The upcoming Gilmore Girls revival for Netflix, currently filming now through June 30th, includes 4 90-minute episodes, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. The series, tentatively titled Gilmore Girls: Seasons has brought back together many Gilmore Girls actors whom we’ve all come to know and love.
Gilmore Girls Revival: Who Are We Missing?
As of today, there are 25 returning actors for Gilmore Girls: Seasons, but that does leave us with a long list of missing characters. Of course, this doesn’t mean that these actors will not be returning to Gilmore Girls for the reboot, simply that we don’t yet know one way or the other yet. Even for those who have had a lot of media attention, such as Melissa McCarthy, we can always hold out hope that they will join the returning cast.
Right now, the most notably absent of actors and characters include:
- Edward Herrmann as Richard Gilmore – Edward passed away in 2015 and his character’s death will be a main focus of the first episode
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James – Melissa says she was not invited, though Amy Sherman-Palladino previously expressed interest in having her for even a short role, perhaps assuming her schedule was too busy
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Luke’s Sister, Liz Danes – Kathleen has also publicly noted she was not invited back, hinting perhaps at a falling-out
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Belleville – it would make sense that if Sookie were absent from Stars Hollow, so too would her husband be
- Alan Loayza as Colin McCrae – Given news that Tanc Sade will be returning as Finn, perhaps it’s reasonable to hope for other players in the Life & Death Brigade?
- Ted Rooney as Morey Dell – we have confirmation that Babette will be back, but not yet her husband
- Sebastian Bach as Gil – with all current members of Hep Alien back (Keiko Agena, John Cabrera and Todd Lowe), we have been eagerly awaiting a response from Sebastian as to his involvement (he is open to the idea)
- Biff Yeager as Tom – Stars Hollow needs its contractor!
- Michael DeLuise as T.J. – given the possible estrangement between Kathleen Wilhoite and those involved in Gilmore Girls, perhaps no Liz means no T.J.?
- Chris Eigeman as Jason Stiles – is his storyline complete? His last appearance was in Season 4
- Adam Brody as Dave Rygalski – there are many interested in Adam Brody’s return to Gilmore Girls, serving as the original member of Hep Alien. Could he be back in the band?
- Sherilyn Fenn as Anna Nardini – with the confirmation of the return of Luke’s daughter April, played by Vanessa Marano, this isn’t entirely unlikely
- Gregg Henry as Mitchum Huntzberger – we have Logan back, thanks to Matt Czuchry, so perhaps his dad will follow too?
- Wayne Wilcox as Marty – although Marty’s storyline seems complete, Wayne himself thinks Marty is a strong contender for Rory’s hand
As you can imagine, there are a lot of additional characters who played major roles in Gilmore Girls throughout the series, the question remains whether they can be integrated back into the revival or whether their plot lines were completed already. Of course, you could continue the list in so many ways… if the Life & Death Brigade members are back, what about other university friends? Lucy (Krysten Ritter), Tana (Olivia Hack) or Olivia (Michelle Ongkingco)? The list goes on.
Who do you think is likely to return? Who else is missing from the above list that you expect back?