Lauren Graham Confirms Gilmore Girls Movie Might Happen

In addition to her recent interview and photoshoot with Redbook, Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore on Gilmore Girls) spoke with Vanity Fair about a number of topics, including the potential of a Gilmore Girls movie – which, she finally admits, has real potential!!

“It might [happen]. What’s funny to me is that in all these years, no one ever talked about it except the fans. But now people with power, people who could actually make it happen, are talking about it. I think it could be good, but I wonder if we’ve waited too long. I don’t want to be walking around the town square with a cane.”

Let’s move on to the interview and talk first about the difficulty that tv shows have in casting love interests for her who are taller than she is!

“I’m pretty sure we went through all the tall guys on Gilmore Girls. I dated all of them.”

She even made reference to John Hamm on Gilmore Girls! She also joked about playing mom roles who had no income, including being the woman who “handed keys to day players who were carrying luggage” at the Dragonfly Inn.

In true Lauren Graham fashion, Lauren quipped about the loss of Mr Cyr (Jason Ritter), Sarah’s last love interest in Parenthood, saying he left to “become a terrorist”, his role on The Event. She then movies on to how “our Sookie” is now “Molly” on Mike & Molly, though Mike isn’t from Stars Hollow. ;)

Last joke in there is Lauren talking about how she “had to hump a chair” for Bad Santa. The whole movie of which still embarrasses her father. And, BEST funny question:

Between Sarah Braverman and Lorelai Gilmore, which of them is more likely to have sex in a car with a half-drunk Santa?

Lorelai! Well, wait… god, it’s a real toss-up, isn’t it? Cause neither of those girls were too lucky in love. I think with Lorelai it would be too risky. She’s in a small town, and there are too many people who could find out about it, or even walk by when she’s in the middle of it. Miss Patty and Babette Dell would gossip to everybody. So yeah, probably Sarah Braverman.

Then, head on over to read the rapid fire questions. OMG funny.

31 thoughts on “Lauren Graham Confirms Gilmore Girls Movie Might Happen

• September 11, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Wow thats exciting, She never realy seemed on board until now.

• September 11, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Love the interview and possibility of a movie (TV I assume) just hope they don’t screw up the some what happy L&L ending.

As for the sex in a car thing, unless it was Luke in the Santa outfit I’d have to go with Sarah over Lorelai as well, of course the police would be knocking on the car window at some point but what else would you expect for Sarah’s luck.

Mind you I wouldn’t mind seeing Amber picking up her mother from the police station LOL

• September 11, 2010 at 7:09 pm

That is hardly confirmation…

A movie is never going to happen.

• September 12, 2010 at 1:59 am

That sounds more promising than any other rumour I’ve heard, though it’s still a long way from definite. Also, whilst they theoretically only need LG and AB to go ahead I suspect the definiteness (and the storyline) will probably require some of the others (SP being the most obvious).

• September 12, 2010 at 7:53 am

this sounds fantastically optimistic!!! i can’t wait hope its sooner rather than later….

• September 12, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Scott has always been pro-Gilmore Girls movie :)

• September 12, 2010 at 6:37 pm

While I have always been a bit of a “doubting Thomas” on the liklihood of this GG update occuring, if it occurs I would hope they take some quantum leaps in time to bring us up to where the story would be as Rory approaches Alexis true age. Somethng on the order of a six-hour miniseries to update the high points of the story through the next 5 to 7 years and give us a true ending that answers questions instead of just an incremental plot detour that leaves us scratching our heads.

• September 13, 2010 at 9:42 am

Cool :-) Thanks arieanna.

In which case I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the other two to stay/jump in!

• Pingback: MONDAY ODDS & ENDS — TV Tattle

• September 14, 2010 at 2:01 pm

That does definitely sound promising. I really hope it happens.

• September 15, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Gilmore Girls is a love story between fans and the series. We like a love story ends well. That is what will happen when Gilmore Girl movie be on screen and on DVD, watched, and watched again.

