Melissa McCarthy Gets Oscar Nomination

Melissa McCarthy (Sookie on Gilmore Girls) has received an Oscar nomination as Best Supporting Actress for her role on Bridesmaids. Melissa, who won an Emmy for Lead Actress for Mike & Molly, has been getting a lot of attention this year. Of this nomination, Melissa said:

“I didn’t get up or anything. I just did not expect that. AT ALL! Hopefully I’m not nuts. At some point today, I’m having champagne, dammit!”

Melissa mccarthy bridesmaids

Not everyone thinks Melissa deserved the nomination – but WE DO!!

Comments

1. forg says:

I’m so proud of what our ‘Sookie’ accomplished! So happy for her. She deserves it!

2. Sandra says:

I think Melissa is a great talented beautiful actress!!! she deserves to win an Oscar!!!!! GO Melissa!! :)

3. Lynn says:

Wow, that’s amazing and I’m so happy for her! I hope she wins!

4. S says:

Itsnice to see a character in a movie like that get nominated. Melissa did wonderful. I’m really glad to see her

5. Heather says:

Please keep posting me and my friends love this website!

Hev :) x

6. Mina says:

Hi!
    Noticed you haven’t posted in a while, hope everything is ok.

7. regis says:
  8. Mina says:

Thank you Regis!

9. regis says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN GRAHAM (45)!

3/16/1967

10. Mina says:

I second what Regis said!

11. shred says:

No updates in 2 months? :(

12. regis says:

just to keep it going….an interview with alexis.

13. Taylor says:

I like the idea Regis had…I think we should post things ourselves to keep the site alive.
    I’m kind of upset that Amy Sherman Palladino is working on Bunheads for ABC.
    If she wants a gilmore girls movie, she can’t wait till the cast is gray in the hair.
    I wonder if she has a script written, thoughts?

14. Michelle says:

Hey ;) so sad that there are no updates, this site is really great for me, because in germany there is no side like this…..i hope everything is alright ;)

15. Mina says:

Yes, I agree, we should post things ourselves!
    And Taylor, I agree on Movie thoughts…

16. Taylor says:

Here is a link to recent photo’s of Alexis Bledel at the premiere of Regrets.
    Pics include Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore), and her Sisterhood costars Amber Tamblyn and America Ferrera.

17. Mina says:

Cool! (To Taylor) Thanks for posting!l

18. regis says:

so nice to see alexis with “grandma” again :)

19. Taylor says:

Thanks for enjoying! And, I love that they still keep in touch.
    Have people heard of or seen the HBO movie Game Change?
    I did not know till reading this article that Danny Strong, Doyle from GG, wrote the film adaptation.
    He mentions ASP briefly, “I think that Joss and Amy [Sherman-Pallandino] and Matt Weiner’s just a genius. I think actually all of them are geniuses. They’re just such monster talents.”

It’s amazing the talent that has come from GG.

20. Chrissie says:

Hey, guys – Thanks for the new posts! And Taylor – I think I remember seeing Danny Strong do a CNN interview when Game Change came out. i had to do a double take!

If I see anything pertinent to the site, I’ll be sure to post.

Thanks again, guys!

21. regis says:

Just happened to see this ad for Amy’s new series on ABCF. The picture of Sutton Foster at the top caught my eye.

Does it remind you (just a little bit) of someone – maybe back in 2000?

22. regis says:
  23. Eunice says:

Hi, today I heard a great news about GG movie, Matt Czuchry said it is at the final weeks of production: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBxfgaYd7O4 at 6:27 :)

24. regis says:

APRIL FOOLS!

matt is quite articulate – very convincing.

it would be so interesting to see logan back in rory’s life.
    and dean’s.
    and jess’s.
    this could be the craziest movie ever.

25. Eunice says:

heck, i didn’t knew it was on April 1st ) In fact, I always was skeptical about this reunion…sure it would be cool, especially considering that they know it would be popular

26. Evan says:

“Bunheads” extended trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFljdsKRro

Feautures Ferris Bueller’s Alan Ruck, Gilmore Girls’ Gypsy, and Friday Night Light’s Stacey Oristano.

also joining the show is Logan’s dad Mtchum Huntzberger’s actor Greg Henry. He will play a surfer dude who owns a restaurant.

