"I Will Always Love You" Lyrics

Lorelai will be singing "I Will Always Love You" to Luke when they are doing karaoke. At face value, that sounds great, but check out the lyrics.

Title: I Will Always Love You lyrics
Artist: Whitney Houston

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I’ll go, but I know
I’ll think of you ev’ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories
that is all I’m taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don’t cry.
We both know I’m not what you, you need.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you’ve dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I’ll always, I’ll always love you.

So, either Lorelai did not know the full impact of the lyrics, or she was sending a mixed message here…

This is a pathetic way to tie up this loose end. I hope Luke learned his lesson and fights for Lorelai like he should have many months ago.

Tags: ,

53 thoughts on “"I Will Always Love You" Lyrics

• March 29, 2007 at 11:01 am

If this is to be the “series” finale than it is way too sad and melodramatic and not at all what fans have hoped for – unless – there is a twist and Luke comes out of his coma and fights for her like he did April.

If this is just the “season” finale than we will have something to look forward too.

What about her singing Stevie Wonder’s “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life”?

• March 29, 2007 at 12:05 pm

I’ve read on many spoiler sites that both Luke and Lorelai are both “romanticly” involved in the “season” finale.

• March 29, 2007 at 12:17 pm

That nice & good lyrics for L/L spoiler

• March 29, 2007 at 2:04 pm

In the spirit of accuracy:
    The song is sung in the movie ‘Best Little Whorehouse in Texas’; sung by Dolly Parton.
    In the movie, ‘Bodyguard’, Dolly is singing it.

This is just in case people want to hear and see the original song in it’s context.

• March 29, 2007 at 2:05 pm

(dolly sings it in the dance scene of bodyguard)

• March 29, 2007 at 3:07 pm

I think everyone needs to calm down. We don’t know why she is exactly singing it. Yes, it is to Luke. But maybe later she tells him thats not how I feel. I’m sure the writers are smart enough to have read the lyrics first. They have made some mistakes but give them a little credit.

• March 29, 2007 at 5:57 pm

There is a little on crazy-internet-people about this scene-

“And on the subject of the song Lorelai sings. I know a minuscule tidbit about the scene. I have been told that the scene is not cheesy and that we will be very pleased. And that the seeming cheesiness of the song does NOT reflect the scene at all. But the person who imparted this info is someone I trust so it makes me very happy.”

Also, looks like Lucy will be back soon, probably for the graduation. Here-

• March 29, 2007 at 9:03 pm

I think Lorelai singing this to Luke will be very good. To me, she thinks that he doesn’t want her anymore but she wants him to know that he’s the one for her, which probably results in them getting back together eventually. Yay!

• March 30, 2007 at 4:28 am

IMO, it’s an error to presume that she’s singing this directly to Luke. I think something got garbled in the rumor mill and she’s actually singing it either 1) to Rory (about graduation), 2) to Rory (trying to cheer her up about breaking up with Logan) or 3) to her own Jeep (for dying on her). And *then* Luke will get sucked back in by her wacky, wacky ways just by observing her singing to/about others.

— Rob

• March 30, 2007 at 4:47 am

No! I’m pretty sure Lorelai will sing it to Luke! And just like Deborah said…Lorelai will sing it to Luke, thinking that he doesn’t love her anymore, and i think Luke will tell her that she’s wrong, that he DOES love her so much, and he needs her, and i think that’s how they gonna get back together!
    AMEN!!

• March 30, 2007 at 8:57 am

Dolly sang this to Burt Reynold’s character of the Sheriff since she feels that their love can’t live out in the open since he’s shooting for a higher office and it would kill his career to have an ex madam as his wife.

The Sheriff seems to go along with her choice then thinks “screw it, I love her”, sweeps her up in his arms and they ride off into the sunset.

The bodyguard also leave you with the impression that the guy isn’t going to let her go so easy so…don’t give up hope just because of the lyrics cause I’m all for a repeat of the final scene from Best Little Whorehouse but Luke will sweep her up and ride off in an ugly green truck.

• March 30, 2007 at 10:43 am

didn’t ausiello SAY it wasn’t to Rory?? Why do people keep saying this! It’s craziness. You know that they’re going to bring L/L together in the end, they’re not stupid enough to piss off 4 million people. So, we just need to stop and wait for it to happen.

Plus, I’m tired of the glimore of hope/not coming back posts on here. It gets frustrating! Can we just not think about it until we get the announcement? Nothing we say is going to change it :(

• March 30, 2007 at 12:57 pm

New description for the next episode on crazy-internet-people. We now know where Luke and Lorelai talk! But wait, Luke participates in a town event? Hopefully it is just to get to Lorelai.

