Lauren Graham’s Book Countdown! Are you a True Graham Cracker?

Lauren Graham’s debut novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe is officially released one week from today, on April 30th.  On May 3rd, she’ll be in New York at the Random House Open House in the morning, then at Union Square Barnes & Noble in the evening.

the author-to-be, Lorelai Gilmore - I mean - Lauren Graham

I don’t know what they’ve done to her eyes in that picture but anyway, looks like tickets are still available for the Open House and if you need it in print, Nookbook, Kindle, or audiobook, there’s this thing called the internet.  Or better still, support your friendly neighbourhood bookstore, if you still have one.

How hardcore a Graham Cracker are you?  Have you pre-ordered the hardcover version AND the audiobook (unabridged and read by Lauren herself)?  Have you booked your vacation around both Barnes & Noble appearances, in NY and LA?  Can you spell ‘restraining order’?

I’m plumping for the audio version because a) at the speed she talks, it’ll be quicker than reading it myself and b) it’ll be like she’s reading me to sleep every night.  Night night, crazy Lorelai lady.  How about a trilogy next?

(Bonus! Through the magic of The Facebook, pre-ordering can bag you an autographed bookplate and an invitation to a video chat with Lauren on SSM Eve, April 29th.)

Thanks to the Sophie Kinsella for the RH heads up.  With friends like those…

Rich originally began contributing to GIlmore News as 'Dairyman' in 2013, a reference to the character Dairyman Dick in Tess of the D'Urbervilles, (call me Rich). Here in the UK we were late to the Gilmore party and I don't remember what made me watch my first episode - the one where Lorelai picks Rory up from the police station after she and Logan steal a yacht - but I remember watching it again immediately. And then again. Thankfully, the next show was on the next day and I watched that one three times too. And then the boat one again. I couldn't believe the dialogue was so quick and so funny and I pretended to myself that I was only watching it so I could figure out who I was more keen on - the mom or the daughter. I swore that Aaron Sorkin must have been involved but I couldn't find his name attached anywhere, even on the internet. So I watched and loved and laughed and cried and the day after the series finale, they ran the entire show from the beginning again and Rory turned into a baby so then I was all about Lorelai. Lauren Graham is astonishing ("Mother: Breathtaking") and the show was - and is - lightning in a bottle. It's a treasure for those who watch and get swept up in it, like I did and like the readers of Gilmore News. It's heartbreak and chicken soup, family dysfunction and blind optimism, lighthearted romanticism and balls-out brilliant. Thanks to Arieanna and for letting me squat and allowing my inner Gilmore Geek out for air. I worry how it would otherwise manifest.

13 thoughts on “Lauren Graham’s Book Countdown! Are you a True Graham Cracker?

• April 23, 2013 at 1:57 pm

SO EXCITED! I preordered the audio cd and the book months ago! Unfortunately, since I’m only 17 and live hours from NY and LA, I can’t attend any of her book signings. I’m super happy for all of my GrahamCracker friends who are getting the chance to meet Lauren, though!

• April 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm

would love to preorder but can’t get link to work. help.

• April 25, 2013 at 10:47 am

Thanks! Got the book!

• April 26, 2013 at 7:06 am

Maybe it’s time to start deleting all these extraneous comments that have nothing to add to the dialog?? All they do is “block” the last 5 legitimate comments??

• April 30, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Thanks mcityrk, I’ve cleaned house. Anyone read it yet? Anyone going to see the pretty lady in person?

• April 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Looking forward to the audiobook. I don’t normally do them, but I have some longish drives coming up that are perfect for them. I am not familiar with this Facebook thing that you mention.

• April 30, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Thanks for the house cleaning. Normally I just ignore this nonsense but it seems to be popping up more frequently lately. On another note, I’m listening to the early morning episodes of GG lately and notice ABCF is starting to push their “summer” menu with all kinds of new shows but nothing yet on BH. Heard anything definite on if/when it reappears?? Thanks-

• May 1, 2013 at 10:18 am

I think it’s an endemic problem with WordPress getting hit by spam recently… The Bunheads Twitterverse is still tweeting as if there’s no tomorrow so I’m thinking ‘no news is good news’. Speaking of Bunheads, I’ll post something shortly that’s better than you’d expect…

• May 2, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Just curious? How do these spammers find old links, many of them years old, to drop their nonsense messages to? Once again the continuity on any real topics are being hidden!

• June 12, 2013 at 4:46 am

This book is a must for any Gilmore Girls or Lauren Graham fan. Get the audiobook. You won’t regret it.

• Pingback: Lauren Graham signs deal with the Gilmore Girls network — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• September 3, 2013 at 11:40 am

I’m a slow reader and have been reading a Jilly Cooper novel for the past couple of months. However, I’ve finally started Lauren’s book and can see why it’s been picked up for TV. There’s clear potential in a Bridget Jones meets Cybill dramedy, the young actress attending accidentally hilarious callbacks amidst self-realisation and chick-lit romantic undertones. Casting will be crucial.