Lauren Graham’s Book Countdown! Are you a True Graham Cracker?

Lauren Graham’s debut novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe is officially released one week from today, on April 30th.  On May 3rd, she’ll be in New York at the Random House Open House in the morning, then at Union Square Barnes & Noble in the evening.

the author-to-be, Lorelai Gilmore - I mean - Lauren Graham

I don’t know what they’ve done to her eyes in that picture but anyway, looks like tickets are still available for the Open House and if you need it in print, Nookbook, Kindle, or audiobook, there’s this thing called the internet.  Or better still, support your friendly neighbourhood bookstore, if you still have one.

How hardcore a Graham Cracker are you?  Have you pre-ordered the hardcover version AND the audiobook (unabridged and read by Lauren herself)?  Have you booked your vacation around both Barnes & Noble appearances, in NY and LA?  Can you spell ‘restraining order’?

I’m plumping for the audio version because a) at the speed she talks, it’ll be quicker than reading it myself and b) it’ll be like she’s reading me to sleep every night.  Night night, crazy Lorelai lady.  How about a trilogy next?

(Bonus! Through the magic of The Facebook, pre-ordering can bag you an autographed bookplate and an invitation to a video chat with Lauren on SSM Eve, April 29th.)

Thanks to the Sophie Kinsella for the RH heads up.  With friends like those…

Comments

1. Katlyn says:

SO EXCITED! I preordered the audio cd and the book months ago! Unfortunately, since I’m only 17 and live hours from NY and LA, I can’t attend any of her book signings. I’m super happy for all of my GrahamCracker friends who are getting the chance to meet Lauren, though!

2. Evelyn says:

would love to preorder but can’t get link to work. help.

3. dairyman says:
  4. Evelyn says:

Thanks! Got the book!

5. mcityrk says:

Maybe it’s time to start deleting all these extraneous comments that have nothing to add to the dialog?? All they do is “block” the last 5 legitimate comments??

6. dairyman says:

Thanks mcityrk, I’ve cleaned house. Anyone read it yet? Anyone going to see the pretty lady in person?

7. Wonder Y says:

Looking forward to the audiobook. I don’t normally do them, but I have some longish drives coming up that are perfect for them. I am not familiar with this Facebook thing that you mention.

8. mcityrk says:

Thanks for the house cleaning. Normally I just ignore this nonsense but it seems to be popping up more frequently lately. On another note, I’m listening to the early morning episodes of GG lately and notice ABCF is starting to push their “summer” menu with all kinds of new shows but nothing yet on BH. Heard anything definite on if/when it reappears?? Thanks-

9. dairyman says:

I think it’s an endemic problem with WordPress getting hit by spam recently… The Bunheads Twitterverse is still tweeting as if there’s no tomorrow so I’m thinking ‘no news is good news’. Speaking of Bunheads, I’ll post something shortly that’s better than you’d expect…

10. mcityrk says:

Just curious? How do these spammers find old links, many of them years old, to drop their nonsense messages to? Once again the continuity on any real topics are being hidden!

11. Wonder Y says:

This book is a must for any Gilmore Girls or Lauren Graham fan. Get the audiobook. You won’t regret it.

12. Rich says:

I’m a slow reader and have been reading a Jilly Cooper novel for the past couple of months. However, I’ve finally started Lauren’s book and can see why it’s been picked up for TV. There’s clear potential in a Bridget Jones meets Cybill dramedy, the young actress attending accidentally hilarious callbacks amidst self-realisation and chick-lit romantic undertones. Casting will be crucial.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. […] book was released in April this year, adapted as a screenplay in June and now in August, has been bought […]