“LORELAI AND LUKE CLEAR THE AIR. As Stars Hollow prepares for its annual Spring Fling festival, Rory brings Logan home and shows him around town. Lorelai sees how serious their relationship has become and worries that Logan is too irresponsible for Rory. Taylor angers the town by spending the entire Spring Fling budget on a huge hay bale maze. At an unexpected encounter in the maze, Lorelai and Luke apologize to one another and admit they both made mistakes that lead to the end of their engagement. Meanwhile, Rory has a job interview with the Providence Journal-Bulletin and struggles with decisions about her future.”

Also, for some reason they have now added question marks to the title of episode 7.20, so now it is “Lorelai? Lorelai?” Hmmm…

Then, there is a bunch of studio tour stuff. Here-

“I spoke with at least nine different Gilmore crew members and each one told me pretty much the same story. They didn’t know if the show would be back next year, but they certainly hoped it would be. Most seemed to expect the decision to be handed down in May. Some crew members predicted only a slight chance for season 8, while others were fairly optimistic. It seems very safe to say that no decision regarding season 8 yet been made. If it has, no one’s told the crew members because from the impression I got everyone “hoped to come back a paycheck next year.”…Episode News:

Unfortunately, I didn’t find out the name of the epsiode, but I’m assuming that it’s 7.21 because everything I saw involved Yale graduation. The only cast members I witnessed filming were Alexis Bledel (Rory), Liza Weil (Paris), Krysten Ritter (Lucy), and Michelle Ongkingco (Olivia).

The four girls filmed a scene together and I can only guess it was a post-graduation mini-celebration. During the outdoor scene each was dressed in black cap and gown, took turns chatting, popped open a bottle of bubbly, made small swigs, and as they walked off together someone (I believe Lucy) yelled, “To our futures!”

During a different scene, Rory and Paris walked across the graduation stage and received their diplomas. In the graduation line, Paris is directly in front of Rory. If I’m not mistaken, as Rory gets her diploma her name is announced as Lorelai Leigh Gilmore.”

and..

“My friend and I caught some filming of 7.21 at USC today. They were still filming a bit with the graduates in cap and gowns. We saw Alexis Bledel and Liza Weil. It looked like they were filming a scene with Alexis, Liza, and what looked like a guy, or maybe it was even Lucy, talking while in their caps and gowns. It looked like it could have been part of the processional or something. They had a banner up that said “Congratulations Bradford Graduates” and had all the chairs set up for the guests at the graduation.

Later Matt Czuchry appeared. He was wearing a black suit with a yellow tie. Alexis went off and came back in a black skirt and a beige colored top. It was dark by then, so they were filming a night scene. It was of Rory and Logan. Now based on our best SPECCING since we could only hear a few lines here and there, we’re pretty sure it was when Rory turns down his proposal. But we’re not sure if he’d already proposed earlier or if it happened during the scene. When the scene starts though it looks like Rory is already agitated because she’s walking super fast and trying to get ahead of him and it looks like she’s irritated with him. Then they make their way to a horse and carriage with two white horses. I’m guessing Logan got it for her as part of the proposal or in case she decided to say yes. They did this scene a few times, sometimes the scene seemed to have them both angry, and some of the takes seemed more mellow, even including a smile or two. There is a ring box, it was hard to see at first but it looked like at first Logan has it, then he takes Rory’s hands and hands it to Rory, and then at the end she hands it back (though a few times I think Alexis still had it when the scene ended). Anyway, without hearing the dialogue (except for a line of Rory’s that says, “You did? When?” to Logan, and a girl standing by said she heard one of them say “San Francisco” and something that included “for two years”) it’s really hard to say for sure what was going on, but that’s our best guess. When they wrapped for the night Matt and Alexis hugged.

We tried really hard to get the title of the episode, but the crew only kept telling us the number. And when asked about season eight, a crew guy said, “We don’t know yet.” Then a girl standing by said, “Is that true or are you just TELLING us that?” and he said, “Maybe!” and rode off on his bike. ”

and…..

“Just got back from the Tour. Nothing much really.

They were setting up for a lunch buffet for GG, so I’m not sure whether they were actually filming there or if it was for the crew setting up. But regardless no celebrity sightings for me. The tour guide, Jeff, took us around the Hollow and was very surprised when we came across a storage shed filled with artsy craftsy items (which I automatically assumed was Liz/TJ). The reason he was so surprised was that they had just started building it yesterday and it was already finished this morning.

When I asked him about a Season 8, he told us that they originally only wanted to end at Season 7, but they are now “in talks”. So I guess, nothing new there.”

If you wanna see pictures, go here and click on the links at the bottom-

Then, there are more, better, pictures on another link that I will post in a different post.

