Paul Anka to Return to Gilmore Girls

It’s the casting news you’ve been waiting for! Well, maybe not exactly, but I am excited to share with you that Paul Anka will be returning to Gilmore Girls!

Paul Anka joined Lorelai’s household in season 6. Given that he was not a puppy at the time, it left many wondering if he would still be around (sniff), so we are happy about this news!

No confirmation if Paula Anka will be played by the same dog “actor.”

UPDATE: Paul Anka will be played by a new “actor,” according to Lauren Graham.

FYI it’s Sparky, the “actor” who first played Paul Anka. He’s 14 now and doesn’t hear very well but he’s a good doggy.

8 thoughts on “Paul Anka to Return to Gilmore Girls

• February 16, 2016 at 4:31 pm

This is hilarious. Lorelai couldn’t keep a turtle alive that was supposed to out-live her but her crazy dog has lived to around 120. I always liked Paul Anka. Some people I think found the silliness of the dog a bit much but for me he was a funny spark in otherwise rather poor last two seasons. He was like Lorelai – quirky. A true Stars Hollow dog.

• February 16, 2016 at 5:47 pm

The pets in GG were all horrible distractions. All they did was make their owners look pathetic. There is not a single one that enhanced any character at any point in seven seasons. This is one area I could do without. They should bring back every human actor possible and no non-humans.

• February 16, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Actually when Paul Anka was around that meant you didn’t always need Kirk to bring out the quirk, and PA did have a few bits I kind of liked [sugartoes, the car door wizard, pizza/salad, doggie swami]. There were a few other animals who served a useful purpose, like the pup who got Richard and Emily talking again, the Bracebridge dinner horses, and the cats/kittens who were Babette and Morey’s surrogate kids. Of course Kirk and any animal was a disaster [sometimes funny, sometime aggrevating] waiting for a time and place to happen.

• February 17, 2016 at 10:58 am

Now I’m gonna be bummed if Bert the Toolbox doesn’t make an appearance.

• February 17, 2016 at 11:21 am

I agree with Wonder Y. Bring back the humans (like Sookie and Jackson!) and forget the animals. I love animals but if we have to choose, they were not significant enough to bring back.

• Pingback: Actors Confirmed to Return to Gilmore Girls – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: Meet the Stars Hollow Piglet – Gilmore News – Gilmore Girls Community

• March 31, 2016 at 5:59 am

I agree with rich, bring back Bert!