and Luke cannot be married until the end of the series. If they are, then the sweet innocent childish love that they have cannot exist. It is that love that draws us to them. It is that love that keeps us watching them so we can see those innocent glances, devouring looks that they give each other, lusting looks that they give. If they marry, those are the kinds of things that change in a married relationship because of the familiarity of the everyday.

• March 11, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Yes, many girls do marry men like their fathers and I agree Logan is very much like Chris but I would hope Rory would be wise enough not too marry anyone like her father. Chris was many things and a decent guy but he cannot claim to be a good dad to Rory. He was very much a deadbeat dad until late in the game. He never even visited the town she lived in until she was 16. While I think Rory enjoyed life in Logan’s world in college and I’m sure she would keep in touch with friends, she seemed to be out growing it. If you recall her rather nasty article about trustfun kids, despite living like one, I’m not sure she ever really considered herself one of them. The fact is, Logan and Rory had very different ideas when it came to their future but they never really discussed it as a problem, very similar to Chris and Lorelai. When it came down to it marriage or the idea of it was almost a magical bandage meant to fix everything but it never works like that. To me, it would make no sense for the type of person Rory really was.
    Also, if Luke and Lorelai are not married, I will scream. Lusting glances are fine for teenagera and twenty somethings, even thirty-somethings but when both people are pushing fifty, it becomes a very sad waste of time. It might not be a passionate romance novel between these two anymore but building a life together can also be an interesting journey and its one these characters deserve to explore.

• March 11, 2016 at 7:42 pm

“She really did love the LDB people”……huh?? More like learned to tolerate and for the most part be amused by….kinda like her usual reaction to Kirk.

There seems to be an assumption that the timing of the fours seasons involves a linear development in time wher the deeper into the last episode someone appears, the more likely they are to be part of the final resolution. But what if there are significant flashbacks? Then order of appearance may be the complete opposite of what actually ends the storyline……..

• October 16, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Colin and Finn I think are a good explain of her she more that tolerated…
      others like Robert you might be right that she merely tolerated him.. and the girls part of the LDB it was never given a huge sense what Rory’s opinion of them was… my take way from a lot of that was seeing how much Rory changed and well some things kept her Lorelai’s mini-me many made Rory into a very different woman from her mother.

• March 11, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Let it be a bachelor because Rory invited marries another girl (could happen can have hope to stay with JESS), I really hope Rory does not return to Logan; Rory does things Logan’s hand but never makes itself, does not dare seem spoiled child; which it is something I did not like them as a couple.
    I’ve always said Luke = Dean, Logan =Chist and Jess=?
    Chist = Logan would be too perfect for the drama must break the mold, immediately accepted, without prejudices or anything, what would the drama … separation and mother and daughter did and Lorelai finally agreed to Logan ..
    For me there would be more drama with Rory and Jess, Lorelai almost as reactionary does not support it? let alone the direction Emely? Rory would have to resume that can not get along with everyone and family all the time …

• March 11, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Oh, please don’t let this theory pan out. I’ve never liked Logan & couldn’t stand the LDB. Crossing fingers.

• March 12, 2016 at 2:47 am

I agree with @mcityrk – Rory did react to the LDB with amusement and/or tolerance rather than love. I’m intrigued by the flashback idea. From what I’ve seen about Winter I feel it’s the start of the sequence or journey, although I guess that doesn’t mean that all scenes are in the same timeframe.

I think LDB presence (and Rory and Logan sharing scenes) means Rory/Logan is still in the running in the last episode. But… this may or may not mean that’s how it ends. I suspect that Rory’s romantic resolution will happen in Fall, but it doesn’t mean that only the successful suitor (if there is a successful suitor) will be in that episode.

• March 12, 2016 at 3:26 am

It does worry me slightly that this means Rory is going to end up with Logan. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for her and Jess though. Oh and I don’t really get how Logan being similar to Chris is a good thing. I didn’t hate Chris but he wasn’t a good father to Rory and let’s not forget that he didn’t always treat Lorelai right either – do we want that kind of person for Rory? #TeamJess

• March 12, 2016 at 7:45 am

Although I’m #TeamLogan, Matt and Alexis being in the last episode together doesn’t necessarily mean that Logan and Rory are involved romantically. It just means that they’re in the very least most likely friends, which would be awesome in and of itself because then that means they will talk throughout their issues and what went wrong in their relationship, giving the opportunity to grow as people and move on and maybe even make way to become a couple again in the future

• October 16, 2016 at 10:43 pm

We really don’t know but hints place one Rory in London at some point (when Logan is supposedly there) and another two hints place both Logan at point and at some point Finn back in Stars Hollow. There come be tons of explanations friendship included for Logan to be in Stars Hollow but why would Finn be there, and why would he be reading the Stars Hollow Gazette in what look like an out door table of Weston’s Bakery

• March 12, 2016 at 11:38 am

We did the Warner Bros studio tour on Thursday, there was very little we could see of the set because they were going to be filming later that day. Our guide said that he thought they were setting up for a Gilmore Girls filming later that day and there was a catering van around the corner setting up. There were some cranes with giant white ??difusers?? (I don’t know what they are called) on them next to this building https://2af4c80945.site.internapcdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/WB-Tour-046-300×225.jpg that looked like a city hall. Across from it is the grassy New York park area where Rory’s study tree was filmed and there was a hotdog stand there so they could be filming in that direction instead of towards the city hall…?? The tiny bit of the Stars Hollow set we could see was covered in Pumpkins. Luke’s truck was parked in Lorelei’s garden behind her jeep but there was nothing set up for filming over there.