That’s it.

• March 30, 2007 at 1:56 pm

I found this on spoilerfix.com :

03/28 – Due to a last-minute change of plans, Lauren Graham is no longer singing ABBA’s “Fernando” in the May 1 episode. Now for the good news: She’s singing Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” instead. And now for the even better news: She sings it to someone specific — and it’s not Rory. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

……

It’s Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love you” not Whitney Houston’s.

• March 30, 2007 at 7:31 pm

I’m sure there has to be an explanation, but it really sounds like Lorelai is saying goodbye forever by the looks of those lyrics.

• March 31, 2007 at 4:01 am

Its the same lyrics, Alexandra.

• March 31, 2007 at 4:58 pm

I need help! I don’t have cable and I have been watching episodes on gilmorefan.com and the site has been shut down! I am desperate for a place that has clips updated regularly! I have looked everywhere anyone have any idea??? HELP

• April 1, 2007 at 4:05 am

Amanda- youtube or gilmorefan.com

• April 1, 2007 at 6:01 am

Hey there is some new stuff on crazy-internet-people-

First, I don’t know if this has to do with anything, but here-

“…I have been promised by My Friend at GG that Luke’s rants will be returning soon!!”

Then here is a link to the transcript of the latest TV Guide Podcast-

Then, here is a little bit about Hay Bale Maze-

“Rory gets a job offer. Logan spends time at Lorelai’s house, and he and Lorelai talk.”

Then, there is some stuff from studio tours-

“I don’t know if anyone has posted this, but I took a tour of the wb set, and my tour guide was great. It was only myself and four others from my family, so he took us wherever we wanted. i asked him some things about the show, and he also said that Logan proposes, and that Luke and Lorelai make up. He also said something about logan living in San Francisco or them making a set for an apartment there. I didn’t really know what he was talking about so I didn’t totally understand it, but I think that is what the thing that Logan says about San Fransisco is.”

and..

“He didn’t say when it happened, but being he knew that and that they haven’t started filming the last episode (what I’m guessing because they were just filming at USC) I wuold guess that all that stuff happens before the last episode. I don’t know if it happens in the same episode though, because he never said.”

and..

“Not to be a downer, but I don’t know if I would take it like that. I also don’t know if they are for sure building that set. I forgot to mention that the tour guide said that it looked like they were kind of wrappping things up. Very depressing.”

and..

” my sister goes to USC, where the Yale scenes are filmed. She gets to watch the scenes being filmed, and she saw Logan get down on one knee and Rory’s reaction was clearly negative (although she couldn’t hear what was said). Lauren Graham was really nice, as was Matt Czuchry…but Alexis Bledel was really rude – not replying to people who tried to introduce themselves (including a friend of my sister’s…who went up to her and said, “Hi, I’m Tom” AB said “Okaaay…”, rolled her eyes, and refused a picture) or giving autographs. Sorry if that offends any AB lovers on here, but that’s just the way she was acting at that moment; I know it’s not an accurate representation of her character.”

and..

“Most of the time they shot at “yale”, its really been at USC. The Yale Parents Weekend episode was all shot here. Anyways, I know for a fact now that Chris will be at Rory’s graduation. How do I know this? Because I just saw them shoot it!! They shot at part where Chris, Rory, and Lorelai all stand together while Rory is in her cap and gown. Kelly Bishop was also there, but I didn’t see Scott. He might show up later though, because after they filmed that family part, the director said that they were going to move on and the crew started to move to another location. They were telling the extras how to walk up and get their diplomas, so I think they might be filming the actual graduation part soon.”

and..

“They were filming, so security wouldn’t let you stop and take pictures, which really sucked. It was a really short sceen. The actors so Lorelai and Chris were each on one side of Rory, who was in her cap and gown. They all said “No” at the same time, not sure why, but then that was the end of the sceen. The director then said, “moving on” and the crew started to pack up to go to another location. The crew then started to tell the extras how to walk up and get their diplomas, so I think the actually graduation is the part that they will be filming next.” and “…I didn’t see Scott, but he might be showing up later when they film the actual graduation, or they might have already shot his part yesterday.”

That’s it.

• April 1, 2007 at 8:21 am

ok that really didnt help me I have been to gilmorefan.com it is shut down!!!!
    and you tube has also shut down all the people I used to watch the episodes pages…please some one else?? where can I watch new episodes clips that are updated regularly!!!thanks guys!
    I am so sad about the show ending it is so not right…it just seems like the writers (dave) should of known that fromthe beginning and everything would of been different!

• April 1, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Amanda, I think we are out of luck for now. Gilmorefan and Dragonflyinn.org were the sites that had episode clips and they were both shut down the same day (dragonflyinn is still up but they had to take all their media off) so it sounds like they are getting in trouble until they figure out something else to do.

