Lauren Graham Confirms Gilmore Girls Movie Might Happen

In addition to her recent interview and photoshoot with Redbook, Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore on Gilmore Girls) spoke with Vanity Fair about a number of topics, including the potential of a Gilmore Girls movie - which, she finally admits, has real potential!!

rbk-lauren-graham-reading-1-1010-lgn.jpg

“It might [happen]. What’s funny to me is that in all these years, no one ever talked about it except the fans. But now people with power, people who could actually make it happen, are talking about it. I think it could be good, but I wonder if we’ve waited too long. I don’t want to be walking around the town square with a cane.”

Let’s move on to the interview and talk first about the difficulty that tv shows have in casting love interests for her who are taller than she is!

“I’m pretty sure we went through all the tall guys on Gilmore Girls. I dated all of them.”

She even made reference to John Hamm on Gilmore Girls! She also joked about playing mom roles who had no income, including being the woman who “handed keys to day players who were carrying luggage” at the Dragonfly Inn.

In true Lauren Graham fashion, Lauren quipped about the loss of Mr Cyr (Jason Ritter), Sarah’s last love interest in Parenthood, saying he left to “become a terrorist”, his role on The Event. She then movies on to how “our Sookie” is now “Molly” on Mike & Molly, though Mike isn’t from Stars Hollow. ;)

Last joke in there is Lauren talking about how she “had to hump a chair” for Bad Santa. The whole movie of which still embarrasses her father. And, BEST funny question:

Between Sarah Braverman and Lorelai Gilmore, which of them is more likely to have sex in a car with a half-drunk Santa?

Lorelai! Well, wait… god, it’s a real toss-up, isn’t it? Cause neither of those girls were too lucky in love. I think with Lorelai it would be too risky. She’s in a small town, and there are too many people who could find out about it, or even walk by when she’s in the middle of it. Miss Patty and Babette Dell would gossip to everybody. So yeah, probably Sarah Braverman.

Then, head on over to read the rapid fire questions. OMG funny.

Comments

1. Collins says:

Wow thats exciting, She never realy seemed on board until now.

2. Craig says:

Love the interview and possibility of a movie (TV I assume) just hope they don’t screw up the some what happy L&L ending.

As for the sex in a car thing, unless it was Luke in the Santa outfit I’d have to go with Sarah over Lorelai as well, of course the police would be knocking on the car window at some point but what else would you expect for Sarah’s luck.

Mind you I wouldn’t mind seeing Amber picking up her mother from the police station LOL

3. Anne says:

That is hardly confirmation…

A movie is never going to happen.

4. Lathany says:

That sounds more promising than any other rumour I’ve heard, though it’s still a long way from definite. Also, whilst they theoretically only need LG and AB to go ahead I suspect the definiteness (and the storyline) will probably require some of the others (SP being the most obvious).

5. lozlazza says:

this sounds fantastically optimistic!!! i can’t wait hope its sooner rather than later….

6. arieanna says:

Scott has always been pro-Gilmore Girls movie :)

7. mcityrk says:

While I have always been a bit of a “doubting Thomas” on the liklihood of this GG update occuring, if it occurs I would hope they take some quantum leaps in time to bring us up to where the story would be as Rory approaches Alexis true age. Somethng on the order of a six-hour miniseries to update the high points of the story through the next 5 to 7 years and give us a true ending that answers questions instead of just an incremental plot detour that leaves us scratching our heads.

8. Lathany says:

Cool :-) Thanks arieanna.

In which case I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the other two to stay/jump in!

9. Andrew says:

That does definitely sound promising. I really hope it happens.

10. Freestars says:

Gilmore Girls is a love story between fans and the series. We like a love story ends well. That is what will happen when Gilmore Girl movie be on screen and on DVD, watched, and watched again.

11. isha says:

im actually going to let myself get a teeny bit excited – after a few too many false rumours i am getting pretty cynical but this sort of quote straight from lauren is too good to ignore…..i actually think a feature film is more likely than a tv film but would be happy with either….as long as milo is in it and we get some closure! we are finally getting parenthood in oz so am getting back into the awesomeness of lauren all over again….fingers crossed this works out

12. Tina says:

Oh my PLEASE tell me this will happen! Already in line to purchase my tickets for myself and my daughter. Gilmore Girls was the best show on TV.