• March 12, 2016 at 1:29 pm

It has been 10 years since Logan graduated from Yale. So maybe the LDB is just a celebration of their 10 year reunion. I am #TeamLogan, but I’m not sure I want it completely settled in the end. I still want the possibility of it, but I don’t have to have that resolution. I definitely want to see them talk about their past relationship. And maybe have them do something adventurous together to break her out of her routines!

• Pingback: Prop Reveals Major Spoiler – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• March 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm

I always find it amusing how everyone reacts differently to Rory’s different relationships. I, for one, hated her with Jess and I actually really liked Logan & co. He was good for her in a lot of ways and bad for her in a lot of others. But I thought they brought out really good things in each other. She grounded him and helped him mature in a lot of ways and he got her out of her shell and out of her rut.

I will be totally cool with a story line that had them go their own ways and grow up but find a way back to each other.

• March 13, 2016 at 4:14 am

how about this.. yes maybe the wedding is btw Rory and logan.. but in the end.. jess is jess and he will appear there and rory goes with him.. i believed i would love something in that area..
    also if it is rory`s wedding should chris be there.. and i believed he is only in the winter episode.. right?

• March 14, 2016 at 11:12 am

Let’s hope it means R/L! I adored them.

• March 14, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I really do not see what everyone sees in Jess. I could not stand him and think he out of the three was the worst. I just re watched all of Gilmore girl season and still couldn’t figure it out. He was an ass and horrible boyfriend and can’t see him settling down. Logan is still my favourite and they went through a lot together yes some bad but I do believe they were both good for each other. I do like Dean as well but I think that would be boring.

• Pingback: Rory Will Choose an Ex – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• March 15, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Kayla, I’m so with you! Jess only became good in season 6! He was an ungrateful jerk to Luke and an ass to Rory! He even admitted that getting her was a game, and once he had her he didn’t feel the need to try. He was smart, but too focused on rebelling against the world that he didn’t graduate and instead of taking the third chance Luke gave him, he left (without telling Rory by the way) to go and live with the father who abandoned him! He didn’t grow up til after Rory rejected his proposal to run away with him!
    Logan had more than his fare share of faults but he genuinely loved Rory enough to be a loyal boyfriend to her until the end.
    #teamlogan all the way!
    Not really sure why Dean is returning, his story was pretty wrapped up so I don’t know why they’re bringing him back!

• March 15, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I really hope Rory doesn’t end up with Logan. I thought he treated her far worse than Jess ever did. Loyal? Didn’t he cheat on her? Jess has seemed to be the most loyal to Rory. He wasn’t the best boyfriend to her at the time, but then he seemed to be the most messed up–it was why he came to Stars Hollow in the first place. His dad bailed on his mom and him, and Liz is a fun character, but a terrible mother. I always noticed how she referred to Luke and TJ as her two favorite guys, not two of her favorite guys, meaning her son came, at best, third in her life. That seemed to me to be messed up. The way in season 4 he tells Luke he’s never liked the guys she’s gone out with and she’s gone out with so many between husbands and boyfriends “because she’s going to do what she’s going to do.” You can imagine the lack of structure he grew up with. But already in season 4 he started changing, showing gratitude, and by season 6 he’s found his way. If Logan is like Christopher as some have said, I think Jess is like Lorelai– they both had a rebellious youth and found their own path to maturity and responsibility, being their own person, and found it pretty early on after a rough experience of living in barely comfortable spaces, they both have tremendous work ethic, they both know how to get rid of the smell of Indian food, and they both know, understand, and support Rory unconditionally. If Rory is biologically determined to marry one of her parents, let it be Lorelai. I think Rory’s relationship with Logan felt deeper sometimes because they shared a lot of sins together, the dropping out, the break with Lorelai, defecting to the DAR and all that, and all of that messiness is an important part of mature relationships. But ultimately, I think you should be with the person who brings out your best you. Rory certainly did that for Jess and he credited her for that. Jess did that for Rory, leading her out of the Gilmore house and back to school and back to her mother. He never stood in the way of her dreams, whether it was to go to Harvard or Yale or to be an overseas correspondent even though he knew he wasn’t on that track because he knew she was best when she was pursuing what she wanted. Logan was content to be with Rory when she was at her worst because, like he said, it was her decision, but to me, I don’t know, that’s not partnership. I hope the reboot allows him to redeem himself because everyone makes mistakes when they’re young that they grow from, and I hope he grew from his, but if Rory were to go back to an ex, I think it would be best to go to one who knew her from the very beginning, who failed in a lot of ways, but never intentionally failed her, who took her seriously and could call her out when she was selling herself short, just like she did to him. Of course, Rory will get her happy ending no matter who she ends up with, but Jess is really only part of the story inasmuch as he’s connected to Rory, and the character just always spoke to me as an interesting, sympathetic character who seems so shortchanged in love, for not being in his mom’s top two, for the girls he likes not giving a damn about him, for having to bargain with his dad to let him crash on his couch because he has “NOTHING”–I kind of really wish for him a happy ending.