And Em, I love that song! I just finished working on a video for it because I thought it went so well, Look for it on youtube soon!

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to the Palladino’s new pilot run thru this Thursday, as well as taking the WB tour right before, so I will let you guys know if anything interesting happens.

• April 1, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Don’t they have episodes at the CW site?

• April 1, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Hey go to gilmoregirls.org to get a link to “save one show” to vote for GG…

John
    No no they dont….they only have recaps in word form…no video!!! :( I am one unhappy girl! I have to find a way to fix this before April 17th!!!

• April 2, 2007 at 12:49 am

Amanda i was about to tell you that thedragonflyin has episode clips when i saw that there are no longer there(that’s the site where i used to watch the episodes)!!!!now i’ve got the same problem as yours!!!!!!!!!

I won’t stop searching for sites that might have episode clips.If i find one,i’ll post it!

• April 2, 2007 at 4:59 am

Aw, you’re so lucky Deborah!
    I REALLY wanted to go on a tour…but i can’t! I live in Brazil, damn it!
    And oh yeah, i wanna watch your video too! Let us know when it’s up!
    And em..thankyou sooo much for the spoilers!!
    I’m dying to see the next episodes!
    I just rewatched the 6.02, the episode that Lorelai buys Paul Anka, haha, very funny, and Rory speaking spanish with the maid, and starting her community service, and the hole in Lorelai’s room…very funny.
    I miss those days!

• April 2, 2007 at 12:19 pm

i don’t think it is pathetic i think it is ssoooooooo sweet and i have read that they WILL BE BACK TOGETHER BY THE END OF THE SEASON FROM MY SPOILER WEBSITES !!!

• April 2, 2007 at 4:29 pm

Dude… people… don’t mean to be rude but Amanda… youtube has entire season 7 episodes… I know because I’ve been watching them lately on their… they haven’t been taken down yet.

• April 2, 2007 at 4:31 pm

I can’t wait to see it Deborah =] It hasn’t uploaded yet so I’m still waiting…

oh, Amanda, crazy-internet-people.com has entire transcripts of season 7 episodes… I know its not the same as watching but if you cant find an episode on youtube thats basically all you can do, lol.

• April 3, 2007 at 6:13 pm

HEy Jess thanks girl! I know You Tube isnt shut down silly…but the girl who was uploading shut her little page down…can you tell me the members name to type in that is uploadinig the episodes so I know what to search for ???? Thanks for you help appriciate it!

• April 3, 2007 at 7:49 pm

I’m pretty sure Lorelai sings only the chorus, not the whole song. No need to worry about the context :)

• April 7, 2007 at 11:17 pm

In case you haven’t noticed, they have been starting to take down all of the websites that have movies and TV shows on them. I have an account on Youtube, and I made play lists for all of the season 7 episodes, but now all of a sudden I can’t watch them. And I found a site that has a bunch of movies and TV shows on it to watch (they don’t have GG :P), and one week the site will be working, and another it won’t. Something is going on.

And Deborah, that video is so good! That song fits so well for them. At least until they get back together!

• May 1, 2007 at 6:54 pm

I just saw the episode tonight. Lorelai orignially sings this to Rory because Rory wanted her mom to sing. It starts out as being a joke and as soon as Luke enters the karaoke bar she changes her tone. You know right then and there her feelings. When I saw it, it wasn’t really the words but how she sang it so beatifully knowing her deep feelings for Luke. His looks are so good. He smiles and justlooks like he’s going to tearup. Gosh, it was so emotional. Good episode

• May 2, 2007 at 3:58 am

Luke better end up with Lorelai! If they don’t end up together the whole last season will remain horrible.

• February 8, 2008 at 11:15 am

In regards to the dolly parton-i will always love discussion. she does not sing it in the dance scene of the bodyguard. it is a country gentlemen whose name i’ve been trying to get. does anyone know who sang the version in the bar dance scene in the bodyguard?

• April 19, 2008 at 12:34 am

the name of the singer in the bar scene singing i will always love you is john doe. he has released several albums over the years. probably best known for his sleasy role as the bartender in road house that swayze catches skimming the register and fires. the nephew of the rich jerk that thought he owned the town.

• October 11, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I wish I knew a girl like Barbie back when I was still a
    youngster. I mean how awesome might it were already with regard to gamer
    like myself playing his Xbox finish with simply as being a typical child.

Sorry this led to a tangent, your posting “I Will Always Love You” Lyrics — Gilmore News – Gilmore
    Girls Community actually was super helpful and features changed
    just how in which I will for ever play games.