"The Good Wife" 1.01 Discussion

the-good-wife-06.jpgThe Good Wife 1.01 “Pilot”
Air Date: September 22, 2009
Discussion [Spoilers & Photos]

Matt Czuchry (Logan Huntzberger on Gilmore Girls)’s new series, The Good Wife, premiered last night on CBS.
In the episode, another Gilmore Girls alumna guest starred! Katie Walder, who played Janet Billings in 8 episodes of Gilmore Girls, was on trial for murdering her husband, with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) defending her. Now, let’s talk about the episode!

First off, wow! I was really impressed with the series. I admit, I was a little thrown off by the title of the series and by its whole premise, though I know the show creators were trying to play those aspects down. I think they’re key to how the series will evolve, but perhaps not so key that the whole series needs to be named around that event in Alicia’s life. Just my initial reaction, though.

• I like the balance of the personal life vs law drama (it reminds me of Grey’s Anatomy)
  • I hope they start focusing more on the cases also tried by other associates, like the other Junior Associate, Cary (Matt Czuchry)
  • Casting is amazing. Love all the characters and felt it to be really believable
  • Matt Czuchry is rocking his subtle-bad-guy role, doing little things to try to "win" the associate position. He tries to monopolize his and Alicia’s secretary and, in his subtle way, tries to offset her
  • I hope to see more of Alicia doing things without her husband. I already think he’s annoying!

What did you think of the premiere?? If you missed it, you can watch the full episode on CBS here.

Photo: Eike Schroter/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

5 thoughts on “"The Good Wife" 1.01 Discussion

• September 23, 2009 at 3:39 pm

loved it. i didnt reconized janet but it was a great show

• September 23, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I don’t think I would have ended up watching it if it weren’t for Czuchry, but I enjoyed it for many other reasons as well. I hope to see him in more episodes.

• September 23, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Not bad, I liked it. It’s too early to tell, but I think this show has a good chance. And of course I’m looking forward to seeing more Matt.

• September 23, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I thought it was a good show and will be watching on Tuesdays. It’s always hard to tell what a show is going to be like based on the pilot episode, but it looked good so far.

• September 24, 2009 at 8:51 am

Very good, solid show. There was nothing too compelling about one particular character, but I guess it takes a little bit to get into the characters after the pilot. I already felt annoyed with the mother-in-law and thought her presence was just an excuse to add family drama to the show. But then I thought about Emily and realized I had the same initial reaction to her (and later came to love and appreciate her character). I have a feeling that the husband is going to keep lurking in the background for a while (he is, after all, Big from SATC). Loved seeing Janet-wish she’d be back for more though :(
    And, finally, you said it well, Arieanna- Matt is truly rocking the preppy/bad boy character (just like Logan)!