Last night the second episode of CBS‘ new series The Good Wife aired. The second episode involved Alicia (Julianna Margulies) taking on the case of a stripper who was raped at a bachelor party. This brings up, for her, a lot of associations with her husband, who had recently been exposed for sleeping with hookers. Alicia starts to suspect her husband and, perhaps finally, to not gloss over all his misdeeds.
Meanwhile, we didn’t see a whole lot of Cary (Matt Czuchry) in the episode. We got the impression that he was still trying to manipulate Alicia and to “look good” to his superiors in every way, but the show is still focused mostly on Alicia’s cases. I hope they expand this to show us more of the lives and cases of the others in the firm, don’t you?
- I liked that Alicia was finally facing some of the things her husband did
- I thought it was very strong of her kids to try to shield her from those photos – and what a mystery now that has become!
- The case was good – especially given that it wasn’t "perfect" the way so many other legal shows tend to be
- I am itching to know more about the other people in the firm
- Still has me wanting to watch more!!
Photo: Eike Schroter/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.