Gilmore Girls 7.03 "Lorelai’s First Cotillion"
Original Air Date: October 10, 2006 / Discussion Date: June 10, 2008
Read "Lorelai’s First Cotillion" Recap
- Lorelai has learned again and again that Emily wants to be told about big life events – why did she want to hide her Luke breakup?
- What do you think of Charlotte? How did she play a role in this episode?
- Why does Emily seem disinterested to hear the news about Luke?
- Does Lorelai want Emily & Richard to be mad about the breakup?
- Does Rory think Logan has lost interest in her?
- Why does "no reaction" upset Lorelai more?
- Do you think Emily & Richard were compasses to Lorelai’s decisions? With Chris & Luke, in particular?
- Rory mentions "working hard" at her relationship – but is she?
- Why does Luke have a new hat?
- Why is Lane avoiding telling Zack about the pregnancy?
- Why did Emily choose the Dragonfly for her cotillion lunch?
- Can you see Rory being interested in "alternative sex options", as Paris suggests?
- Why does Zack go to comfort Brian after hearing Lane is pregnant?
- Does Caroline remind you of Lorelai?
- Why is Rory so worried her relationship will end?
- Why is Zack pretending not to know about the pregnancy? Is that in-character for him?
- Why doesn’t Rory get mad at Christopher? Why does she only blame Lorelai?
- Did Zack feel alone in being unprepared for a baby?
- Is Lorelai surprised to find that the cotillion is actually fun? Why?
- Do you think Lorelai took advantage of Chris, knowing beforehand that he wanted only her? Or is that why she went to him – knowing she was wanted?
- Do you think Chris’ love for Lorelai, above and beyond all in his life, makes him more desirable to her?
- How did Rory not notice that Logan had replied to her text? Why is she too shy to reply?
- Why does Lorelai call Christopher? What is she thinking about when she calls?