Alexis Bledel Completes “Girl Walks Into a Bar”

QY98LCU7QX_Alexis-Bledel_Bikini2.jpgAlexis Bledel (Rory Gilmore on Gilmore Girls) recently completed work on movie Girl Walks Into a Bar, which somehow managed to keep off the radar in terms of casting news early on!

According to the production company’s release , the film “follows a series of characters in interlocking stories taking place in ten different bars during the course of one evening in Los Angeles.” The cast includes gangsters, exotic dancers and con-artists.

“Girl Walks Into a Bar” connects a group of apparent strangers over one night across 10 bars throughout Los Angeles. Zachary Quinto stars as a dentist who teams up with a feisty would-be assassin (Carla Gugino) to put the final touches on the plan to kill his wife. Once he makes a play for the assassin’s payment, he unknowingly sets off a chain of events that fuels a cross-town journey through the many lounges, bars, strip clubs and the occasional nudist ping pong club scattered across Los Angeles.

Though a film, Girl Walks Into a Bar was created *exclusively* for the Web. It’s the first major motion picture to be Web-only. The film will be free to watch.

The cast includes Zachary Quinto, Danny DeVito, Josh Hartnett, Rosario Dawson, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Aaron Tveit, Robert Forster, Amber Valletta, Gil Bellows, Kevin Zegers, Michelle Ryan and Xander Berkeley.

Alexis Bledel will play an exotic dancer. In another twist of connectedness, the film’s music is by Grant Lee Phillips (The Stars Hollow Troubadour on Gilmore Girls).

11 thoughts on “Alexis Bledel Completes “Girl Walks Into a Bar”

• September 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Aww, yay! I’m glad Grant Lee is still on the radar. And with Alexis to boot! :)

• September 25, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Am glad to read Alexis has made another movie! Second that YAY! :) The cast – what a terrific lineup! Will watch it as soon as I can find it on the Web – i.e. A.S.A.P! :)

• September 25, 2010 at 3:09 pm

An exotic dancer, huh? It’s nice to see her breaking out of her usual “nice girl” roles.

• September 25, 2010 at 5:00 pm

In another surge of connectedness, it looks like they are getting part of the “Sin City” crew back together again [Josh, Rosario, Carla, and Alexis]. Maybe a precursor of things to come??

• September 26, 2010 at 9:24 am

she looks gorgeous here!!

• September 26, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I wonder if this explains the hair color change. Outside of the context of an acting role, I never thought the change made any sense for her.

• September 27, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Wow, an exotic dancer?! I’m having a difficult time picturing that. But, I’m sure she’ll pull it off spectacularly. This role is most likely the reason for her hair color change. It’s something to get used to, but I like it. :)

• September 27, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I believe that the real reason REASON for that Alexis “new blondish hair” is becoz of this film.
    … were she & the BLONDE Saoirse would play as siblings who are assasins.
    “I do wonder why is it that Violet & Daisy wasnt been poster here – where Alexis (probably) bagged her most interesting role to date & even share a lead role w/ Saoirse”?!
    But anyways & again… congrats Alexis and make it good!

• September 28, 2010 at 10:10 am

I am very disappointed. All hollywood does anymore is cast women as hookers or strippers. This is sad and pathetic. I was going to buy the Gilmore Girls series on DVD. to watch with my kids but they don’t need to watch actresses who perform in this kind of garbage.

• Pingback: “Girl Walks Into A Bar” Trailer with Alexis Bledel — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• Pingback: “Girl Walks Into A Bar” Now Out – With Alexis Bledel — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community