As far as first season finales go, this one was pretty good. We didn’t get stuck with too many cliffhangers (aside from the major one at the end), which we would typically see with a show. As with many past episodes, a lot of this show is about realism. For example, Cary’s obvious and immediate vindictiveness. Loved it.
My thoughts on the episode:
- When Peter talks about waiting 4 years to return to politics, what is influencing his decision? The ‘seductive’ part or the ‘power’ part?
- Does Alicia truly believe that Peter wants to work on their marriage?
- What do you think about the cases involved in this episode? The depth of it, the police corruption, was better than normal.
- The "I’m here for you" moment between Cary & Alicia was awesome. So evil.
- Do you think Childs intends to use Cary for anytime there is to be dealings with Alicia? Why? What does he get out of it? Wouldn’t there be bias?
- Does Peter’s mother make a better ‘wife’ in the campaign, socializing on his behalf?
- Why does Mr Golden want Peter to run right away? To stay on top of buzz or to keep cash in his own pocket?
- Why was Diane antagonistic with McVeigh?
- Were you surprised by the truth of Kalinda’s sexuality? Did it surprise you?
- The legs shot was hot! As was what Will said after
- Who does Will want? Does money sway him? Or chemistry? Was the pizza ‘date’ his test of his own feelings?
- Who is your favorite character on this series? I’m behind Kalinda, all the way.
- I liked the hallway scene between Peter & Alicia – reminded me a lot of the first episode
- Do you think Peter is ready to ‘step up’ for ‘good government’? Or will he fall to temptations again? To power?
- Do you think Alicia will be happy supporting Peter in politics as long as she also can work?
- Will drinks the $8k wine from one girl and calls Alicia instead. How surprising! But, I’m glad she said “I get the romance… show me the plan!” It’s exactly what she needed to say. She’s realistic and she’s responsible. Go Alicia!!
- Does Mr. Gold suspect that Alicia is not completely behind her man?
- Does Alicia take Peter’s hand, do you think?? Or does she choose Will? Does he have a plan??