Melissa McCarthy Gets Oscar Nomination

Melissa McCarthy (Sookie on Gilmore Girls) has received an Oscar nomination as Best Supporting Actress for her role on Bridesmaids. Melissa, who won an Emmy for Lead Actress for Mike & Molly, has been getting a lot of attention this year. Of this nomination, Melissa said:

“I didn’t get up or anything. I just did not expect that. AT ALL! Hopefully I’m not nuts. At some point today, I’m having champagne, dammit!”

Melissa mccarthy bridesmaids

Not everyone thinks Melissa deserved the nomination – but WE DO!!

78 thoughts on “Melissa McCarthy Gets Oscar Nomination

• January 25, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m so proud of what our ‘Sookie’ accomplished! So happy for her. She deserves it!

• January 25, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I think Melissa is a great talented beautiful actress!!! she deserves to win an Oscar!!!!! GO Melissa!! :)

• January 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Wow, that’s amazing and I’m so happy for her! I hope she wins!

• February 8, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Itsnice to see a character in a movie like that get nominated. Melissa did wonderful. I’m really glad to see her

• March 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Please keep posting me and my friends love this website!

Hev :) x

• March 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Noticed you haven’t posted in a while, hope everything is ok.

• March 16, 2012 at 4:59 am

• March 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I second what Regis said!

• March 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

No updates in 2 months? :(

• March 26, 2012 at 12:39 am

I like the idea Regis had…I think we should post things ourselves to keep the site alive.
    I’m kind of upset that Amy Sherman Palladino is working on Bunheads for ABC.
    If she wants a gilmore girls movie, she can’t wait till the cast is gray in the hair.
    I wonder if she has a script written, thoughts?

• March 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Hey ;) so sad that there are no updates, this site is really great for me, because in germany there is no side like this…..i hope everything is alright ;)

• March 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Yes, I agree, we should post things ourselves!
    And Taylor, I agree on Movie thoughts…

• April 1, 2012 at 8:11 am

Cool! (To Taylor) Thanks for posting!l

• April 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm

so nice to see alexis with “grandma” again :)

• April 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Thanks for enjoying! And, I love that they still keep in touch.
    Have people heard of or seen the HBO movie Game Change?
    I did not know till reading this article that Danny Strong, Doyle from GG, wrote the film adaptation.
    He mentions ASP briefly, “I think that Joss and Amy [Sherman-Pallandino] and Matt Weiner’s just a genius. I think actually all of them are geniuses. They’re just such monster talents.”

It’s amazing the talent that has come from GG.

• April 5, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Hey, guys – Thanks for the new posts! And Taylor – I think I remember seeing Danny Strong do a CNN interview when Game Change came out. i had to do a double take!

If I see anything pertinent to the site, I’ll be sure to post.

Thanks again, guys!

• April 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm

matt is quite articulate – very convincing.

it would be so interesting to see logan back in rory’s life.
    and dean’s.
    and jess’s.
    this could be the craziest movie ever.

• April 15, 2012 at 7:45 am

heck, i didn’t knew it was on April 1st ) In fact, I always was skeptical about this reunion…sure it would be cool, especially considering that they know it would be popular

• April 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I am confused is there a movie in making or not?!? Was it all a prank?!? If so that really sucks!!!!

• April 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Pretty sure it was a prank – this from Michael Ausiello :

“Czuchry also talks about his new career as an author and humors me when I ask for an update on the Gilmore reunion movie that’s currently in production (this just in: it’s not a lie if you believe it).”

If you remember, Ausiello was a rabid gilmore/graham fan – he’ll take anything at this point :)

• April 25, 2012 at 7:18 am

O ok thanks!! That stinks! I really wish there would be a movie!!!

• April 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

I really hope updates take up again with Bunheads premiering shorty. I think it’ll really unite the Gilmore GIrls fandom back together.

• May 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm

My God, my heart stopped beating when I saw Matt’s interview… dammit, why did he need to mocking us that way? :( I so hoped it was real even if I was so perplexed that he kept talking about it so, I don’t know, normally? I’m a huge fan of GG and have some websites about this show, so I can say that I am kinda informed about the news of the show and it sounded sooo weird I haven’t heard of the movie that was already in production!! What a shame indeed, I would be so happy :(
    Keep calm and still hope, guys!

• May 3, 2012 at 9:16 am

According to the ABCFamily user on fanforum, Gilmore Girl’s composer Sam Phillips will be scoring Bunheads. So stoked.

• May 7, 2012 at 3:09 am

Did anyone catch Alexis on Mad Men last night? I hadn’t seen her on anything since The conspirator so I’m glad she’s still out there!

• May 7, 2012 at 11:51 am

Thanks, looks like last night’s new episode is in the replay rotation a couple of times tonight on AMC.

• May 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Had not watched Mad Men in years as I really do not like any of the charatcters, though without question it is very well done. An interesting lead cameo for AB on this episode that looks like it has the potential for her to be back later as part of an extended plot arch.

• May 8, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Hey, guys –

I watched the Mad Men episode last night. Alexis did a great job. I thought the same thing, too, mcityrk. I guess we’ll see what happens!

• May 10, 2012 at 12:16 am

So is everything okay with the admin? There hasnt been updates in months.

• May 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm

In one final reference to the Mad Men episode, see where today’s issue of the “Bullseye” backpage in Entertainment Weekly shows a picture of AB’s MM character in her purple “Donna Reed” homage attire with the snide remark “Rory Gilmore hooks up with Pete on Mad Men? Lorelai would not approve.” Hi-larious. If they hated this character, they would “really” love her turn in “The Kate Logan Affair”. What did they expect, that she would stay nineteen forever??

• May 13, 2012 at 11:49 am

yay!!!! thank you for the news, regis :)

• May 15, 2012 at 5:16 pm

AB’s MM round 2 appearance – a 30 second semi-nude gratuitous fantasy sequence for Pete Cambell that did nothing to advance her character’s arch?? Lazy writing and a wasted opportunity. Too bad–

• May 15, 2012 at 10:50 pm

lol, what? It wasn’t meant to further her arc because it wasn’t mean to serve anyone but Pete because it was HIS fantasy.

• May 16, 2012 at 9:02 am

Totally agree. It was a pointless filler that told us nothing about her character or anything new about Pete since we have known from the first episode or two in season 1 that he was a “hound and a half”. Simply was hoping for something more interesting for AB to do– Maybe in the next few episodes–

• May 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm

thanks evan!

will check it out saturday.

• May 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I think this is a solid premier.
    Good casting & snappy writing (as you would expect).
    And sooooo nice to see Kelly Bishop.
    Some other familiar names –
    Dorothy Parker Drank Here production.
    Helen Pai is back.
    And music by Sam Phillips.
    Good network too (ABCFamily)
    I think they’ll give it a chance to gain an audience
    I’ll be watching.

• May 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

I loved the show. It was so gilmore. Made me ridiculously happy! Cannot wait for the next one. Thanks for the link guys. When is the admin back? Lots of Gilmory love x

• May 29, 2012 at 7:50 pm

The pilot is still available again this week – enter the case sensitive:

JJrBunheads, TVFanaticBunheads, BuddyTVBunheads