Gregg Henry to Return as Mitchum Huntzberger

Gregg Henry recently confirmed on Twitter that he will be reprising his role as Mitchum Huntzberger, Logan’s dad, on the Netflix Gilmore Girls revival, Gilmore Girls: Season. And it seems like he may return with a bit of controversy!

When asked if he would be returning to Gilmore Girls, Gregg answered:

“I think so…Mitchum has a few more notes for Rory…”

Mitchum has never been a well-loved character on Gilmore Girls, being critical of Rory for not being good enough for his son Logan and also telling her she “don’t got it,” the spark or talent for journalism. Thankfully, Rory didn’t listen to him, and indeed proved him wrong! Indeed, by Season 7 he had seen the error of his ways – perhaps seeing her finally own up to her true self, instead of trying to be a good assistant as we saw during the time she worked for him.

Gilmore girls gregg henry

I wonder what Mitchum could be criticizing Rory for now?!

For a full list of cast returning to Gilmore Girls, as well as guest stars, check out my list – updated daily!

10 thoughts on “Gregg Henry to Return as Mitchum Huntzberger

• February 21, 2016 at 6:38 pm

I really hope we don’t see him in more than one. I really want to see the back of the Huntzburgers. I hope Rory isn’t working for him.

• February 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm

He is probably mad because of a story she wrote concerning his one of his businesses.

• February 22, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Mitchum Huntzberger is the unsung hero of Gilmore Girls. Rory had to learn to face criticism eventually.

• February 23, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I’m excited to see Mitchum, and I don’t see him as big of a jerk as to many successful business people (i.e Anna Wintour). However i won’t get my hopes up for #teamLogan, because this really couldn’t mean much and I don’t want to be disappointed.

• June 11, 2016 at 6:04 am

I do tend to think that Mitchum (how did they EVER come up with that name?) may have said what he said to Rory simply to see whether Rory had any fight in her. He wanted to see if she truly was committed to being a journalist and whether she had the guts to tell a prominent person in the journalism field that he was wrong and stand up to him. When she did take his comments to heart and ended up taking time off from her studies at Yale, Rory soon learned how much she still wanted to be a journalist. Hob-nobbling with the snobby DAR ladies just wasn’t for her! Mitchum does eventually admit that he was wrong about Rory and even commended her for sticking to her guns and following through with becoming a journalist. So….perhaps Mitchum knew what he was doing all along?

• June 11, 2016 at 6:14 am

I know this is about Gregg Henry, but is there anybody else here who simply loves the character, Kirk, as much as I do? He’s so quirky, yet so lovable! I just love him!! He’s so funny and he gives the show an edgy feel and puts a different spin on the story line. It seems there’s someone like him in every small town, I guess; someone who is a bit “out there”. I think it would be a real “trip” to play a role like that. Anybody else out there care to comment?

• June 14, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I have to say that everything Mitchum said to work during her work preformance review was very true. Instead of taking the constructive criticism and deciding to work and change it and grow as a person, Rory decided to act like a brat.
    A journalist needs to be competitive, confindent, and take initiative and charge of situations.
    Rory didn’t do any of those things while at the paper.
    In one episode Rory literally had to be told to come into a meeting because she was just standing at the door unsure of what to do and also lets not forget the previous episode where a door was closed in Rory’s face during a meeting and she didn’t have the confidence to open it and walk in.
    Mitchum was also very truthful in pointing out that she was a very good assistant as that was really all she was doing while at the paper.
    She is a very good writer but like I said before, doesn’t take charge and just does what people ask her to do. I mean she could of at least wrote an article while working there and present it to him.

• September 7, 2016 at 5:02 am

Maybe Rory is investigating corruption in Mitchum’s businesses, and lands him in jail. I can dream, can’t I?

• December 10, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Thank you so much for this information. You have given my brain a real workout and I am grateful. I love intelligent content that is so well written. Good job.