Matt Czuchry Confirmed to Return as Logan Huntzberger

A couple of days ago, Gilmore Girls creator, writer and director Amy Sherman-Palladino hinted that she was hoping to get all of Rory’s men back in her life (see the post for her dating status), but that the budget was proving restrictive for one of the men. We don’t know which one, but we do have the first confirmation. Of the three actors who were Rory’s “men” in the show, the first confirmation we have is Matt Czuchry, who played Logan Huntzberger.

With storylines written for all three men, we have the first one confirmed to be for Logan. Where do you think we’ll see Logan come into play? A short walk-on for Richard’s funeral? Or something more?

“Team Logan” is all going crazy online, as you would expect. It’s pretty exciting news.

So, this now leaves Milo Ventimiglia and Jared Padalecki as unknown for Rory’s “men.” Team Jess and Team Dean: chime in!!

17 thoughts on “Matt Czuchry Confirmed to Return as Logan Huntzberger

• February 5, 2016 at 11:27 am

I’m team Jess all the way!

• February 5, 2016 at 5:27 pm

#TeamJess all the way for me!

• February 6, 2016 at 9:20 am

On returns in general: any word yet on Danny Strong?

• February 6, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Not yet!

• February 9, 2016 at 9:22 am

Jess needs to be with Rory for sure!!!

• February 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Looove it, Team Logan. Jess was alwasy a major jerk to everyone but rory other than that and sharing a love for reading with Rory which makes him “deep” hes just some punk with an attitude problem. Sure Logan has flaws but his character was a far more complex character than Jess’ and was much more consistant and stable than Jess ever was. Team Logan all the way

• February 21, 2016 at 3:46 pm

For me Jess was a far ore complex and interesting character. Logan was a character who’d been before – Tristan, and he wasn’t altogether too interesting. He was even blonde. Logan was a spoilt, drunken brat, who somehow thought he was hard done to because Mummy and Daddy actually expect him to grow up and take some responsibility. If he didn’t like it he should have grown a pair and told them what he wanted to with his own life. What gets me though is that he actually enjoyed London and working for his father, the life that was “forced on him”.
    Jess didn’t really have a chance to show how much he matured. Jess was 17/18 when he and Rory dated. Logan was in his twenties and acted like a child. Logan was all wrong for Rory. If he and Rory end up together, it would be the worst thing for the revival. The fact is, its not just about how the characters were together but also about what each of them wanted out of life. I feel sure Logan would be successful now, he was that sort of character. But I think he would have and would want a different lifestyle to Rory. Rory is not Mrs Huntzbuger, not at 22, not at 30. She’s a journalist. Out of three, Jess in the end would have been the best balance for Rory. More ambitious, it would seem than Dean but perhaps more grounded than Logan. I’d like to Logan and Dean mature and happy but I don’t want either of them with Rory. Only Jess for me.

• February 23, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Somebody on another forum once commented that Jess is too introverted for Rory and I have to agree. He operates in a very niche lifestyle. Rory is a participator of life (as show in the latter seasons) as is Logan. Without going too deeply into why I think they’re well-matched, I’ll just point out the Martha Vineyard episode where she referred to Logan as “the one” and also she was one word away from being engaged to him. She said no to marriage, not no to Logan.

#TeamLogan

• February 29, 2016 at 3:24 am

I’m team Logan. Yeah, in the beginning he was a bit rash and “young”, but out of the 3, he was the best for Rory. He challenged her and stimulated her mentally and physically. Yes, he was a jerk when jealous or when he was pulling against the reigns of his father, but weren’t they all at some point (jerks that is)? Sorry Jared, but love you as Sammy though and still can’t wait to see you in Stars Hollow!

• April 8, 2016 at 6:13 am

I think each man was right for her, during their time. Because all the relationships involved fairly young people, they were all pretty emotionally charged. And they involved a lot of maturing and “learning who you are” periods. I think Rory learned a lot from, and grew a lot because of, them all. And while arguments could be made for any of the guys (they really all had their pros and cons), I see Rory as someone incredibly smart who continued to grow and evolve, and therefore I see her with someone completely new. Someone who has the best traits of each, coupled with the maturity they all really lacked. Though we haven’t seen them for years, if we’re to believe time has gone on in Stars Hollow, I think it makes sense to believe it’s probable that someone as lovely and likable as Rory would have continued to date. I realize that’s not so great for the show’s nostalgia and its shippers (and trust me, I have my fave too), but I think it makes more sense in regards to Rory’s personality/development. Plus, wouldn’t you love to see the man who has the best of Dean, Jess and Logan? :)

• April 16, 2016 at 7:16 am

#TEAMLOGAN ALL THE WAY! I would LOVE to see Logan and Rory be together. They belong together. Jess is history. That storyline is boring! Logan and Rory have exciting adventures together and they are the right couple for each other.
    Also, I think Lorelai and Chris should be together. It’s boring times with Luke. It’s just not exciting!
    #TEAMLOGANandRORY #TEAMCHRISandLORELAI

• June 13, 2016 at 12:54 pm

I am team LOGAN . In the beginning I didn’t like him . I was stuck on dean but as the show went on I grew to like Logan . I couldn’t think of a better guy for Rory other than LOGAN HUNTZBERGER. I NEVER liked jess . He was always a jerk to Rory . He left her several times . He even told her that he loved her and then drove off . If you really loved someone don’t you think that you would have stayed around not just leave . Logan on the other hand was so nice and kind to Rory .He was there for her when she needed him . Logan all the way around .

• September 11, 2016 at 7:38 am

I am team LOGAN ALL THE WAY! – Logan and Rory they are a real good match, She is smart and funny and he stimulated in all her aspects, spoiled her love her and admit his mistakes, they have a great communication and this help them to grow together . Love to see Logan and Rory together!.

• September 13, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I root for Logan all the way which Btw was Tristan in the beginning!!!! I like him as Logan better though….he rocks!!!

• October 30, 2016 at 9:59 pm

TEAM LOGAN 4 LIFE! <3

He just love her so damn much!! And so does she!
    They were really young back then but now is the perfect timing!

I root for logan all the way!