Well, this was a pretty good episode of The Good Wife, I think. We see the fall-out from Lockhart & Gardner choosing Alicia over Cary, as well as finally get some resolution about Peter. At the same time, we revisit Mr. Sweeny.
I had a moment of Gilmore Girls comparison when Cary was out searching for a job. Although he’d gone to a great law firm, being fired reminded me of when Rory had turned down a great opportunity at a newspaper in order to hold out for the job at the Times. When that fell through, she was out job hunting late in the game. That’s what this felt like to me, for Cary.
Some thoughts on the episode:
- Why do you think the firm was so harsh to those it fired? They wouldn’t even let Cary get his laptop!!
- I love Kalinda, but I do feel so sorry for her. It’s like she has no friends and can’t trust anyone
- What do you think of Mr. Sweeny? And his final admission to Alicia?
- Are you surprised that Cary seems so motivated for revenge against Alicia? Or that he’d be pursued for that reason?
- Does Alicia now resent having to be the "wife" role for Peter in his campaigning again? What did she expect?
- Did Alicia feel dirty, in the end, because Peter was helping her get new clients?