• September 17, 2010 at 2:06 am

im actually going to let myself get a teeny bit excited – after a few too many false rumours i am getting pretty cynical but this sort of quote straight from lauren is too good to ignore…..i actually think a feature film is more likely than a tv film but would be happy with either….as long as milo is in it and we get some closure! we are finally getting parenthood in oz so am getting back into the awesomeness of lauren all over again….fingers crossed this works out

• Pingback: The Showtime House 2010 and More House News

• September 17, 2010 at 7:55 am

Oh my PLEASE tell me this will happen! Already in line to purchase my tickets for myself and my daughter. Gilmore Girls was the best show on TV.

• Pingback: Lauren Graham & Alexis Bledel Video Interview on Gilmore Girls — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• October 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I really do hope it happens ! It’s a great idea and I really think that people would go see the movie ! I love gilmore girls, their humor, their crazyness, their intelligence AND their problems. They are complexe but so lovable characters ! … And as I can see, I’m not the only one who thinks so ! ;)

• December 29, 2010 at 11:54 am

I REALLY hope this movie happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Gilmore girls Sooooo much! I have all the seasons and have watched all the seven seasons at least 20 times! I hope that in the movie all the loose ends are tied up…like Lorelai and Luke getting married and Rory either getting back together with Jess or Logan surprising her by coming back!!

• January 18, 2011 at 4:31 am

just finished watching all of them. Rory and Logan were meant to end up together. Jess was unable to emote and i’m glad it ended the way it did with them, but after all that Logan and Rory went through, after he almost died ect… its just ridiculous that they couldn’t have ended up together. A girl can have a career and husband?!
    Logan and Rory!!!!!!!!

• February 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I looove Gilmore Girls! ;) i hope you make a movie! ;)

• February 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I soooo want a movie.. Im a little scared to get my hopes up and years go by and nothing but I really really really want a movie.. and i would love to see Rory and Logan together or Jess I liked Jess.. hurry up please!!

• Pingback: Gilmore Girls Movie? « lessons to be learned

• February 15, 2011 at 11:54 am

for christms this year i asked for the complete series set and i got it! im on season five disc 2 i believe and im almost done with the series, please do a movie i would LOVE to see it and i think it would be a great idea!

• March 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm

• March 26, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Gilmore Girls movie would be wonderfull!!!

Brazilian fans are eagerly awaiting for that!

• March 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

Yes, Gilmore Girls fans are still really alive and active! I’m just “nobody”, but before my video “Gilmore Girls” was accidentally deleted, it had reached 700 viewers, and 8 viewers since I’ve uploaded it again a few hours ago. Some videos I had posted, did just reach 100 watchers after having been posted for two years. And this little achievement, among billions videos. I mean, if some “nobody” attract such clicks, just because his video is named Gilmore Girls, and if some more popular Gilmore Girls videos still attract thousand of viewers, that means that, statistically, there really is a huge potential of a Gilmore Girls movie fans.
    I tried the experience with an other series I love too, it only attracted less than 70 watcher in months!
    So, hopefully, the modal might could become soon, an achievement! That would be good to have a real ending! I love to finish the books I read, and I love to see a movie having a real ending!

• March 30, 2011 at 6:39 am

In order for a movie to be made ASP would have to do it. She and Daniel are the ones who have to want to do it more than any of the actors. As for a movie, I would watch it, hoping that it would not be too cheesy and true to the characters and the original concepts.

• December 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Please please please!! Amy has to get on board and not be selfish and still annoyed with what had happen, it’s her chance to fix things and Luke and Lorelai’s relationship with the marriage, it all had gotten messed up in season 7 and it’s TIME TO FIX IT!

• December 16, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Please, please,please,please,please,please,please, make a movie to draw all the bits and preices of Gilmore girls together. PLEASE !!!!!!!

• December 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I always look up Google Maps because it looks like I’m walking on the street but where do I find a Stars Hollow map? That’s where Gilmore Girls was filmed.

• Pingback: Filme und Serien » Die “Gilmore Girls” komplett auf DVD & Infos zur 8. Staffel bzw. zum Kinofilm

• June 3, 2012 at 10:55 am

I hope with all the fan feedback, it will light a fire under the butts of those who are in control of such things to realize that so many want to see more of the gilmore girls and their quirky friends