Lauren Graham to Host The Late Late Show on Thursday night!

Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore) will be guest hosting The Late Late Show tomorrow (Wednesday) night. (edit) on Thursday night!   CBS lists Ray Romano, Busy Philipps and Tom Papa as her guests, nestled nicely between Matthew Perry on Tuesday and Jimmy Kimmel on Friday.

The show airs at 12:35am ET / 11:35 CT, catch it when convenient.

Was Lauren ever on The Daily Show?  I always that would have been appropriate, after she enjoyed it so much that night at Digger’s place…

pre-jacuzzi

ABC also announced this week that Lauren will be one of the many celebs appearing on their new show Repeat After Me. The show is produced by Ellen DeGeneres and will be based on her hidden camera bit, where the celeb has to repeat what Ellen communicates through the celeb’s secret earpiece. Wendi McLendon-Covey will be fronting the show and I can’t help think that Wendi will have Ellen talking into her earpiece.

Other celebrity participants will include Ellen Pompeo (Meredith from Grey’s Anatomy), Justin Bieber and Michael Bolton. So naturally, ABC promises ‘high-energy, comedic hidden-camera situations’.  Stay tuned Tuesdays at 8:30pm ET.

With Parenthood done and dusted, it’s great to see Lauren getting more air time . Hopefully we’ll see more of her soon, if the Ellen DeGeneres-produced project Kate on Later comes to fruition.

Pop-Quiz: Which Amy Heckerling-directed movie did Lorelai watch post Daily Show, pre-vanilla-scented jacuzzi?

Pic c/o TheWB

Rich

Rich originally began contributing to GIlmore News as 'Dairyman' in 2013, a reference to the character Dairyman Dick in Tess of the D'Urbervilles, (call me Rich). Here in the UK we were late to the Gilmore party and I don't remember what made me watch my first episode - the one where Lorelai picks Rory up from the police station after she and Logan steal a yacht - but I remember watching it again immediately. And then again. Thankfully, the next show was on the next day and I watched that one three times too. And then the boat one again. I couldn't believe the dialogue was so quick and so funny and I pretended to myself that I was only watching it so I could figure out who I was more keen on - the mom or the daughter. I swore that Aaron Sorkin must have been involved but I couldn't find his name attached anywhere, even on the internet. So I watched and loved and laughed and cried and the day after the series finale, they ran the entire show from the beginning again and Rory turned into a baby so then I was all about Lorelai. Lauren Graham is astonishing ("Mother: Breathtaking") and the show was - and is - lightning in a bottle. It's a treasure for those who watch and get swept up in it, like I did and like the readers of Gilmore News. It's heartbreak and chicken soup, family dysfunction and blind optimism, lighthearted romanticism and balls-out brilliant. Thanks to Arieanna and gilmorenews.com for letting me squat and allowing my inner Gilmore Geek out for air. I worry how it would otherwise manifest.

14 thoughts on “Lauren Graham to Host The Late Late Show on Thursday night!

• February 17, 2015 at 11:52 am

Just out of interest, to see if anyone’s on the same wavelength as me, does anyone see the link between one of the guest stars on Repeat After Me – and Taylor Swift?

• February 17, 2015 at 5:21 pm

ELLEN POMPEO – MEREDITH FROM GA

TAYLOR SWIFT – MEREDITH THE CAT !

(TOO MUCH TIME ON THE WEB :)

• February 18, 2015 at 11:26 am

Ever think about becoming a private eye, Regis? One point for you. Of course her other cat is named Olivia Benson after the detective on Law & Order SVU.

Man. I have GOT to get out more.

• February 19, 2015 at 10:01 am

Rats, they must have shifted the schedule as “the other guy” on the Odd Couple was there Wednesdy PM to push the upcoming show.

Let’s see, if AH was the director does that imply the movie has to be “Fast Times …”??

• February 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Indeed, the schedule was shifted and the site now says Thursday Feb 19 – tonight!

And yes, that Judge Reinhold classic, Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

• February 21, 2015 at 1:11 am

Thank YOU! Did you catch the show?

• February 21, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Yes actually- do you want a summary or want to wait to stream it and see it fresh yourself? For the most part it was pretty good–

• February 23, 2015 at 12:14 am

Any personal higlights or GG related asides?

• February 23, 2015 at 9:59 am

The down side is LG had a bad cold bordering on pneumonia and was a bit medicated which affected her voice and may have rushed her timing a bit. However, still a very professional “the show must go on vibe” hitting all the lines and marks. Additionally, there here was a questionable fasion choice that while I’m sure was comfortable, made a repeat of the Janet Jackson incident look possible and was a running bit over the entire show.

Opening monologue was exactly what you would have wanted for SNL and hit all the right notes: the ending of parenthood [nice polite applause], shoutout to gilmore girls [nice louder applause] , Bad Santa zinger [the incident that set pops to the shrink],and alternate titles for her book [do you want fries with that burger??]. There also was the shoutout to fans who keep asking about a Gilmore reunion [I haven’y head anything, but if they don’t hurry it will need to be renamed “Gilmore Grannies”!! Then in granny voice “Rory, help me find my walker so we can go to the town meeting!!].

The discussions with the guests was reasonable if predictable and sounded like old home week with a few friends. However it seemed rushed with very little time to breathe between comments. Made Gilmore’s pace look leisurely by comparison. Nothing terribly new or interesting there–

• February 23, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Rich, she did mention Gilmore Girls in her beginning intro! She said people still ask her if there will ever be a GG movie made and she said she tells them that she’s not sure, but if they don’t do it soon it will have to be called “Gilmore Grannies,” lol.

The whole show was pretty good, although seemed a bit awkward at times (I’m blaming it on her possible pneumonia). Hope you can watch it soon!

• February 24, 2015 at 9:45 am

Thank you, you two!!

There’s no way Lorelai would have a walker though. Maybe an electric trike. Hot pink, naturally.

Ha! I was just picturing Jess, Dean and Logan on a three-person bike :O)

• February 24, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Or better yet, banded together on three unicycles in a three way tug of war, pedalling like crazy, and going absolutely nowhere.

• March 3, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Haha, I picture Taylor and Kirk riding a double bike together. I always imagined Kirk to be the next Taylor, though more Kuirk-y, lol.