Matt Czuchry (Logan Huntzberger on Gilmore Girls)’s new series, The Good Wife, premiered last night on CBS.
In the episode, another Gilmore Girls alumna guest starred! Katie Walder, who played Janet Billings in 8 episodes of Gilmore Girls, was on trial for murdering her husband, with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) defending her. Now, let’s talk about the episode!
First off, wow! I was really impressed with the series. I admit, I was a little thrown off by the title of the series and by its whole premise, though I know the show creators were trying to play those aspects down. I think they’re key to how the series will evolve, but perhaps not so key that the whole series needs to be named around that event in Alicia’s life. Just my initial reaction, though.
- I like the balance of the personal life vs law drama (it reminds me of Grey’s Anatomy)
- I hope they start focusing more on the cases also tried by other associates, like the other Junior Associate, Cary (Matt Czuchry)
- Casting is amazing. Love all the characters and felt it to be really believable
- Matt Czuchry is rocking his subtle-bad-guy role, doing little things to try to "win" the associate position. He tries to monopolize his and Alicia’s secretary and, in his subtle way, tries to offset her
- I hope to see more of Alicia doing things without her husband. I already think he’s annoying!
What did you think of the premiere?? If you missed it, you can watch the full episode on CBS here.
Photo: Eike Schroter/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.