Alexis Bledel’s “The Conspirator” to be at Cannes?

Saks Fifth Avenue Celebrates The New Third Floor

Alexis Bledel (Rory Gilmore on Gilmore Girls) co-stars in the upcoming film, The Conspirator, which, rumour has it, may be premiering at the Cannes Film Festival.

The Conspirator is an historical drama about the trial of Mary Surratt, the only female co-conspirator in the Abraham Lincoln assassination and the first woman to be hanged by the United States federal government. The film stars James McAvoy, Robin Wright Penn, Justin Long, Evan Rachel Wood, Tom Wilkinson and others alongside Alexis Bledel.

Alexis has the role of Sarah Weston, wife to Frederick Aiken (James McAvoy), who is an idealistic war hero who defends Surratt and who believes her to be innocent.

7 thoughts on “Alexis Bledel’s “The Conspirator” to be at Cannes?

• April 12, 2010 at 10:16 am

While I suppose this Redford film opening at Cannes would not be a shocker, I actually thought the group behind “The Kate Logan Affair” had a very strong tendency to run their films through Cannes as well. Either being shown should be a nice way for Alexis to get to go and enjoy.

• April 12, 2010 at 10:39 am

Yeah, and to have her photo taken too ;)

• April 12, 2010 at 11:19 am

I’ve never been to Cannes but maybe I’ll try this year :-)

• April 12, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Hopefully it will, I think its her 1st time to be in there and I would love too see her dressed-up-to-the nines while walking at the Cannes’ Red Carpet.

• April 13, 2010 at 2:19 am

The director is Robert Redford, of course they’re going to serve him with the honor to show his new movie at every film festival possible, leading up to the Oscars 2011, as is the rumor.
    This “supporting role” however is supposed to walk the red carpet there? (To Marlough) I have slight doubts.

• April 14, 2010 at 2:03 am

With a supporting cast like Evan Rachel Wood, Justin Long, Danny Huston, Kevin Kline, Tom Wilkinson, Toby Kebbel etc., I’m pretty sure Alexis is the “most popular”; even more familiar than the veteran likes of Evan Rachel Wood & Robin Wright Penn (who’s the lead character)… just sayin…
    And it wouldn’t hurt if RR would tag her along at the Cannes, Alexis could somewhat be the “belle of the ball” there LOL