Alexis Bledel and the Sisterhood Re-Unite!

Santorini! Good times...Alexis Bledel (Rory Gilmore), America Ferreira and Blake Lively threw a surprise bachelorette party earlier this week for their fourth Sister of the Traveling Pants, Amber Tamblyn.

As reported by Wonderwall, the aptly-named Lively lured the soon-to-be-wed Tamblyn into a cab, blindfolded her and took her to the airport.

In Tamblyn’s words:

‘I felt all of these hands pulling me out of the car. I’m like, ‘OK, I’m going to be beheaded.’ … And it was America and Alexis. They had all surprised me and put this whole trip together to New Orleans.’

Blake Lively also threw a surprise party when America Ferreira got married, whereas she herself held a secret wedding ceremony.  So, with three Sisters wed, there’s only one left… so no pressure, Alexis.

It’s been 9 years since the first movie and the bond between these gals seems as strong as ever.  Wouldn’t you love friends like these?  Did you enjoy The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants, the books, the sequel?  Whose bachelorette party would be more fun – Lorelai’s or Rory’s?  And the elephant in the room… how long until Alexis ties the knot?

Source: http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/blake-lively-ambushed-sisterhood-co-star-for-bachelorette-party-1778067.story

Rich

Rich originally began contributing to GIlmore News as 'Dairyman' in 2013, a reference to the character Dairyman Dick in Tess of the D'Urbervilles, (call me Rich). Here in the UK we were late to the Gilmore party and I don't remember what made me watch my first episode - the one where Lorelai picks Rory up from the police station after she and Logan steal a yacht - but I remember watching it again immediately. And then again. Thankfully, the next show was on the next day and I watched that one three times too. And then the boat one again. I couldn't believe the dialogue was so quick and so funny and I pretended to myself that I was only watching it so I could figure out who I was more keen on - the mom or the daughter. I swore that Aaron Sorkin must have been involved but I couldn't find his name attached anywhere, even on the internet. So I watched and loved and laughed and cried and the day after the series finale, they ran the entire show from the beginning again and Rory turned into a baby so then I was all about Lorelai. Lauren Graham is astonishing ("Mother: Breathtaking") and the show was - and is - lightning in a bottle. It's a treasure for those who watch and get swept up in it, like I did and like the readers of Gilmore News. It's heartbreak and chicken soup, family dysfunction and blind optimism, lighthearted romanticism and balls-out brilliant. Thanks to Arieanna and gilmorenews.com for letting me squat and allowing my inner Gilmore Geek out for air. I worry how it would otherwise manifest.

9 thoughts on “Alexis Bledel and the Sisterhood Re-Unite!

• October 22, 2013 at 10:58 am

Alexis is engaged too

• October 22, 2013 at 11:39 am

The full article is from EW and is very entertaining. It doesn’t appear to be online right now but scans are here:

I don’t read fiction but I enjoyed the SOTP movies. They have great chemistry together and I would watch them together regardless of plot. I recommend getting the DVDs because some of the extras are as fun as the movie itself.

I have this horrible feeling that Alexis has not found the right guy. I hope either I’m wrong or they don’t go through with it. It’s just that from thousands of miles away I don’t get the impression that they make each other better.

• October 22, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Read the EW article as well. Mostly interesting though nothing really new except the backstory on AT’s bachlorette party. The timeline on that also sounded like it occured quite a while back, not in the last few weeks. To me most interesting part of the interview is the relative pecking order where AB defers and does as little of the talking as possible [could fit all her parts within a tweet]. Guess some things never change.

The mag itself was a yearly Entertainment Weekly “Reunion” special pulling together a disparate group of entertainment vehicles, most of which might have been considering long-shots to succeed at the time of first production, but now have a ever growing backlog of well known stars. Included X-Files, Frasier, Hart to Hart, Waltons, Boy Meets World from TV; Mystic Pizza, Do the Right Thing, School of Rock, and Sisterhood from the movies, and Wicked from Theater. The other thing to note is the marriage of commerce and nostalgia as most of the folks listed currently have projects to promote.

I read the four Sisterhood books after seeing the first movie [which was based mostly on the first book and a quarter]. Actually was glad I saw the movie first since there were some obvious changes from the source material to make it more commercially acceptable. Both versions worked quite well, but it would have been distracting to note what was missing. The second movie took even more liberties with the content and timelines and was significantly weaker and questionably edited. Seemed like it was thrown together too quickly to take advantage of the leading lady status of the quartet, particularly BL and AF.

I would want to read the source material for the fifth book before deciding whether to see the movie if ever made. One gets the feeling that this has been tossed into the social media as a trial baloon to get some feedback on the feasibility of considering advancing the project.

• October 22, 2013 at 11:45 pm

@wonder y
    Well Im no fan of that Alexis/Milo tandem not even a bit but I simply (likewise) don’t really like Vince Kartheiser for Alexis… from the way VK talks & acts or even when he’s looking/staring, way too creepy & eccentric – sorry I just don’t have even some good vibes on him. Mind you that Im even wishing that Alexis would prolong her engagement thing that eventually that she would eventually/then realized that VK is still not the one for her to marry.

• October 23, 2013 at 3:58 am

In their EW interview, Amber, America & Blake keeps on babbling / gushing their own engagements & weddings even if its all over and done w/… while Alexis’ supposed to be “on-going engagement &/or upcoming wedding”, there’s “nothing, na-da” mentioned in the said interview – duh-huh… really?!

• October 24, 2013 at 9:34 am

Congrats to Amber and if Alexis ever decides to jump the broom I hope the “Sisterhood” Girls (talkin’ to you Blake) decide to hold the bacherlorette bash in Montreal. Sexy, sophisticated city with a cool International vibe and plenty of OOH-LA-LA for everybody! Ladis, check http://www.montrealnitelifetours.com for tasty packages and great ideas and don’t forget to pack those passports.

• October 29, 2013 at 11:47 am

Nice plug, wmb ;O) gilmorenews gets a cut, right?

Wow, I can’t remember the last time I read a real magazine, they cut out so much for the web version! Man, the attention span of the internet is so – ooh pretty colours

• Pingback: In Development! Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 3 — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• May 7, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Guess I’ll just comment here, since the dialog box for the new post on this topic is missing. Not sure if it’s my computer or something quirky with the site.

Don’t know that my original comment from 6-8 months ago has really changed. Still would want to read the source material as the sequel was weaker than the initial movie and they shifted quite a few things around and clearly rushed the project [AT complained loudly about this after the fact]. Kind of makes it a bit tricky for the original author to write a book 5 just to make a movie unless this is accounted for.

Let’s see, the sequel was shot in 2007 and shown in 2008. Gilmore also wrapped in 2007. No real queston which project I would rather see an update for, but guess we will take what we can get.

It of course would be crazy to make a third movie unless they had the buy in from all four principals and a storyline that was interesting and not just routine. The description here kind of stikes me as ‘meh’.