27. Laura says:

I am confused is there a movie in making or not?!? Was it all a prank?!? If so that really sucks!!!!

28. regis says:

Pretty sure it was a prank – this from Michael Ausiello :

“Czuchry also talks about his new career as an author and humors me when I ask for an update on the Gilmore reunion movie that’s currently in production (this just in: it’s not a lie if you believe it).”

If you remember, Ausiello was a rabid gilmore/graham fan – he’ll take anything at this point :)

29. Laura says:

O ok thanks!! That stinks! I really wish there would be a movie!!!

30. regis says:
  31. Evan says:

I really hope updates take up again with Bunheads premiering shorty. I think it’ll really unite the Gilmore GIrls fandom back together.

32. Alessia says:

My God, my heart stopped beating when I saw Matt’s interview… dammit, why did he need to mocking us that way? :( I so hoped it was real even if I was so perplexed that he kept talking about it so, I don’t know, normally? I’m a huge fan of GG and have some websites about this show, so I can say that I am kinda informed about the news of the show and it sounded sooo weird I haven’t heard of the movie that was already in production!! What a shame indeed, I would be so happy :(
    Keep calm and still hope, guys!

33. Evan says:

According to the ABCFamily user on fanforum, Gilmore Girl’s composer Sam Phillips will be scoring Bunheads. So stoked.

34. Annie says:

Did anyone catch Alexis on Mad Men last night? I hadn’t seen her on anything since The conspirator so I’m glad she’s still out there!

35. mcityrk says:

@Annie-

Thanks, looks like last night’s new episode is in the replay rotation a couple of times tonight on AMC.

36. mcityrk says:

Had not watched Mad Men in years as I really do not like any of the charatcters, though without question it is very well done. An interesting lead cameo for AB on this episode that looks like it has the potential for her to be back later as part of an extended plot arch.

37. Chrissie says:

Hey, guys -

I watched the Mad Men episode last night. Alexis did a great job. I thought the same thing, too, mcityrk. I guess we’ll see what happens!

38. Evan says:

So is everything okay with the admin? There hasnt been updates in months.

39. mcityrk says:

In one final reference to the Mad Men episode, see where today’s issue of the “Bullseye” backpage in Entertainment Weekly shows a picture of AB’s MM character in her purple “Donna Reed” homage attire with the snide remark “Rory Gilmore hooks up with Pete on Mad Men? Lorelai would not approve.” Hi-larious. If they hated this character, they would “really” love her turn in “The Kate Logan Affair”. What did they expect, that she would stay nineteen forever??

40. regis says:

1. evan: all i know about the admin (arieanna) is here:

2. good news – parenthood gets the nod:

41. regis says:

good news (at least for me:) – parenthood renewed!

42. amy says:

yay!!!! thank you for the news, regis :)

43. mcityrk says:

AB’s MM round 2 appearance – a 30 second semi-nude gratuitous fantasy sequence for Pete Cambell that did nothing to advance her character’s arch?? Lazy writing and a wasted opportunity. Too bad–

44. Evan says:

lol, what? It wasn’t meant to further her arc because it wasn’t mean to serve anyone but Pete because it was HIS fantasy.

45. mcityrk says:

@Evan-

Totally agree. It was a pointless filler that told us nothing about her character or anything new about Pete since we have known from the first episode or two in season 1 that he was a “hound and a half”. Simply was hoping for something more interesting for AB to do– Maybe in the next few episodes–

46. Evan says:

Watch the pilot for Bunheads early til Sunday!

enter ‘THRBunheads’

I totally love it.

47. regis says:

thanks evan!

will check it out saturday.

48. regis says:

Bunheads-
    I think this is a solid premier.
    Good casting & snappy writing (as you would expect).
    And sooooo nice to see Kelly Bishop.
    Some other familiar names –
    Dorothy Parker Drank Here production.
    Helen Pai is back.
    And music by Sam Phillips.
    Good network too (ABCFamily)
    I think they’ll give it a chance to gain an audience
    I’ll be watching.

49. Saskia says:

I loved the show. It was so gilmore. Made me ridiculously happy! Cannot wait for the next one. Thanks for the link guys. When is the admin back? Lots of Gilmory love x

50. Evan says:

The pilot is still available again this week – enter the case sensitive:

JJrBunheads, TVFanaticBunheads, BuddyTVBunheads