13. Letitia says:

I really do hope it happens ! It’s a great idea and I really think that people would go see the movie ! I love gilmore girls, their humor, their crazyness, their intelligence AND their problems. They are complexe but so lovable characters ! … And as I can see, I’m not the only one who thinks so ! ;)
    GG’S IN THEATER !

14. Cate says:

I REALLY hope this movie happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Gilmore girls Sooooo much! I have all the seasons and have watched all the seven seasons at least 20 times! I hope that in the movie all the loose ends are tied up…like Lorelai and Luke getting married and Rory either getting back together with Jess or Logan surprising her by coming back!!

15. sara says:

just finished watching all of them. Rory and Logan were meant to end up together. Jess was unable to emote and i’m glad it ended the way it did with them, but after all that Logan and Rory went through, after he almost died ect… its just ridiculous that they couldn’t have ended up together. A girl can have a career and husband?!
    Logan and Rory!!!!!!!!

16. kelly says:

I looove Gilmore Girls! ;) i hope you make a movie! ;)

17. Amber says:

I soooo want a movie.. Im a little scared to get my hopes up and years go by and nothing but I really really really want a movie.. and i would love to see Rory and Logan together or Jess I liked Jess.. hurry up please!!

18. Katie says:

for christms this year i asked for the complete series set and i got it! im on season five disc 2 i believe and im almost done with the series, please do a movie i would LOVE to see it and i think it would be a great idea!

19. VIKKI says:

I HOPE THERE IS A MOVIE! I PLAY THE DVD’S OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO THE POINT I’VE WORN THEM OUT!

20. Cassia says:

Gilmore Girls movie would be wonderfull!!!

Brazilian fans are eagerly awaiting for that!

21. Yes, Gilmore Girls fans are still really alive and active! I’m just “nobody”, but before my video “Gilmore Girls” was accidentally deleted, it had reached 700 viewers, and 8 viewers since I’ve uploaded it again a few hours ago. Some videos I had posted, did just reach 100 watchers after having been posted for two years. And this little achievement, among billions videos. I mean, if some “nobody” attract such clicks, just because his video is named Gilmore Girls, and if some more popular Gilmore Girls videos still attract thousand of viewers, that means that, statistically, there really is a huge potential of a Gilmore Girls movie fans.
    I tried the experience with an other series I love too, it only attracted less than 70 watcher in months!
    So, hopefully, the modal might could become soon, an achievement! That would be good to have a real ending! I love to finish the books I read, and I love to see a movie having a real ending!

22. Sarah says:

In order for a movie to be made ASP would have to do it. She and Daniel are the ones who have to want to do it more than any of the actors. As for a movie, I would watch it, hoping that it would not be too cheesy and true to the characters and the original concepts.

23. GILMORE GIRLS NUMBER ONE FAN says:

Please please please!! Amy has to get on board and not be selfish and still annoyed with what had happen, it’s her chance to fix things and Luke and Lorelai’s relationship with the marriage, it all had gotten messed up in season 7 and it’s TIME TO FIX IT!

24. Marian budday says:

Please, please,please,please,please,please,please, make a movie to draw all the bits and preices of Gilmore girls together. PLEASE !!!!!!!

25. Sebastian says:

I always look up Google Maps because it looks like I’m walking on the street but where do I find a Stars Hollow map? That’s where Gilmore Girls was filmed.

26. alex bonneau says:

I hope with all the fan feedback, it will light a fire under the butts of those who are in control of such things to realize that so many want to see more of the gilmore girls and their quirky friends

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. […] Graham: A "Gilmore Girls" movie "might" […]

2. […] I’m excited–Lauren Graham Confirms That a Gilmore Girls Movie Might Really Happen (see the GG houses here): Gilmore News. […]

3. […] Note: This interview was given in February, before Lauren admitted there was real potential for the movie from people ‘who could actually make it […]

4. […] has said that it might happen, during an interview that was posted on a gilmore girls fan site [ http://www.gilmorenews.com/2010/09/11/lauren-graham-confirms-gilmore-girls-movie-might-happen/ It would certainly be a worth-while in devour for WB, even if the movie was awful, I’m sure […]

5. […] Rory & Lorelai. Erst als sich die Hauptdarstellerin Lauren Graham gegenüber der Zeitschrift “Vanity Fair” zu dem Thema äußerte, gab es zum ersten Mal wirklich einen Kommentar zu einer Neuauflage. […]