Melissa McCarthy Wins Emmy Award

Melissa McCarthy (Sookie on Gilmore Girls) walked home this past Sunday with her first Emmy as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Mike & Molly. She looked amazing and I’m so happy that she won! As a bonus bit of information, Melissa co-designed her own dress!

Here is Melissa receiving her award as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Here is Melissa backstage after her win:

More photos!

9 thoughts on “Melissa McCarthy Wins Emmy Award

• September 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I love her!She is so cute and plus when I see her I will always think of sookie. I was literally praying for her to win! she deserved it! She was amazing in bridesmaides too. Now if we can only get Lauren Graham to win something…

• September 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Love this! But who would have thought that Melissa would get receive an Emmy before Lauren Graham? Def. didn’t see that one…

• September 23, 2011 at 3:21 am

I was waiting all week for this post! I couldn’t stop watching the video of her winning. It was so genuine and heartfelt (and pretty adorable). YAY Melissa! That was just such a fun way that she won, too.

• September 23, 2011 at 3:56 am

I really really love her and I think it’s awesome she won, although I wanted Poehler or Fey to win!
    Looks like she’ll never be again Melissa McCarthy from Gilmore girls…from now on it’s emmy award winning actress Melissa McCarthy from Mike & Molly!? ;)

LAUREN GRAHAM NEEDS TO WIN SOO BADLY:..she would deserve it sooo much!!

• September 23, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I missed the Emmy’s and somehow didn’t know she won until I checked the website today. That is wonderful for her, she is very deserving. And she was in good company among her fellow nominees! CONGRATS to Emmy Award winning Melissa McCarthy!!!

• Pingback: Vanessa Marano at Emmy Awards — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: Melissa McCarthy on “Regis & Kelly” — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• October 2, 2011 at 7:26 am

I’m so happy she won! :) but yes, whenever I’ll rewatch GG, my perspective of Sookie is changed forever. she’s not just the kind of side-kick or super closed friend of Lorelai..

but nonetheless, I’m really happy for her, though i haven’t seen mike and molly.

LG should win!

• Pingback: Melissa McCarthy THR Profile & Photos — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community