• March 15, 2016 at 8:47 pm

@Carsan Totally agree!! Lorelai and Jess are really look-alike! It always makes me sad when people overlook his bad side. He’s really broken and messed-up when he first arrives on Stars Hollow. He loves Rory but not himself which made a lot of things difficult for their relationship, but he grows up and he thanks Rory for that. Such a sad and vulnerable character with his own storyline developed in such an interesting way and able to see Rory in a different angle. I’m hoping for a happy ending too, no matter if it’s with Rory or not but I’m rooting for them! Also, I’d love see Lorelai and Jess getting along.

I like the LDB, think they’re funny. Logan is okay, I don’t like the blue-blood/ rich guy thing but whatever…

• March 20, 2016 at 5:36 am

Carsan, that post described perfectly the way I feel about Rory with Jess versus Rory with Logan. I’m team Jess, although I’ll just be tickled pink in general to have the four episodes, no matter what.

• March 21, 2016 at 7:56 am

What if the last scene is a double wedding and the final four words are Lorelai and Rory both saying “I do”

• Pingback: Jared Padalecki Video in Stars Hollow – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: Matt Czuchry on the Gilmore Girls Set – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: Rory Visits Chilton in New Gilmore Girls: Seasons – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• April 7, 2016 at 12:50 pm

ASP, please finish this revival with Jess & Rory together! That is the best ending. Not Logan and Rory! As far as others saying that Lorelai and Luke together makes Jess & Rory cousins, that is a ton of horse poop. Jess and Rory met as teens not as babies.
    Luke & Lorelai
    Jess & Rory
    Please!!!!
    P.S, why does Jason return at all? Is it just to give his condolences for Richard’s passing?

• Pingback: Set Photo Provides Major Spoiler – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• April 15, 2016 at 3:07 pm

@Carsan best comment ever, soooo true everything. #teamjessforever and yeah, he is like Loreali :)

• Pingback: Tanc Sade Says Return to Gilmore Girls is Emotional and Hilarious – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: Nick Holmes Goes Behind the Scenes of the Life & Death Brigade – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• June 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm

I don’t know if it’s been confirmed that the gangs getting back together for an actual stunt. So what if the life and death brigade are getting together for logan and Rory’s wedding? I mean them getting married would make the most sense. Logan is in all four episodes, while Jess is only in three. plus they’re a perfect match. Both Rory and Logan play off of each other so well with they’re witty banter. We’ve seen how Jess wasn’t emotionally there for her, was rude to the whole town, and got angry when he wanted to have sex but Rory didn’t. Sure he grew up and wrote a book, but we have no idea if his new found maturity extends to the relationship side of things. Rory never said I love you to Jess, and they were together for the shortest amount of time. Basically Jess is the scum on the bottom of my shoe.

• October 16, 2016 at 10:50 pm

I got the sense that Logan was in all four as well there been a lot of indications of that, and while we don’t know which three Jess is in the fact that he’s not in for might speak to a lot , especially when Logan is in all of them. Putting that aside things would be less explainable about some of Tanc’s hints that Finn’s in Stars Hollow at some point… why would he be there if it were something related to Rory and Logan… I mean it could be he friends with both, but what specifically would bring Finn and Logan to Stars Hollow at seemingly different points based on hints.

Rory seemed to get the closure needed with Jess in Season 6 when she considered paying Logan back for the bridesmaids but couldn’t follow through. At the end that spoke volumes about Rory’s feeling for both Jess and Logan. Things don’t add up so much for Jess, I’ve see few if any hints that Jess spends any of his time in Stars Hollow even if he does not of those hints (back scene photo) show him specifically with Alexis that could be a hint of anything scene related.

• July 10, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I am hoping like many for a Rory/Logan engagement/marriage but putting aside my biggest hope in watching the revival, is it possible that Richard Gilmore was in fact, a member of the Life and Death Brigade? It is true that the revival will deal with Richard’s death, so if the boys have not been reunited for an engagement, wedding, etc., perhaps Rory discovers while going through her grandfather’s things, that he was a member, and she asks Logan and the gang to honor him, “Life and Death Brigade” style. It is plausible as he may have asked Logan to keep his secret, not wanting Rory to know about it all. I am speculating like the rest of you, and this might be the reason for the cast to come together.

• August 11, 2016 at 12:01 pm

I like your theory. Also crossing fingers for a Rory/Logan wedding. Here’s the way I see it: that relationship was handled terribly by the end after everything they’d been through together. It really wouldn’t make sense to bring them back together to not have them end up together again!

• Pingback: Gilmore Girls Rogan??? – Beam and Gleam