Does “Gilmore Girls” Make You Crave Junk Food?

In ‘The UnGraduate‘, Sookie makes a dark chocolate s’mores wedding cake for Lorelai – as a trial cake – and tops it with a marshmallow bride & groom. She wants to know that Lorelai is committed to the wedding, and uses the cake as her way to talk about it with Lorelai.

Well, I got hung up on the cake. I like cake. So, I went out and found a recipe for the S’mores Cake. And that got me thinking of all the delicious junk food that Rory & Lorelai are always eating.

Since snack food is so common on Gilmore Girls, has any episode made you crave something??

Watch this episode of Gilmore Girls on TheWB.com here.

14 thoughts on “Does “Gilmore Girls” Make You Crave Junk Food?

• April 12, 2010 at 9:19 am

Yes!! everytime I watch it (esp these non-working days)on DVD! Totally addictive!

At the moment I’ve been eating Pop-Tarts, Haagen-Dazs, drinking varieties of coffee… and I’m not usually a snacker!

Not great for my beach-bod! ;)

• April 12, 2010 at 10:38 am

I haven’t had Pop Tarts since I was a kid, but I crave one every time they’re on the show. Horrible! And coffee, well… I drink a lot of coffee too. :)

• April 12, 2010 at 11:22 am

I thought I was the only one that happened to! I bought tater tots the other day cuz of Gilmore Girls, lol.

• April 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm

YES!! whenever they do a movie night I find myself craving whatever it is that they are eating. I thought I was the only one : )

• April 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I’ve never heard of half the food mentioned on Gilmore Girls such as pop-tarts and twinkies so I’m always curious about them but I can’t find them anywhere in Australia. :( Movie nights look fun on Gilmore Girls.

• Pingback: Gilmore Girls Goes HD & Contest — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• April 15, 2010 at 7:58 am

Poptarts I love so there in the house a lot. Watch the show and have to get up and get one. They talk about food a lot but for some funny reasone the scene that made me crave the most in when Rory is sampling birthday cakes with Emily. Yum

• April 15, 2010 at 8:00 am

One of the reason I fell in love with the show was I found mine and my sister “movie nights” were so similar. We’d rent a movie pick up loads of junk and usually just make fun of it. I stared watching the show I was like “Thats us!” Except they are way hotter.

• April 16, 2010 at 7:00 am

Allia I’m from australia and I thought the same thing when they name some of the junk foods and I found an american online grocier they seem to have most of them it’s http://www.usafoods.com.au :) have fun

• Pingback: Do Their Eating Habits Make You Mad? — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community

• April 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Heck yes! Some of my friend’s and I are on a Gilmore Girl’s marathon kick right now, and just the other week Lorelai and Rory went into Luke’s and ordered burgers. And that made us all start craving burgers, so we went out and got some!! It was awesome!! Good times, good memories!! =D

• Pingback: Bloody Mary Tomatoes | Good. Food. Stories.

• June 2, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I recently began watching Gilmore Girls from season 1 (because I started watching at the beginning of 4) and I have had big cravings for coffee, hamburgers, french fries and pancakes…