David Sutcliffe to Return to Gilmore Girls

For all of you Christopher fans, it looks like he’ll be back! David Sutcliffe made this comment on Twitter about his return to Gilmore Girls: Season, the revival that just began filming for Netflix.

I wonder if the words of the tweet are an indication that Christopher is back purely as “Dad,” not as someone set to disrupt the flow of life again?!

6 thoughts on “David Sutcliffe to Return to Gilmore Girls

• February 5, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Seems like in the context of things he needs to have some “minor’ presence, but certsinly not as a major disruptor. If you are going to have Chris back you might as well fill the boat and bring Jason back [maybe as the new CEO of Richard’s firm??] as well.

• February 6, 2016 at 9:21 am

Cool. Particularly if he comes back as “early” Christopher (although I think it was season 7 that he really did badly out of).

• February 6, 2016 at 4:07 pm

You gotta have Christopher there – he’s an integral part of this story.

• February 9, 2016 at 9:58 am

I’m with Regis, there’d be a noticeable hole without Christopher, although that holds true for most of the cast.

• March 25, 2016 at 11:03 am

1×15 – “Christopher Returns” is one of the standout episodes of the series for me. I love the family dynamic at play and it was the only time we got to see the Haydens. I love the moment in Richard’s study between Lorelai and Richard and the scene with Emily and Rory in the kitchen. You can just feel all the hurt and emotion that everyone was trying to keep below the surface. I think the chemistry between David and Lauren is palpable and refreshing and it was the “metallica are way more substantial than the offspring” fight they had that sealed this ship for me and I’ve been rooting for them ever since. I know I’m in the minority, but to me Chris and Lorelai got each other in a way that Luke never would or could.

• April 16, 2016 at 7:18 am

Chris should return and be with Lorelai. They belong together since they were kids. I love their storyline and their love for each other. Luke and Lorelai is not a good mix. It’s so dull!