Jared Padalecki Would Make a Gilmore Girls Movie

Jared Padalecki (Dean Forester on Gilmore Girls) was recently interviewed by Zap2it about the current state of Supernatural and his thoughts on a potential Gilmore Girls movie.

jared-padalecki-alexis-bledel.jpg

As Jared shares in the interview, he considers himself to be a very loyal person. For that reason, we won’t see him vacating his fans on Supernatural, just like he would support Gilmore Girls fans again, if it came to it. Would Jared Padalecki make a Gilmore Girls movie?

“One hundred percent!” he says. “I would love to. I really would truly love to. It was so fun. I have nothing but fond memories of that show. I came to it straight out of high school, I grew up on the show, and I’d love to go revisit that character.”

We love you Jared, thanks for all the continued support to your fans! :)

21 thoughts on “Jared Padalecki Would Make a Gilmore Girls Movie

• June 26, 2011 at 4:14 pm

As much as i love Jared on both Supernatural and especially Gilmore Girls! And i appreciate his loyalty to the Gilmore Girls but as a true, hole hearted, completely obsessed, knows every line kind of fan (proud to admit that fact btw) Making a Gilmore Girls movie would be silly! Their story is told and yes a good movie could probably be made and if it were i would see it because i too am dedicated, however, The Gilmore Girls story has been told, what new things could be brought in this movie other than new updated pop culture references? The success and the love of the characters, the show and Amy Sherman Palladino’s amazingly awesome ideas for The GG should stay with the beloved show. It’s what makes it special in the hearts of the fans!

• June 26, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Thats awesome!!…even though if he was in the movie, I’d seriously only want to see him in like one scene for 30 seconds. He was sweet and I liked Dean for the first 3 seasons but he and Rory were just different in the end.

• June 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm

A Gilmore Girls Movie would not be the Same without Rory Reuniting with Dean

• June 27, 2011 at 1:28 am

The first boy friend, that have lived his own life for so long, while Rory has become a wel known journalist. Both meets however, at some pic of crisis. They even are tempted to go the whole hog. But, no, that’s impossible, Dean has a steady life now, he’s got two children, a little Dean, and, a little Lorelai. Yes, because Lorelai his her Godmother. But they remin great friends now, a kind of Luke, Lorelai Friendship… Dean’s wife, is a very beautiful women, indeed. Not at all as Rory, but, both meets however, and they also become friend. Someday, perhaps before the end of the movie, we may see Rory happily married too… But, surprisingly, to a new character, somebody strong enough as Rhett Butler in Gone With Wind, and Ashley Wilkes, action and dream, in the same person…

• June 27, 2011 at 9:34 am

It’s nice that he wants to do it. And I wonder what did happen to Dean after season 5; it would be interesting to know. Although, admittedly, because after seasons 4 and 5 the only way was up. Some sort of return to early Dean would be good to watch though.

Actually, one thing that I would really like to see would be one of Rory’s three exes actually happy in their lives since their relationship with her. Because I always felt that there was a bit of sense of exes being cursed by the Gilmore Girls and never finding happiness elsewhere ever again!

• June 27, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I really really hope they end up making a Gilmore Girls movie! I mean why not!?! The fans all want it and practically all the actors from the show would be more than happy to be in it!

• June 28, 2011 at 10:30 am

I really hope they make a movie…!!!!!

• June 30, 2011 at 6:30 am

Yess I would love it if they made a movie, hearing them talk about it still means there’s hope. :)

• July 1, 2011 at 6:08 am

That’s awesome! I would love to see where they all are now, especially Rory’s exes!!
    Is it me or every actors are in for a potential Gilmore Girls movie? Yay! That’s a good sign! (In my opinion they should only do it if every character comes back!!)
    I hope Amy Sherman-Palladino will do something about it in the near future!

• July 6, 2011 at 4:55 am

Even if Dean’s part in the story seemed pretty much over, it would be nice to redeem him a little bit. I never quiet understood why he had to turn into such a bitter looser. I absolutly agree with Lathany: almost every time a guy got dumped or rejected by Rory (and Lorelai too, sometimes), it seemed his life was over. I understand that we’re supposed to think that they’re two beautiful and irresistible ladies, but Graham and Bledel were enough pretty and talented as it was. I don’t think it was necessary to make half of their boyfriends so pathetic and needy.

These were the moments when I realized I don’t really fall into the target demography for Gilmore Girls. But I love it anyway, that’s how good that show was (in my opinion, at least: when a heavy rock/horror movies/Robert E. Howard books type of guy gets hooked like this by such a girly show, it must be really good).

As for what Hunter Arthur was saying, and even though he made some really good points, I can think of three reasons why a Gilmore Girls movie could be a good thing:

1: To see what kind of ending Amy Sherman Palladino would come up with.
    2: To see Lorelai and Luke actually making their relationship work.
    3: Sorry, but we just want more.

As usual, that’s just my opinion, dumb as it sounds.

• August 15, 2011 at 10:29 pm

they really need to make a movie! although I’d rather see dean for about a minute. everyone knows that rory belongs with jess. point blank. they were meant for each other. the movie will start with lorelai and Luke in her kitchen making breakfast with two kids waiting at the table. and the big event of the movie will be rory and jess getting married. Kirk and lulu will be married with one kid. lane will be pregnant again. that’s how everything should be.

• August 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm

My teacher retired recently. He’s my neighbor. He’s just as funny as the mother in Gilmore Girls.

• August 29, 2011 at 11:03 am

I think that all gg fans have waited long enough for a happy ending for a great show. There isn’t another show on tv now that compares to it. And all fans wait patiently everyseason for a tv movie.I am a 50 year old mother and grandmother who’s daughters and granddaughter are BIG fans.and loved everything abt the show. Come on amy, please. Its time.

• September 25, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I would love to see a GG movie but at the same time….I was left feeling like it was so incomplete with the series finale…either they would fix that or make it worse.

I thought Rory should of married Logan, their relationship was the most realistic, amazing one on the show. I imagine in my head that it ended with a double wedding instead! LOL both mom and daughter finally married to great guys!

• November 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I hope they make a movie, I felt incomplete with the finale as well. I was so peeved when Rory said no to Logan, maybe it is just because I grew up with Disney and for me to like a movie there has to be a happily ever after. It would be nice to see Loralie and Luke FINALLY get married and Rory getting married to whomever as well.

• November 18, 2012 at 7:33 am

A movie would be great if they tie up loose ends! Logan and Rory need to be together. Rory and Lorelai need at least one successful relationship for each. The Gilmore parent relationship needs the rough edges smoothed. A Luke/Lorelai wedding would be a great reunion theme for all to head back to Stars Hollow. Logan’s next business venture could put him back in Rorys flight path. She comes back for a wedding and Logan tags along. I see it

• November 18, 2012 at 8:51 am

I’d like to see another Gilmore Christmas…

• November 19, 2012 at 1:48 am

I always liked the Thanksgiving episodes more than Christmas [am including the Bracebridge dinner as a TK episode], particularly the multiple dinner episode at all four friends gatherings. Happy holidays to all this week- mcityrk

• July 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm

i would love more of the Gilmore girls I never watched it before,I watched the reruns. I taped the shows and would come home from work looking forward to watching it. i watched every episode and would like to see more.
    Start up a new season of the Gilmore girls instead of a movie. thanks

• July 23, 2013 at 7:51 am

YES! YES! YES! Maybe now that bunheads got cancelled, amy can start a GG movie! Fans will love it, ill always love this show! I’ve watched this entire series more than 15 times! I LOVE IT! just how veronica mars is getting a movie, so can GG! Lets start this!